AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Hi everyone just wanted some new owner tips (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/hi-everyone-just-wanted-some-new-owner-tips-978372/)

ChocoboRacerQC 03-30-2019 03:03 AM

Hi everyone just wanted some new owner tips

I currently drive an 04 tl base model 5s automatic and having restored some features her previous owner neglected i was hoping for few tips or what tipe of handling to expect, front suspension was redone with air intake, radiator as well as 2 front engine mount replaced oil change and other including parts to reservice accompanying what I re did to her, she has 189k km on Odom and honda service tech says transmission A1 after trying car, also brakes redone too, i Beleive in only needing a soon service of timing belt and re alignment and i think I've done all she needs, so what should I expect from here out?

Ron A 03-30-2019 09:15 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved from the New Member Introductions forum to the model specific forum.

Jackass 03-31-2019 12:30 PM

1.) Wow...that is one heck of a long sentence.
2.) Not exactly sure what all was said here. What does the front suspension have to do with the air intake?
3.) The transmission is throwing a code? Or it is ok?
4.) Two front engine mounts? I thought we only had 3 engine mounts total...front, back, and side?

There really is only a couple of somewhat common "issues" for these cars:
1.) Dash cracks...nothing you can do. When its time, its time. Some people have cracked at 5 years, others at 10+ with no cracks yet. Mine held out for 12'ish years.
2.) Auto transmissions - just keep up on fluid and replace the pressure switches
3.) LCA bushings - just inspect and replace if torn
4.) HFL module fails and drains battery

I think those are the more common issues.

PhilB81 03-31-2019 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jackass (Post 16405486)
1.) Wow...that is one heck of a long sentence.
2.) Not exactly sure what all was said here. What does the front suspension have to do with the air intake?
3.) The transmission is throwing a code? Or it is ok?
4.) Two front engine mounts? I thought we only had 3 engine mounts total...front, back, and side?

There really is only a couple of somewhat common "issues" for these cars:
1.) Dash cracks...nothing you can do. When its time, its time. Some people have cracked at 5 years, others at 10+ with no cracks yet. Mine held out for 12'ish years.
2.) Auto transmissions - just keep up on fluid and replace the pressure switches
3.) LCA bushings - just inspect and replace if torn
4.) HFL module fails and drains battery

I think those are the more common issues.

^^^ what he said, only other thing I had to do on mine was to replace the driveshafts because of vibration under throttle.

also, my drive by wire pedal position was starting to go, so I replaced it, but I don't think that's a common issue. I just felt that occasionally pressing the pedal just a little did nothing or too much, which made smooth starts with the manual tricky.

LoveMyTL-S 04-02-2019 09:57 AM

If your battery is draining (after sitting a few days), it's either the HFL module fails and drains battery or A/C relay ($6.00 part). I unhooked the HFL and replaced the relay. A/C fans blows harder now.
Congrats on the new to you TL and welcome to AZ!! :thumbsup: