Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Client Satisfaction Survey?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:58 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Client Satisfaction Survey?

I finally bought my silver 06 TL 6MT/Navi about a month ago, and today I got a survey in the mail. About two weeks after I drove off the lot I got an email from the dealer asking me to give 10's and if I had any problems, that they'd do their best to make things right. Well, there were a few things that would stop me from giving the dealership/buying experience perfect 10's.

Do you guys think it's even worth calling the dealership and complaining about a few little things? I mean, how are customers usually compensated?

I let a lot of things slide at first, but after thinking about how much money I'm paying for this car, I've realized that the service probably should have been a little better.

First, when I was still in the test driving stage, the first dealer treated me like an idiot and like I couldn't afford a TL. He told me that we couldn't test drive a 6MT because they were getting ready to close (in 45 minutes), and that the keys were locked up. I actually test drove an '04 A/T when I wanted to buy an '06 M/T . I decided to go home, do some research, and think things through. By the way, this site really helped me get a great deal. The next week I talked to the internet sales rep, and he was actually pretty good, and the sale went pretty smooth. However, someone dropped the ball and forgot to order my aero kit. When I signed the papers I was told that it took a week for the kit to arrive, so I waited about 9 days, and decided to give them a call to see what was up. The guy on the phone said he'd look into it and that he would get back to me. Later on that day I got a message on my machine saying that my kit would be in in about a week, and that I would get a call when it arrived. I waited another 9 days, and I decided to give them another call. My kit had arrived a few days before, and nobody bothered to call me. Even the guy on the phone said "I'm surprised nobody called you.". I replied to the customer satisfaction email, but I kept getting an "invalid address" error...

If I gave the dealership a call and told them about my situation, would I get a free keychain or something? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL...GOOD LUCK on getting a keychain.

Usually once your sign the paper...they dont gave a shit about you.

Funny you mention the satisfaction survey, I never ever gotten one from my dealer/Acura regarding my purchase experience. I guess it becuase they knew i was pissed off, after giving me a TL with a door a shade lighter then the rest. After complaining person after person up to the GM. Finally they going to repalce my TL, said it will take a week and it took 3 and no one cared to give me an update.

I was looking forward on that survey too...after the shit i went through.

But I did get a online survey for my first service...it was a link you click on the email to get to the survey....might be differnt since my was for service. Someone also called on how my experience was for my service...dunno why...strange
Old 09-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just want to give you guy's some inside information. When your at the acura dealer and asked to give a service advisor or salesman etc. 10's on the survey it's because they collect more money based on the number of 10's they get from those surveys. I've seen service advisors at my dealership litterly pull customers names from the system simply because the customer did not give a 10 on the survey. The customer never gets called again. I've also witnessed service advisors Pull names just because a customer expressed a little dissatisfaction with the service. I would personally stay on that GM for more than a key chain. Try for something you want for your car that isnt too expensive,If they say no tell them you want the name and number of the area Acura reprsentetive and that you intend to speak to them and that should get you somewhere. You spend $35 grand on a car you should be getting better service than that. Good Luck to you. Dave
Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Racer

i just got that same survey yesterday too. im going to throw it out since my dealer is full of retards and jerks.

having a bachelors in business, i know what companies do with those surveys and im not going to do anything to help out a company that wouldnt go out of the way to make sure i had a pleasant car buying experience.

sounds like you had a worst experience than me. i would just trash it to piss them off.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:27 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the replies, guys. I may still call the dealership and blackmail them with the survey, but what kinds of things do you guys think I should ask for? I mean, what should I expect to get out of this? I just wanna know if it's even worth the time and effort. The salesman I bought the car from was really adamant about me giving him a good score on the survey, so it's gotta be worth something. He was a good salesman, I think... or maybe I was just too excited about my new car to care.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear

wow...I got a box of cookies with the survey to fill out, eh.. Just got my car 2 weeks ago and I almost at 600 miles...can't wait to hit 4k.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
When I got the survey, I did fill out all tens as I got excellent service in ordering and purchasing my car......but wrote on the survey that while the dealership indeed deserved all tens, I felt insulted that I had to be asked to fill out "all tens". I haven't gotten a survey since.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
I just got my car about a month ago and a couple days ago I got the survey. I'm still debating whether to bother with it or no...The sales man was annoying regarding his survey on getting the 10's. Oh the dealer name was Rallye Acura of Roslyn NY.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:40 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
My dealer did pretty well. I was a little pissed that the car took 3 hours to get ready instead of the 30 minutes I was told, so they got dinged on that.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:55 PM
2nd Gear

Cool

I gave my dealer (Sussman in Philly) all 10's because they deserved it. They told me when I picked up the car that I'd be getting a survey, and if there was anything that was not a positive, they'd like a chance to address it then. In their case, they got everything right.

If you think about this entire process, it's an attempt by Honda Motor Company's luxury marque to gain and keep a reputation for sterling customer service. The purpose of a survey should be to create useful information that can be used by the dealership to improve any lagging areas....however, like most incentive systems, you get the results where you put the incentive. If you game the system by asking for high results when none are indicated, then the whole purpose of the system is lost. Honda shouldn't tie a holdback to an individual survey, but rather should incent dealerships for movement (improvement) in service survey results over a longer period of time (quarter or year).

Flawed as it is, it's still better than the old way when you were lucky to get any attention at all.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by khungus
Thanks for the replies, guys. I may still call the dealership and blackmail them with the survey, but what kinds of things do you guys think I should ask for? I mean, what should I expect to get out of this? I just wanna know if it's even worth the time and effort. The salesman I bought the car from was really adamant about me giving him a good score on the survey, so it's gotta be worth something. He was a good salesman, I think... or maybe I was just too excited about my new car to care.
The reason they want all 10's is because they make an extra $100 in the pocket if it's a perfect score. I don't know if they get anything for less. I stole my TL from the dealer so my salesguy told me that's how it works. He did a good job and gave me what I wanted (not what they wanted to give me) so I did it for him.

I don't know many people that have good dealer experiences, regardless of the manuf. If you get a good one, let people know!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Intermediate

I received my survey today and gave them all 10's. If you think you're entitled to something, ask for a detail, maybe no labor for an accessory install.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:43 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depending on the dealership you could put your salesperson into deep sh** if you kill them on the survey.

Someone blackmailing me for a good survey doesn't go over well. There are ways to counter that and you get nothing.

If the dealership did you wrong then you need to square it with them or call Acura Client Services.

Originally Posted by khungus
Old 09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CL6
If the dealership did you wrong then you need to square it with them or call Acura Client Services.
Yeah, that's basically what I want to do (I'm not really trying to blackmail anyone), but I figured that the survey would be sort of an incentive for them to actually give a crap about my complaints.

I'm going to give them a call on Monday, because there's one thing I forgot to mention. Either my car was not detailed, or someone did a half assed job. I mean, it was clean but it wasn't shining like a brand new car. I really don't think they waxed it like they promised. Also, on the drive home I noticed that they didn't clean the inside of the windows. The back window had some haze, and the inside of the windshield still had some glue residue from a sticker. Both the sales person and the overall experience were good, but I think they need to work on a couple things in order to deserve a perfect score.

I bought an '06 Civic last October, and that dealership (Manly Honda ) definitely deserved all 10's.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:23 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like the entire dealership let you down. I'd never let a customer leave like that. If you tank them on the survey sounds like that's what they deserved.