07 WDP Tl-S: Crazy red / black spots in paint that won't go away!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 WDP Tl-S: Crazy red / black spots in paint that won't go away!!

So I picked up my TL-S on Saturday and finally got it home today to Wax.

I used meguiars 3 stage paint process. (Paint Cleaner, Paint Polish, and Wax)

After I washed the car I saw all these black / red looking spots, some look like rust, some look like black dots. I got the paint cleaner out and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed in circular motions and none of the spots came out. I did Polish and wax too and they're still everywhere.

On my previous car (acura integra type-R Phoenix yellow) after I did this process my car was smooth as butter but when I rub my hand over the hood on my TL I can still feel like there is something stuck to the paint.

Anyone experience this problem? I purchased it with 30k miles Certified Pre Owned from Acura.. I don't know what else to do!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Get Money

Nuclear fallout.

Buy a clay bar like mequiars or clay magic at Auto Zone. They also help a ton on front bumpers with bad bugs/tar.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
10th Gear

Here is what it looks like after Paint cleaner, Paint Polish, and Cleaner Wax.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Get some tar remover.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Clay bar should do the trick. I used to have a white tC before I got my TL and the spots from "fall out" were very noticable. Meguiar's clay bar always did the trick on getting it back to its super white shine! Make sure you follow up with a wax when your done too.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Wash
Clay
Polish (or cleanse paint)
Seal
Beer
Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I found some videos on YouTube supporting this products claims. Only problem I've only noticed is that the dealers are in Europe.

CarPro Iron X (AQuartz) - car paint, wheels and glass cleaner (safe for all wheels including painted aluminium and alloys). Automotive paint is porous, by using an acid salt solution on the paint surface the micro-fissures (‘pores’) are expanded by an exothermic reaction. This releases ferrous particles and caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface; the reaction agitates and loosens the particles allowing them to be rinsed away.

This is a one-step, highly effective vehicle paint decontamination, beyond what can be removed by washing or claying, with the cleaning power of an acid with a pH of 7.0, by using a neutralised acid salt

Neutralization is the reaction between an acid and a base (alkaline) producing a salt and neutralized base; common examples include acetic acid and sulphuric acid, it contains neutralised acid salt that effectively dissolve the sintered brake dust particles by forming a water soluble complex that can be rinsed away. Do not allow solution to dry on paint surface. The smell is similar to ammonium thioglycolate (its main chemical component) formulated in permanent wave lotion

It is really interesting to see the amount of iron particles residue that will be dissolved by Iron X, despite having clayed the car before hand. This product definitely offers advancement in paintwork decontamination
Old 10-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
i can tell you from experience, that the 3 step meguiars system is a complete waist of time....
Old 10-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by chayos00
I found some videos on YouTube supporting this products claims. Only problem I've only noticed is that the dealers are in Europe.

CarPro Iron X (AQuartz) - car paint, wheels and glass cleaner (safe for all wheels including painted aluminium and alloys). Automotive paint is porous, by using an acid salt solution on the paint surface the micro-fissures (‘pores’) are expanded by an exothermic reaction. This releases ferrous particles and caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface; the reaction agitates and loosens the particles allowing them to be rinsed away.

This is a one-step, highly effective vehicle paint decontamination, beyond what can be removed by washing or claying, with the cleaning power of an acid with a pH of 7.0, by using a neutralised acid salt

Neutralization is the reaction between an acid and a base (alkaline) producing a salt and neutralized base; common examples include acetic acid and sulphuric acid, it contains neutralised acid salt that effectively dissolve the sintered brake dust particles by forming a water soluble complex that can be rinsed away. Do not allow solution to dry on paint surface. The smell is similar to ammonium thioglycolate (its main chemical component) formulated in permanent wave lotion

It is really interesting to see the amount of iron particles residue that will be dissolved by Iron X, despite having clayed the car before hand. This product definitely offers advancement in paintwork decontamination
Most of that text was just posted in another thread here TOGWT .. I think .. not mush use if you can't buy it here .
Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Problem I see with all these replys is no one said lets determine what we are dealing with .. is it fallout? Is it paint over spray? is it tar mist? I doubt its rail dust cuz its usually not that predominant on the hood.

Untill it can be determined what it is how can we recommend a solution?
Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Problem I see with all these replys is no one said lets determine what we are dealing with .. is it fallout? Is it paint over spray? is it tar mist? I doubt its rail dust cuz its usually not that predominant on the hood.

Untill it can be determined what it is how can we recommend a solution?
you might be getting a little grumpy in your old age!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by vinnier6
you might be getting a little grumpy in your old age!!!
Nope ... logic just sets in
Old 10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, we won't know til the OP post up his living/working situation.
If he's works or lives near a factory then it's probably industrial fallout.
Lives near the beach, then the sea salt may have been eating away his paint.
etc etc... you guys get the point
Old 10-13-2010, 03:21 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
Well, we won't know til the OP post up his living/working situation.
If he's works or lives near a factory then it's probably industrial fallout.
Lives near the beach, then the sea salt may have been eating away his paint.
etc etc... you guys get the point
I just picked up the car off a used car lot, previous owner was somewhere in New York state I believe. I live and work in a residential area of Indianapolis...

I took the car to a detailer today who felt the car several times with his hands and said it seemed like overspray and he believed a clay bar would take it out
Old 10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Most of that text was just posted in another thread here TOGWT .. I think .. not mush use if you can't buy it here .
I know, but you can probably order it from overseas. With my RC plane stuff, I order from China all the time.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
USA dealer:

Phone: 1(716)860-6366
www.autoaesthetica.com
Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunchboxzt
I took the car to a detailer today who felt the car several times with his hands and said it seemed like overspray and he believed a clay bar would take it out
If that is the case then I highly suggest you to do it yourself, check here for how to use a clay bar if you don't already know how:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...uide/Clay-Bar/
The process is honestly fairly simple, and you don't need to use the whole piece of clay. You can divide the clay into 3 smaller pieces so if you accidentally drop one, you still have 2 small pieces left.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Safety Car

so who is going to send off a sample to a forensic lab so we know what we are dealing with....
Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa, time out.....
Why experiment with something new when you havent even established a point of reference. Dale brings up a very valid point, however, my instincts tell me try clay first, you have to start somewhere. Let it be done with a proven product. Im not really going out on a limb here am I guys?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:30 PM
KBPftmfw

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Why experiment with something new when you havent even established a point of reference. Dale brings up a very valid point, however, my instincts tell me try clay first, you have to start somewhere. Let it be done with a proven product. Im not really going out on a limb here am I guys?
Exactly. Clay the damn thing and then go from there. It's not rocket science.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 AM
i

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Nope and agreed. When I'm doing a full detail, i'll clay bar regardless. why spend all that time with cleaner, polishing, waxing, & even sealing when you're not going work off a fresh canvas?
Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH
Exactly. Clay the damn thing and then go from there. It's not rocket science.
thats what i was thinking...i would clay it, polish it, whatever i had in my arsenal...
Old 10-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Lunchboxzt did you ever resolve this?