Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm game
Old 08-07-2006, 12:35 AM
TL Loverrrrrrr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm also interest.. since my upside down installed broadway mirror pop out and fall down and dent the silver trim slightly while i was driving a few days ago

with the multvex mirror, i'm concern about when the mirror tilt down while paraell parking and the view of curb will be distored and make it useless.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:58 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ron A,

I'd be interested in a set of these.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Pro

I would be interested as I do not like the blind spot...

However, the salesman did talk down the moving the mirror out method, but I find it works great on my two door car as the B pillar is back farther and I have a good field of vision to my left... it has never been repositioned in 10 years of driving..

But, the B pillar on this car is WIDE and right in the wrong place..

I am curious of how many people have had problems with thier A pillar!!! I have almost ran into two people because they are hidden behind my A pillar to the right...
Old 08-09-2006, 03:44 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

bump the thread to see if we can some more interests on this..
Old 08-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by Formula 350
I would be interested as I do not like the blind spot...

However, the salesman did talk down the moving the mirror out method, but I find it works great on my two door car as the B pillar is back farther and I have a good field of vision to my left... it has never been repositioned in 10 years of driving..

But, the B pillar on this car is WIDE and right in the wrong place..

I am curious of how many people have had problems with thier A pillar!!! I have almost ran into two people because they are hidden behind my A pillar to the right...
I think most people have a problem with the A pillar. I know I do, and have done the same as you, almost hit someone in the parking lot, and missed seeing a whole entire car once when turning a corner. That thing is huge.

You get used to the lack of rear view vision and compensate with the mirrors, but the A-pillar could be a killer.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Intermediate

Lightbulb

BUMP...

There are about 7 named members interested in a group buy for MultiVex Mirrors:

holybear
lembowski
dmarcus48
ThrotTLup
waacow
Thimbl
Formula 350

lembowski posted that he may have 3 or 4 buddies in San Diego who would be interested as well. Anyone else? We're close..... Thanks!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Trucki!!

One of those includes waacow
Old 08-10-2006, 02:27 AM
TL Loverrrrrrr

once we get our hand on the mirror and demo them at the meets, if it is a good product, others would want to get their hands on it..

A pillar is the front? and B pillar is the rear?
If that is the case, I also almost run over a few person because the A pillar was in the way, so is passenger's head.. a few close calls when changing lane since i didn't see other cars...

we joke around to put on side camera (similar to backup camera) or change lane sensor because the blind spot are so bad...
Old 08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Intermediate

Talking Holding Pattern

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to post and let you know I'm in a bit of a holding pattern waiting for the moderator to give me thumbs up and for Detroit to give me the thumbs up. As soon as I hear back from either or both of them, I will be ready to rock. It would also be helpful to do a head count again but also let me know what year everyone's is and the folks with 2006s will have to make patterns for me so we get the right fit.

I forgot to mention that our mirrors are cut 1/8th to 1/16th of an inch smaller than the OEM mirror, so there should be no problem with mirror adjustments if applied correctly. Also, I might have misquoted the price. Since our mirrors retail for $69-$73 per pair, a $10 dollar discount would make them $59-$63 per pair + shipping, but you would still save the $10. The forum will still get a little cut even at that price so that'll be good for the good people who run this fine online service! Sorry for the confusion.

OK...I'll wait to hear back from everyone and hope it works itself out soon.

Drive safely, all!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by indycar mirrors
Also, I might have misquoted the price. Since our mirrors retail for $69-$73 per pair, a $10 dollar discount would make them $59-$63 per pair + shipping, but you would still save the $10. The forum will still get a little cut even at that price so that'll be good for the good people who run this fine online service! Sorry for the confusion.

OK...I'll wait to hear back from everyone and hope it works itself out soon.

Drive safely, all!

OK... since I just went to the website... and the mirrors were priced at $60.. and I could check out at that price... bumping them up $9 to $13 and then giving me $10 off seems kind of strange... so, take me off the list...

Indycar... do you work for the company?? Are you a representative??
Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up Whoops

I mighta blundered again. Many of the mirrors have gone up in price, like the light truck and SUV mirrors, etc and I get a parts list but not a price list. Whatever the retail price is, you will theoretically pay $10 less than that. I say theoretically because both the forum mod and Detroit is balking right now. Doing a group buy is easy for mirrors that we have in stock like the '04 and '05 models but a bit more complicated for mirrors that we don't have the tooling for. Since we don't know yet whether the '06 mirrors are the same as the '05s, it could take longer to fill the orders for 2006 TLs if they are indeed different, and I will have to pay for the tool and die costs myself. Typically, a custom pair of mirrors is $90 and take 90 days to deliver (all new mirror applications are considered "custom"), but doing a group buy like this makes it easier for the customer because I pay for the extra costs myself out of my $5/pair profit...but it still takes 90 days. So, I hope that wasn't too confusing...just know that mirrors we don't make yet are a different animal than mirrors that we already have in stock.

To answer the previous question, my buddy found out about Multivex mirrors because he is a driving afficianado. He bought a pair and loved them so much, he called the inventor/manufacturer and ended up convincing him that he needs a strong web marketing program. He got me to work on a new website and cultivate it for the online community. I have done all the pay-per-click, online marketing. writing and website maintenance for over 2 years now.

We are now #4 on Google for our primary keywords and trying to do a better job serving the senior driving community who, come to find out, REALLY love our mirrors because they drastically reduce neck and eye strain while increasing field-of-view and senior driver safety. So we are proud of the job we've done spreading the word about a great product and doing something that the folks in Detroit don't have the time and know-how to do. Robert McCord is the esteemed owner/inventor (nearly 80 years old now!)and he still calls all the shots, which is one reason why I'm having a bit of difficulty getting this group buy off the ground.

If the mod doesn't sign off on the group buy and/or we don't get 10 people to sign up, I will regretfully have to withdraw the group buy effort. I will leave all of you with all my best wishes and hope maybe we can help solve your blind-spot problems somewhere down the road. Thanks again for your kindness...I'll post a definitive answer on the group buy soon! 'Til then, drive safe!! Kenney
Old 08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Kenney,

Why don't you just take a 04-05 mirror and hold it up to an 06. I don't think there's any difference in the mirrors between 04 and 06 but you never know.

Dave
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Intermediate

The following is from the MultivexMirrors site and represents the mirror template for the '04-'05 TL side mirrors. I turned it at included the image from within Photoshop so you could see the ruler. I printed this at 100%, cut our the mirror shape and held it to my '06 TL mirror. The shape is an identical match. The 7.12" size seems slightly larger than my '06 TL mirror, but my method is certainly not precise and I'm not sure if I should include the border or not.

Kenny - any luck with dmarcus48's suggestion above? If you'll honor a return, I'll by the '04 version, hold it to my '06 and report back. At this point, I really don't care about a group buy. I just want the mirror if it will fit my '06. Thanks!

Old 08-15-2006, 11:18 PM
6speed NBP

Am in! Thats 8 and maybe + the other 3

holybear
lembowski
dmarcus48
ThrotTLup
waacow
Thimbl
Formula 350
Eternallx
Old 08-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by EternaLlx
Am in! Thats 8 and maybe + the other 3

holybear
lembowski
dmarcus48
ThrotTLup
waacow
Thimbl
Formula 350
Eternallx
You can remove holybear from your list. He is no longer with us.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Advanced

To adjust your mirrors properly

Most people do not know how to adjust mirrors PROPERLY. I read about this several years ago in Car & Driver magazine, and it works very well.

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/
Old 08-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Man of God.....

Where does the group buy stand, on this?

I am interested......
Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm interested too...

I'm curious, the blue/green tint on the mirrors is known as an "anti-dazzle" feature. The tint is intended to HELP prevent you from getting blinded when that A-Hole with monster truck gets up on your rear bumper with brights on. Do these mirrors have the anti-dazzle coating? Is that an option we can specifiy?

As for pricing, it's good. VW/European "Aspeherical mirrors" are available in OEM form, but are $45 dollar each! I bought a set for my Jetta a few years back.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Pro

Sill interested.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by NimbleLooper
Most people do not know how to adjust mirrors PROPERLY. I read about this several years ago in Car & Driver magazine, and it works very well.

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/
I've tried this method and don't like it. The problem for me is that I loose my car as a reference point. If someone or something hits your mirror and changes the alignment there's no way to know.

Dave
Old 08-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Exclamation Just waiting on the forum mod

Hi everyone! I'm just waiting to hear back from the forum moderator for the thumbs up from the forum to do it. We can't afford to advertise monthly but we are willing to kick $5/pair back to the forum on the group buy. That makes it a break-even for us because our $10/pair profit is being split between the factory for the set-up costs and the forum. If the 2006 mirrors are the same, then I'll kick the whole $10/pair back to the forum, but I still have to get the OK from the top so I don't make anyone mad or think I'm not following the forum rules.

Anyway, I think they are the same mirrors (2004-2006) but I have to get the patterns from a couple of different '06 TLs and get them to the factory to make sure so they can be guaranteed to fit. If a couple of you 2006 TL owners could mail in your patterns, we can hurry the process up. Just go to our web site , go to "Downloads" , go down to "Trace Instructions" and follow the instructions to the tee. I will e-mail them to let them know to expect them and why there is no check enclosed. Once they do that, then everyone will mail their checks to me personally. I'll deposit all the checks and then send out 2 checks...one check to Detroit (with a shipping address list of everyone in the group buy) to cover the cost of the mirrors (plus shipping) and one to the forum ad moderator for the privilege of getting our superior blind spot technology out in front of the TL community.

I think we have enough people to run with it when/if we get the thumbs up from Acurazine on a one time deal. Thanks for all your help, everyone! Talk to you soon...drive safely, all! Kenney

PS Oh yeah, the mirrors do have a slight blue tint and tend to show the blue from the underlying mirror through, so they have a slightly bluish tint when in installed. The 3M adhesive stacks are spread around the back of the mirror to attach evenly and securely to the mirror but also to allow any light and/or heat coming from the mirror below to convey through the Multivex mirror. A bead of silicone across the top and down the sides between the original mirror glass and the Multivex glass is an option that some users use to increase the effect of transferring the heat and light through to the top mirror, but it is not at all required.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Mofo

If the price is still $50/pair shipped - im interested....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:21 PM
6speed NBP

1. lembowski
2. dmarcus48
3. ThrotTLup
4. waacow
5. Thimbl
6. Formula 350
7. Eternallx
8. Spiritman
9. Kennedy
10. maluskills (if price is right)
Old 08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Mofo

indycar mirrors - let us know if we can still do this...?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Safety Car

1. lembowski
2. dmarcus48
3. ThrotTLup
4. waacow
5. Thimbl
6. Formula 350
7. Eternallx
8. Spiritman
9. Kennedy
10. maluskills (if price is right)
11. Hawhyen51 (if price is right)
Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Trucki!!

I'm sure if this was made into an actual group buy in the for sale forum we could probably get 20 or so interested members. Indycarmirrors are there any other price breaks for say 20/30/40 buys?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
05 TL

I'm down. Count me in for a pair.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by lembowski
I'm sure if this was made into an actual group buy in the for sale forum we could probably get 20 or so interested members. Indycarmirrors are there any other price breaks for say 20/30/40 buys?
"Actual group buys" are not allowed in the for sale forum. It would be allowed in the Sponsored Sales & Group Buy Forum when the seller becomes a vendor. Until then, this is the only place for this discussion.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:52 PM
05 TL

Originally Posted by Ron A
"Actual group buys" are not allowed in the for sale forum. It would be allowed in the Sponsored Sales & Group Buy Forum when the seller becomes a vendor. Until then, this is the only place for this discussion.
Thats what I ment.... If this were a group buy then I would be in for a pair.

I think that the responses that you have seen mean that this forum would be a good place to market your products.

I support the vendors on this website because they support the website...

Please work it out with the Mods to become an Official Vendor.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by Kracker
Thats what I ment.... If this were a group buy then I would be in for a pair.

I think that the responses that you have seen mean that this forum would be a good place to market your products.

I support the vendors on this website because they support the website...

Please work it out with the Mods to become an Official Vendor.
Ron is the Mod............

Ron yeah I meant Sponsored Sales & Group Buy Forum. I was generic when I said sales forum, since its split into 2 Sponsored and independent.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Intermediate

In the Works

Thanks for your patience, everyone! I am in the process of becoming a registered vendor (my first!) and working it out w/ the factory. The price will be $56/pair (shipping included) for forum members...$10 off the retail price as promised.

Gimme a few days to get back to you and then I think it will be a full speed ahead operation as soon as we confirm that the 2006 mirrors are the same as the 04-05s.

Have a safe weekend, everyone!!

Kenney
Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro

Excellent, I was starting to give up on this. I'm in.

Dave
Old 08-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

Couple More Days

OK...almost there. Get your tracings ready (if you have a 2006) and I will get the $ to the mod ASAP...he hasn't sent me a PayPal link yet. As soon as he does and I'm all officially registered, we'll run with it...the factory is ready! Thanks!! Kenney
Old 08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Intermediate

Group Buy

Cool...it's all set. If you would like to participate in the group buy for a pair of Multivex Mirrors, please send a tracing of your mirrors (if you have a 2006 TL) and a check for $56 (to Kenmark, the intermet marketing arm of Multivex) to;

Kenney Pierce/ Kenmark
955 Opal St
San Diego CA 92109

I will wait until I have most/all of the checks and tracings (maybe 3-4 days) before sending the whole package to Detroit in one big envelope, so please send them out at your earliest possible convenience so that I can the ball rolling and get your mirrors back to you ASAP.

They (Detroit) will be ready for the order before it ever gets there because I will e- mail them ahead of time to let them know how many pairs of mirrors will be going out in this group buy so that the mirrors will be all cut, boxed and ready to go when the check and mailing list gets there.

So, I look forward to starting to receive your orders by mid-week (from the San Diego crew ) and by the end of the week for everyone else. I will be bold and say that the mirrors will go out w/in 48 hours after that. If anyone has any questions, give me a call at any time.

Thanks again, everyone...I will keep you posted semi-daily until you get the mirrors in your hands. Can't wait for the reaction!!

Until then, stay safe!!

Kenney Pierce
858-273-4562
Old 08-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Intermediate

My check and 2006 patterns will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks!!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:49 AM
TL Loverrrrrrr

Kenney, do you accept paypal because i would rather do paypal instead of sending a check and it will be faster too.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Pro

me 2, checks a pain.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Paypal

I didn't think of that! I just went to PayPal to figure out the best way to do it and it looks like the best way is for those who want to pay via PayPal to send me their e-mail address by posting it or just e-mail me at...

lifeboy1@sbcglobal.net

... then I'll have a PayPal button on my "reply" e-mail. You just click it and pay and verify the SHIP TO address is the place you want your mirrors sent.

So I'll just wait for the first e-mail and see what happens...thanks!!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Pro

Paypay is a much better way of paying. Payment sent.

Dave

Quick Reply: MultiVex Mirrors...