Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo '04 on '03 TL-S?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brembo '04 on '03 TL-S?

On edmunds.com is states that the A-Spec package will add Brembo front brakes to the front end of the '04 TL, even on the automatic tranny.

"Cars that get the A-SPEC treatment will be fitted with high-performance springs and shocks that lower the car about an inch, 18-inch wheels with 235/40ZR18 Yokohama tires, an aero body kit, a rear spoiler, a sport steering wheel and special exterior badging. Automatic-equipped TLs also pick up the front Brembo brakes"

Does anyone know if these brembo's will fit on the '03 TL-S so that I can replace my crappy stock rotors and pads with the new Acura Brembo's?

Any info is appreciated.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMM.. A-SPEC
Old 09-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro

Re: Brembo '04 on '03 TL-S?

Originally posted by sc354
On edmunds.com is states that the A-Spec package will add Brembo front brakes to the front end of the '04 TL, even on the automatic tranny.

Does anyone know if these brembo's will fit on the '03 TL-S so that I can replace my crappy stock rotors and pads with the new Acura Brembo's?

Any info is appreciated.
Why not just buy a big brake kit from brembo directly?
Old 09-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Perhaps, but is it worth the cost? You're looking at buying OEM Acura rotors (25mm), Brembo calipers and pads. Why not upgrade to an aftermarket solution, Brembo included, which may save you some money.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Retired MOD

Any info is appreciated.
It should. They are using the same brembo brakes that brembo sells for 99 and up TL's and TL-S. This kit sells for $2k but included the SS brake lines.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well how much would I be looking to pay for simply 2 front Brembo cross drilled rotors, and the pads.

I don't care for the calipers or anything, I can simply paint my calipers in a Red or Blue and make them look like the brembo's...

will i see that much of a difference b/w the brembo calipers and stock calipers???

I still can't believe acura is leaving their crappy stock rotors on the back...don't they get it that the '03 brakes are horrible...fix them already, and fix the f*cking tranny problem....and unfortunately the list could go on about what else they need to fix.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

I still can't believe acura is leaving their crappy stock rotors on the back...don't they get it that the '03 brakes are horrible...fix them already, and fix the f*cking tranny problem....and unfortunately the list could go on about what else they need to fix.
When will people get the point that this is a redesigned TL. It's not a revision. It's not an update. It's a redesign.

The car has Electronic Brake Force Distribution now and some other components. The same rules will not apply to the new TL.

As far as the tranny problem, the car hasn't even hit the street yet. How do you know it has a tranny problem? Don't you think they would redesign/revise the tranny on a redesigned car?

Pay a visit to hondanews.com and read the Technical section on the '04 TL. If you don't like what they've done with the car contact the Acura engineers and voice your complaints.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by VTECMW
When will people get the point that this is a redesigned TL. It's not a revision. It's not an update. It's a redesign.

The car has Electronic Brake Force Distribution now and some other components. The same rules will not apply to the new TL.

As far as the tranny problem, the car hasn't even hit the street yet. How do you know it has a tranny problem? Don't you think they would redesign/revise the tranny on a redesigned car?

Pay a visit to hondanews.com and read the Technical section on the '04 TL. If you don't like what they've done with the car contact the Acura engineers and voice your complaints.
okay but I think you're missing the point. Acura should know that they have a problem with the trannies in the '00-'03, hence all the bad trannies, and by now they should have a fix for it. If they really f*cking cared about their customers, they would have replaced the trannies with something more durable. All they're doing by replacing your tranny over and over is prolonging the inevitable until something else stops the car from function...forever.

The fact is, I think acura has lost a **** load of customers to this tranny problem, cause I know personally, I sure as hell am reconsidering trading mine in for another. Why bother if I'm going to be back at square one?

I see no point in this.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:28 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

okay but I think you're missing the point. Acura should know that they have a problem with the trannies in the '00-'03, hence all the bad trannies, and by now they should have a fix for it. If they really f*cking cared about their customers, they would have replaced the trannies with something more durable. All they're doing by replacing your tranny over and over is prolonging the inevitable until something else stops the car from function...forever.

The fact is, I think acura has lost a **** load of customers to this tranny problem, cause I know personally, I sure as hell am reconsidering trading mine in for another. Why bother if I'm going to be back at square one?

I see no point in this.
Well, this is a second gen issue. It remains to be seen what will happen with third gen. As it stands, I think it's reasonable to expect that some revisions, enhancements, reengineering, have been made to the '04. I'm sure we'll all find out in due time.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Race Director

Well how much would I be looking to pay for simply 2 front Brembo cross drilled rotors, and the pads.

I don't care for the calipers or anything, I can simply paint my calipers in a Red or Blue and make them look like the brembo's...

will i see that much of a difference b/w the brembo calipers and stock calipers???

The new tranny is new for sure, considering it takes a lot of work to get LSD and all new features..

As Ken Said:

Yes, its totally different. How do I know? Because it involves drive-by-wire, requiring it to be totally redesigned, with new programming and it has all 5 gears available. The 6 speed manual is an improvement on the CL type S and Accord 6 speed.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Race Director

I see no point in this.
Acura lost customer but never had too much loss in sales, and with this whole new car, I dont think Acura Got Hurt Much.. They will make more money than ever, specially with all these new accessories and diff rims and suspension and different types of body kits and a-spec and lip spoiler...

Dealers sometimes make more money on Accessories than the whole car