Always a sucker for something free........

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:47 AM
PWP 2010 TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Penor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 PM
10th Gear

niccee
Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Intermediate

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks man! Just placed my order.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
Thanks Patrick!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Racer

Just got it.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
just ordered. thanks a lot! cant believe it was free!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey just because Im a distributor doesnt mean I dont know the value of a buck! Actually about $15.00 for most of us if you include shipping.....
Old 06-16-2010, 02:56 PM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
i just recieved my packed today.

Looking forward to trying this out
Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Got it yesterday!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
Patrick how's this compare with ONRWS?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
Patrick how's this compare with ONRWS?
Cant truthfully be compared to NRWS, as they are not similar products. The Prolong is a great cleaning product, which also provides some protection (As does NRWS). But the Prolong is a "trunkable" product, meaning you can carry it with you at all times. NRWS does require the addition of water as most of you know.

On another note..............
I just recieved a call from Prolong, asking if I could kindly remove my thread about the promotion. The promotion was intended for marketing purposes with an ad they had established with a magazine. I had previously found this promotion on another forum and wanted to share with you folks, as I felt it was a good product. However, when Prolong suddenly gets a ton of orders, having nothing to do with the ad, it sort of.....throws the ad results out the window.

So at this time, please do not order any Prolong Waterless Wash & Shine Cleaner through the link in post #1.

Also, if I could have a moderator step in and remove the actual assigned link html, I would be appreciative, as would ProLong!!

Those of you that received the product? Congrats!! It would be great if you would post your opinions and findings here, with this thread. I will record all opinions in a one months time (Mid July) and forward to Prolong.....BTW, I have no financial benefit in providing this information to ProLong.

Thanks folks!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:52 AM
NBP is a pain...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just received my package today and it seems to work great at removing water spots. Thanks again op!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Got it today!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,025 Posts
Link removed per request

So this product is basically a quick detailer?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Link removed per request

So this product is basically a quick detailer?
Thank you Chris, and no sir. Well, I guess you could call it a QD on the tail end. But it has better/safer cleaning abilities then a QD.
Again, these types of products do have limits.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I'm just having trouble understanding it's use, it's not a QD, but it's not a spray wax, wtf is it?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm just having trouble understanding it's use, it's not a QD, but it's not a spray wax, wtf is it?
LMAO.........
Prolong Waterless Wash & Shine is a revolutionary new method of washing and shining your truck, van, RV or boat without water, with little time or effort. No buckets, no hoses no rinsing and drying! It is simply sprayed onto the surface and wiped dry. With Prolong Waterless Wash & Shine you can conveniently and quickly wash your vehicle anywhere, anytime. The unique formulation dissolves dirt and stains such as tree sap and bugs; special lubricating agents encapsulate the dirt so that it can easily be wiped off without scratching. It also leaves a protective film that provides gloss, color enhancement and smoothness that conventional commercial washes fail to deliver.

Product Overview
  • Quick and easy with no water or mess.
  • Will not damage your truck or vehicle's surface
  • Cleans, shines and protects
  • Even removes tar, sap and bird droppings
Old 06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
KBPftmfw

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
Patrick, I can understand their concern. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't curb the abuse a little by charging for shipping. Someone posted this at Club Lexus and I think I also saw it on Autopia.

At any rate, when I receive mine I will post a review. I love new products.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Even at $30.00 a Gal, its a bargain. Like you, I love trying new stuff, although not entirely new, this is my second bottle.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Cant truthfully be compared to NRWS, as they are not similar products. The Prolong is a great cleaning product, which also provides some protection (As does NRWS). But the Prolong is a "trunkable" product, meaning you can carry it with you at all times. NRWS does require the addition of water as most of you know.

I just recieved a call from Prolong, asking if I could kindly remove my thread about the promotion. The promotion was intended for marketing purposes with an ad they had established with a magazine. I had previously found this promotion on another forum and wanted to share with you folks, as I felt it was a good product. However, when Prolong suddenly gets a ton of orders, having nothing to do with the ad, it sort of.....throws the ad results out the window.

So at this time, please do not order any Prolong Waterless Wash & Shine Cleaner through the link in post #1.

Also, if I could have a moderator step in and remove the actual assigned link html, I would be appreciative, as would ProLong!!

Those of you that received the product? Congrats!! It would be great if you would post your opinions and findings here, with this thread. I will record all opinions in a one months time (Mid July) and forward to Prolong.....BTW, I have no financial benefit in providing this information to ProLong.

Thanks folks!
Are they still going to honor orders that were placed prior to notifying you about removing the link? I placed an order earlier in the day...just wondering.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RCooper
Are they still going to honor orders that were placed prior to notifying you about removing the link? I placed an order earlier in the day...just wondering.
As far as i know, yes.....i also found out there was another forum included in the mass ordering, poor folks over at ProLong!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
KBPftmfw

I used mine for the first time last night. My car was mildly dirty (1 week without washing, highway driving, driven through rain). I sprayed it onto a couple panels and let it dwell for a minute or 2, then I used a microfiber that was dipped in a bucket containing ONR (3 caps:3 gallons). Wash a panel, rinse microfiber, wash a panel, repeat, etc.

I have to say that this is a quality product. Did not induce marring and left a very slick surface. Actually, it adds a little protection as I tested this on my girl's Eclipse and it was beading water from a rain storm 10 minutes later. The rest of her car has no LSP so I was kind of shocked it was beading as much as it was.

Don't care much for the strong citrusy scent, reminds me of Goo-Gone.

I'll do a full writeup within the next week as I feel ProLong deserves credit for this offer and for making a legit product.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 PM
The Detailer

Originally Posted by exceldetail

Thanks folks!
I don't know about you but it sounds like ProLong is complaining about the promotion of their product. If they can't handle the volume, they shouldn't be really running the promotion... that's what I think. Sounds like an oxymoron if you ask me.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH
I used mine for the first time last night. My car was mildly dirty (1 week without washing, highway driving, driven through rain). I sprayed it onto a couple panels and let it dwell for a minute or 2, then I used a microfiber that was dipped in a bucket containing ONR (3 caps:3 gallons). Wash a panel, rinse microfiber, wash a panel, repeat, etc.

I have to say that this is a quality product. Did not induce marring and left a very slick surface. Actually, it adds a little protection as I tested this on my girl's Eclipse and it was beading water from a rain storm 10 minutes later. The rest of her car has no LSP so I was kind of shocked it was beading as much as it was.

Don't care much for the strong citrusy scent, reminds me of Goo-Gone.

I'll do a full writeup within the next week as I feel ProLong deserves credit for this offer and for making a legit product.
Interesting, so it doesn't strip LSP's though? so I could use this for in between washes?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Interesting, so it doesn't strip LSP's though? so I could use this for in between washes?
Absolutely....
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
KBPftmfw

Without a doubt.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
so i tried it, and i guess i expected too mcuh lol. dont get me wrong, it does what it says, but i get some yellow spots from birds/trees and what not and it doesnt not seem to remove it. it does have a citrus smell if you like that lol. it does a fairly good job in cleaning, just does not remove tough stains and spots. i recommand using it few days after you wash your car the old fashion ways, when your car is slightly dirty. over all, i give it a 4/5!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Racer

I only use it on the car for bird crap and such. Works good so far.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
works great for getting the hardened bugs off the front bumper for sure!!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got this about 3 weeks ago free!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE LINK!!!

I had a chance to finally use it on some dirt spots my car had after a car wash and man did it clean and shine well.

For those that haven't used this yet... give it a shot... very nice product...