Another waxing question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009 | 11:26 PM
Pro

Another waxing question.

Hello all,

Sorry to post another question in regards to waxing my car, but I have a quick question. I was able to hand wash my car at my buddies house today, and sine he had some Meguiars NXT 2.0 paste wax on hand, I decided to wax my car. Anyway, to my surprise, it eliminated all of my swirl marks, and really brought out the depth in my CGP TSX. So, I was wondering if this actually got rid of the swirls, or just simply "filled" them in, and the next time I wash my car they will reappear?

Also, after applying the NXT 2.0 and removing it, I applied some Optimum Car Wax Spray (from Pat at Excel Detail). It's a caranuba/polymer. Is this ok, or was that a total waste of time and product?

Lastly, I have a PC 7424, what size pads do I need to purchase for it on Exceldetail's web site?

Thanks again, guys!

Jeff

P.s. I just want this NXT 2.0 to hold me for another month or so, until the weather gets nice enough to polish the car (Chicago, IL area)
Old 03-06-2009 | 11:44 PM
He who laughs, last didnt

Originally Posted by JLTSX07
Hello all,

Sorry to post another question in regards to waxing my car, but I have a quick question. I was able to hand wash my car at my buddies house today, and sine he had some Meguiars NXT 2.0 paste wax on hand, I decided to wax my car. Anyway, to my surprise, it eliminated all of my swirl marks, and really brought out the depth in my CGP TSX. So, I was wondering if this actually got rid of the swirls, or just simply "filled" them in, and the next time I wash my car they will reappear?

Also, after applying the NXT 2.0 and removing it, I applied some Optimum Car Wax Spray (from Pat at Excel Detail). It's a caranuba/polymer. Is this ok, or was that a total waste of time and product?

Lastly, I have a PC 7424, what size pads do I need to purchase for it on Exceldetail's web site?

Thanks again, guys!

Jeff

P.s. I just want this NXT 2.0 to hold me for another month or so, until the weather gets nice enough to polish the car (Chicago, IL area)
i would get 5.5 for better cutting abilities
but one question, do you know the size of your backing plate?
if you have 5" get the 5.5, if you have 6" get the 6.5.
Old 03-06-2009 | 11:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bAek-sU
i would get 5.5 for better cutting abilities
but one question, do you know the size of your backing plate?
if you have 5" get the 5.5, if you have 6" get the 6.5.
I'll have to look tomorrow, but I want to say that it's a 6".

Also, will Megs NXT 2.0 remove swirls, or does it just simply fill them until the next car wash?
Old 03-07-2009 | 12:02 AM
2016 E350 Sport

Hello all,

Thanks again, guys!

Jeff

The NXT 2.0 only filled in the swirls. The look will only last for a couple of washes and the swirls will start to reappear. Machine correction is the proper way to remove the swirls.

6-6.5" pads are pretty standard. some people prefer the smaller 5-5" pads to get into tough panel areas. I like to use 6.5" and 4.0" pads. Patrick can guide you as to which polishing and cutting pads he sells.

Optimum Spray Wax is an excellent topper and will increase longevity. This may help extend the life of the fillers in the NXT 2.0 until you polish next month.
Old 03-07-2009 | 12:13 AM
Former Sponsor

I think you guys (posters) answered everything pretty well! I thik I also answered your questions in a previous post, and a pm?
Old 03-07-2009 | 12:47 AM
Pro

Kind of a bogus question here, but my buddy had some Meguiars Swirl X. I guess this stuff just came out for 2009. Anyway, he's going to use this on his 2003 Cobra (black) to remove some swirls. From what's he's read and seen (meguiars forum), this stuff works great. I'm still a little bit skeptical, but I figured I'd help him apply it to his Mustang.

Anyway, what kind of a pad would I want to use to apply this to his Black Mustang? I will be purchasing pads from Patrick, but wasn't sure if I'd want to use a white or a yellow pad.

Thanks!

Jeff
Old 03-07-2009 | 12:51 AM
The Detailer

If you want some good correction, I think your best bet would be to go with the 4" pads on the PC. However, if your swirls aren't so bad, I would prefer the 5" or 5.5" pads.
Old 03-07-2009 | 12:52 AM
He who laughs, last didnt

Originally Posted by SweetJazz
The NXT 2.0 only filled in the swirls. The look will only last for a couple of washes and the swirls will start to reappear. Machine correction is the proper way to remove the swirls.

6-6.5" pads are pretty standard. some people prefer the smaller 5-5" pads to get into tough panel areas. I like to use 6.5" and 4.0" pads. Patrick can guide you as to which polishing and cutting pads he sells.

Optimum Spray Wax is an excellent topper and will increase longevity. This may help extend the life of the fillers in the NXT 2.0 until you polish next month.
+1.. listen to this guy, he know what he's talking about.
optimun spray wax is a must
Old 03-07-2009 | 10:13 AM
Safety Car

Kind of a bogus question here, but my buddy had some Meguiars Swirl X. I guess this stuff just came out for 2009. Anyway, he's going to use this on his 2003 Cobra (black) to remove some swirls. From what's he's read and seen (meguiars forum), this stuff works great. I'm still a little bit skeptical, but I figured I'd help him apply it to his Mustang.

Anyway, what kind of a pad would I want to use to apply this to his Black Mustang? I will be purchasing pads from Patrick, but wasn't sure if I'd want to use a white or a yellow pad.

Thanks!

Jeff

the new swirl x will remove swirls and i would suggest a white pad and speed 5 as a minimum on your pc/udm....although swirl x isnt my choice, it is indeed a swirl remover polish...and its not new for 09, just a new version of the product....
Old 03-07-2009 | 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

"Meguiars Swirl X Swirl Remover is a non-abrasive paint cleaner and polish that removes the most common problem plaguing paint today – SWIRLS!"

So just how does this happen Meguiars? Non abrasive? Why, why its a miracle!!??Its probably very pad dependent, which really makes it nothing more then a lubricant and/or "swirl filler"......