3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone help me locate a TL?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Can anyone help me locate a TL?

Ok so here's the deal. The dealer i've been working with in the Pittsburgh,PA area had given me an OK deal on a 2004 Acura TL black/black 6spd navi. But nothing has been put in paper till they nailed one down for me. It's been about two weeks and finally the guy calls me and says he can't locate what I want.

I leave for Texas June 18 for my new job and have been trying to find and buy this car since the beginning of May. I'll travel to anywhere within a 8 hour drive of Pittsburgh.

It's getting down to the wire and I call upon this forum to help me locate this car...Anthracite is just as good too...

Thank you

Ps-I've searched from Pittsburgh to Boston on websites and haven't found one....maybe somebody knows something I don't
Old 05-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Penn state huh,
Well for a feelow lion alum, I'll look for ya. I was born and raised there. Im in Alabama now but Ill see if any of the dealers around here have something maybe they could work something out or hell if you get a good enough deal its only like 300.00 airfair to here. I'll call around tomorrow for ya.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Advanced

WE ARE PENN STATE!

That's great to hear from a fellow alum. I'd could easily pick one up in Alabama if the price is good. I was looking at about 34,500 with the wing spoiler installed. Thanks again!

Funny side note for everyone: I talked to a dealer in the Baltimore area (Norris Acura) and the guy was really trying to help me out. He calls me back and says he has a silver instead of black or anthracite he can sell me. Apparently it's the financial advisors car and he'd be willing to part with it. It has 700 miles and was also used as a demo. How much would you pay? A used car and it was a demo? I said 30k, he says 34.3k....he laughed when I said 30k. COME ON! You know people slammed through the gears on that! He also tried saying the brembo brakes were a performance add on, which I believe come standard for the stick. He won't be hearing back from me.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Advanced

I know this is not within 8 hours of you, but you did mention that you are on your way to Texas. Gillman Acura in Houston shows 2 NBP with manual transmissions. Their website doesn't indicate interior color or whether they have navs or not. But you might give them a call (281)821-1100. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Racer

I was going to say "they must have Acura dealers in Texas" Don't panic and pay too much for one in your area just to get one before you move. It's better to get the right car for the right price - and no overpriced used demo, either! I hate it when dealers pull that c**p - I've had them try that with me too. Trying to tell me that a car with 300+ miles on the clock is new!

Good luck with your search!
Old 05-24-2004, 06:22 AM
Racer

To PSU

As of a week and a half ago - Montgomeryville Acura had a black on black 6 spd with navi on the lot. May want to call them.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Advanced

Yeah, picking one up in Texas is a last resort because I would like to take some belongings with me. I could fly, buy I limit myself to two suitcases and I'll have to have all my junk that would fit in a car shipped down. Like I said, last resort...

Thanks for all the help! Keep it up!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Pro

PSU

Im still looking for myself so I found a couple of black tl's I know one of them is black with camel, Im not sure about a nav. I know your looking for black on black but who knows texas, black interiior. toasted ass :smackhead. I was Quoted 33,000 plus tax for an auto, w/navi. So I know you can do better with the manual since the auto is 1500 more. Im not sure if your interested but Rick Case Acura in Fort Lauderdale Fl. has a used one with 2800 miles on it. You might be able to get that if the price is right for you. I have heard alot of good things about Rick Case on this forum. anyway hope this helps. Oh yea dont worry about the price on ebay call a salesman I hope this helps let me know if I can help out anyother way.

here is the phone number for the dealer Ask for Craig Edmonds. He is pretty laid back no hard sell. (334)271-5551

Black on Black 6sp w/navi
Old 05-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Advanced

Thanks swimmer,
I did my homework and called some more dealers and I found one! And it's nearby so I won't have to go far. It's actually scheduled to be built this week, and will arrive not to long after that. And I got it for $34,500 so I'm happy. Thanks for all the help everyone and I'll keep you posted if this one has any of the problems everyone else experiences. I'm hoping with such a newly built car they will have had the bugs worked out, but whatever I'll fix them myself if need be.

Thanks again
Old 05-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Pro

Im glad you found one. Well you have the factory warranty wich is still no excuses for problems but hey at least you dont have to pay.