Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C problems or is it dealership problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C problems or is it dealership problems

Stick a fork in me I'm done. My car's maint minder went off for the first oil chng tire swap so I figured I would have the dealership fix the sqeeks rattles etc. The most important two things I wanted fixed was the sub enclosure rattle that sounds freekin awfull even at moderate levels and my A/C thats not working. Not only could the no talent ass clowns at the dealership not find anything wrong but the blow holes put 20 miles on it joy riding and laughing in my general direction. On top of that when they washed my car they dripped either wax or maybe it was tree sap from their parking lot on my right front fender, prob is I didnt notice it for 3 or 4 days and now it's backed on like Tammy Faes mascara. I bought Mothers clay bar and rubbed it like a priest on a choir boy but no dice, now it's just a mess of milky white scratched up crap. that will cost me prob $350 to get repainted.

I digress, the reason for this disertation is my A/C, has anyone had problems where it just dosent get cold? The service manager here to known as sphinctor boy said it was 40 degrees at the vent. What vent was that.....certainly not one in my car. I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm preaty sure I have the right buttons pressed. Although if you read the manual page 113 Using the A/C step 2. says to "make sure the temperature is set to the maximum heat". What were the acura engineers smoking when they wrote that little gem. Can I sue them when I keel over behind the wheel from heat stroke because I put the heat on MAX? I live in the Philly burbs and it gets hot up here in the summer. Truth be told I'm not as thin as I was when I was 21 but I'm not grease up the front door fat, anyhow I tend to overheat.

Any tech notes or similar on the A/C system would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the TLC thing is a bunch of crap when I droped my car off for the butt monkeys to NOT fix, the loaner they gave me was a 02 RSX with a big tail pipe, pleeeease I couldnt get a cheek in that clown car. I'll tell you the service industry is not what it once was.

So to that Acura dealer in the burbs of Philly I would like to take this opertunity to give you a big fat wet sloppy up yours! :sqntfawk:
Old 06-07-2004, 08:15 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Talk about pissed off smilie usage.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Racer

My A/C was completely broken at 1600 miles ( No cold air at all ). It turns out that the composer is broken and causes engine clanking sound. Dealer spent more than a week to replace the entire A/C system.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:43 PM
TL Techy

Originally Posted by 04tlnbppar
My A/C was completely broken at 1600 miles ( No cold air at all ). It turns out that the composer is broken and causes engine clanking sound. Dealer spent more than a week to replace the entire A/C system.
Which dealer did you have service at?