4 star spray wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009 | 12:00 PM
Safety Car

4 star spray wax

just got done washing my car after getting it about as dirty as its ever been, so i decided i would hit it with some 4 star spray wax afterwards....its only the second time i used it as the first time i wasnt that impressed....but i must say, this time it seems to be better as its been longer since i layed down some 4star upp on it....i decided i would spray the stuff right onto a microfibre and apply like a wax and then wipe off with a dry cloth...i had to use about 5 dry microfibres by the time i was done, but car looks great...

sorry no pics, i am much to lazy for that and my pic skills and camera suck....
Old 03-30-2009 | 12:09 PM
Safety Car

alrighty, i just tried to snap off some pics, but they sucked and were not worth posting...sorry...

on a side note, my garage smells really nice after using the 4 star spray wax....
Old 03-30-2009 | 12:29 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well...first time I used it was a couple of weeks ago.

Wasn't sure what to expect...maybe I set my expectations too high.

But actually what I think was the problem was I didn't do the proper steps to reap the benefit of the product.
Old 03-30-2009 | 01:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
Well...first time I used it was a couple of weeks ago.

Wasn't sure what to expect...maybe I set my expectations too high.

But actually what I think was the problem was I didn't do the proper steps to reap the benefit of the product.
yea, you cant use it as a stand alone wax, its more of a detail spray with wax qualities in it for add protection....i have polished out my car and applied upp twice since my last detail....
Old 03-31-2009 | 12:39 AM
2016 E350 Sport

4* spray wax should only be used to top a true LSP like 4* UPP. It is a spray and wipe type of product. It gets slicker as it cures. I was not that impressed at first but after several hours I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 03-31-2009 | 07:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SweetJazz
4* spray wax should only be used to top a true LSP like 4* UPP. It is a spray and wipe type of product. It gets slicker as it cures. I was not that impressed at first but after several hours I was pleasantly surprised.
Strange characteristics indeed. Optimum Spray Wax is the same way, gets slicker and looks even better after several hours.
Old 03-31-2009 | 07:13 AM
Safety Car

yes, i like it, its a little expensive...i have only used it twice and its about half gone....oh well....

last week, i had my car perfectly cleaned on my weekend, and it sat all nice in the garage....comes time for me to go to work, and i backed my perfectly clean car right out into the rain....

i hate that....
Old 04-08-2009 | 12:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by vinnier6
last week, i had my car perfectly cleaned on my weekend, and it sat all nice in the garage....comes time for me to go to work, and i backed my perfectly clean car right out into the rain....

i hate that....
I once had to take the bus to avoid the rain! I gotta sacrifice for my car sometimes. It's ridiculuous.

Anyways, I've used the Fourstar Spray wax several times now, but I am not quite impressed with its glossiness. The Optimum Spray Wax, which is cheaper, does the same, if not better.

Now, I am thinking about a product that came up when I googled: Pinnacle Spray Wax Souveran. It's $25 and I have tendency to think more expensive should equal to more satisfaction. Have anyone used Pinnacle Souveran?
Old 04-08-2009 | 05:12 AM
Racer

I wonder if the practice being used over at Megs with the new Ultimate Spray Wax would work with some other spray wax's. They are letting them haze a little then buffing them off, treating it more like a wax than just a WOWO?
Old 04-08-2009 | 07:10 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mrclrider
I wonder if the practice being used over at Megs with the new Ultimate Spray Wax would work with some other spray wax's. They are letting them haze a little then buffing them off, treating it more like a wax than just a WOWO?
that aint going to work with 4 star...its more of a detail spray and it will dry and spot...you need to wipe it off before it drys...i dont know about the meguiars ultimate detail spray, i havent tried it yet, but i might....

i was thinking about spraying my car down with the 4 star spray while its wet and drying it off like that...anyone experience good or bad with that....
Old 04-08-2009 | 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vinnier6
that aint going to work with 4 star...its more of a detail spray and it will dry and spot...you need to wipe it off before it drys...i dont know about the meguiars ultimate detail spray, i havent tried it yet, but i might....

i was thinking about spraying my car down with the 4 star spray while its wet and drying it off like that...anyone experience good or bad with that....
It will work that way also, although you will lose some of its concentration. Can also be used as a light wash product. (But thats pretty much why the made NRWS!)
Old 04-08-2009 | 10:42 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by handy911
I once had to take the bus to avoid the rain! I gotta sacrifice for my car sometimes. It's ridiculuous.
haha that is funny

Anyways, I've used the Fourstar Spray wax several times now, but I am not quite impressed with its glossiness. The Optimum Spray Wax, which is cheaper, does the same, if not better.

Now, I am thinking about a product that came up when I googled: Pinnacle Spray Wax Souveran. It's $25 and I have tendency to think more expensive should equal to more satisfaction. Have anyone used Pinnacle Souveran?
Try Duragloss Aquawax from Excel. I have both the AG and Optimum Spray Wax, and I kinda like AG better. It's also cheaper.