Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My front bumper is dinged to the max

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
DAFRANCHISE69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My front bumper is dinged to the max

my front bumper has so many rock chips and scraps from stupid angled curbs where I live. Stupid manassas, ummm what can I do about all my dings, Should I just buy a new bumper? the dings and chips go as far up as the plastic vents on the bottom. What can the brother do? I want my bumper to look good again. how much is a new bumper with my abyss blue pearl paint on?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even if you were to purchase a brand new bumper, the color will not exactly match what you have now. You've got about four years of sunlight beating on the car, so the rest of the car may appear faded compared to a new bumper.

Just accept them as character marks.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Getting a new bumper is definately an option. You might be able to get an unpainted bumper and have a body shop paint it to match your existing paint color. Price out a new bumper-then take it to a bodyshop for an estimate on smoothing out your existing bumper and repainting.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:23 AM
2 TL Owner

My '07 is going in for a bumper repair and re-paint do to some clown backing into me. $900.00
Old 10-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FR4NCH1SE
my front bumper has so many rock chips and scraps from stupid angled curbs where I live. Stupid manassas, ummm what can I do about all my dings, Should I just buy a new bumper? the dings and chips go as far up as the plastic vents on the bottom. What can the brother do? I want my bumper to look good again. how much is a new bumper with my abyss blue pearl paint on?
Is that bad that you have to get a new bumper cover? Can't you save some cash and have a body shop repaint the bumper you have now? How does your hood look? I can only imagine what your hood looks like from how you described your bumper. I would get an estimate from a body shop on how much it would cost to paint and factor in the cost of the new bumper cover afterwards. I found the new bumper for 226.62.

Also invest in paint protection film because if you don't you're just wasting your money on a temporary fix because in 3-5 years it will probably look as it is now or worse if you do a lot of highway driving and driving in general. I feel your pain about the rocks though, in the first 20 mins I owned my Tl I was a proud owner of a 2007 tl-s with a nice chip in my windshield.

oh and one more thing

Old 10-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm in Woodbridge and I was going to take mine in to a body shop to ask about them color matching my grille. It might be worth it to see how much would they charge to fix the dings from the stupid people that don't know how to open a damn door. *RANT* My point is it won't hurt to ask someone for an estimate.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by FR4NCH1SE
Go to few reputable body shop in your area to get competitive estimates, let them know your just casually shopping around. Ask about having your front bumper repaired to like new condition, also tell them you want the bumper to be removed, not left on the car during repair/paint. Also find the best price on a new bumper on your own, then ask them what the cost difference would be to paint a new OE bumper, if you supplied it. If they have to source the bumper, they will mark it up.

Your specific color is easy to match. Brand new cars, Acura included don't all have exact matching bumpers, from the factory. As long as the color is acceptable, it's all good, a color mismatch obviously is not. Good high end shops paint match bumpers all day. Some may match better than OE form, like refinishing WDP for example.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Even if you were to purchase a brand new bumper, the color will not exactly match what you have now. You've got about four years of sunlight beating on the car, so the rest of the car may appear faded compared to a new bumper.

Just accept them as character marks.
I disagree... The difference will only be temporary so long as you maintained the body paint well. Second, the difference wouldnt really be noticable because the rest of the car takes nowhere near the beating that the front bumper does...