Radio Tagging

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Radio Tagging

Has anyone tried the tagging feature on the radio. I have been tagging songs to my iPod nano and it shows that it has save the data on the display but when I go to the computer to get the tagged song to purchase it, the song is not listed. Have any of you also had this problem or is your working?
The following users liked this post:
victorber (12-01-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Someone for Acure CS will be calling me to talk to me about the Tagging procedure. I will post it here once I know it works. The TAG button is visible during FM play but not on XM.
The following 2 users liked this post by miner:
George Knighton (12-02-2014), woropallo (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Thanks very much. Although I don't think many of us would use that feature, those of us who want it...REALLY want it.

:-)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by miner
Someone for Acure CS will be calling me to talk to me about the Tagging procedure. I will post it here once I know it works. The TAG button is visible during FM play but not on XM.
Acura CS just called back and left me a VM. It stated to hold the XM button for two seconds and then a tag will record 10 secs of the audio. The only XM button there is on the audio selection screen. I'll try this on my way home today.
woropallo (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Racer

Acura CS just called back and left me a VM. It stated to hold the XM button for two seconds and then a tag will record 10 secs of the audio. The only XM button there is on the audio selection screen. I'll try this on my way home today.
I don't use XM but use the radio FM in the morning on my way to work and when I hear a HD song I tagged it so it will save it to my iPod. In the afternoon and on the weekends I usually listen to my iPod. So I like the tagged feature to collect song I hear so I can buy and download them from iTunes on my computer. After I press the tagged button, the display says it was saved but when I plug my iPod into my computer it does not show up in the tagged folder so I can download and buy it. Any thoughts, does it work for someone else?
Old 12-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Grandpa

I don't suppose for some dumb reason it went to the HDD, did it?
Old 12-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I don't suppose for some dumb reason it went to the HDD, did it?
Good question, any idea of how to check it?
Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Grandpa

You're going to make me go outside and try to tag something, aren't you.

I'll be right back.

I'll try to tag an XM noise and see if it goes to HDD.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Grandpa

Definitely doesn't go to HDD.

Like you, I couldn't find it searching the iPod in the car. Brought the iPod indoors and looking for it now.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Grandpa

Danged if I can find it anywhere. The car said it was saved to "the device" but if it's not on the iPod or the HDD, I wonder what device it's talking about.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Racer

Danged if I can find it anywhere. The car said it was saved to "the device" but if it's not on the iPod or the HDD, I wonder what device it's talking about.
Well it good to see it a common problem. I guess I will be calling Acura CS tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Grandpa

TLX manual's no help, either. It says how to tag and says that the tag goes to your iPod, but doesn't say how to locate it on the iPod.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Grandpa

The last thing I did before I went to bed last night, I looked up in the Fat Manual on page 243 that the reason it says that it saves to "The Device" is because it is saved to the audio system, but not the HDD part of the audio system.

We could not find the tag on our iPods because we need to go to Menu/Tag Song and select the tag we want to save to the iPod or USB stick.

I don't know (1)why they think we'd save a tag to the audio system if we didn't want it and (2)where they think we'd want to save it other than to the iPod that's obviously connected.

I suppose it's a rarely enough implemented feature that nobody got into the minds of people likely to use the feature.
woropallo (12-03-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Racer

The last thing I did before I went to bed last night, I looked up in the Fat Manual on page 243 that the reason it says that it saves to "The Device" is because it is saved to the audio system, but not the HDD part of the audio system.

We could not find the tag on our iPods because we need to go to Menu/Tag Song and select the tag we want to save to the iPod or USB stick.

I don't know (1)why they think we'd save a tag to the audio system if we didn't want it and (2)where they think we'd want to save it other than to the iPod that's obviously connected.

I suppose it's a rarely enough implemented feature that nobody got into the minds of people likely to use the feature.
I think you are correct based on the number of people that responded to this post, not many folks apprearently use this feature. But I do and like it, collecting songs from my youth in the 50s,60s and70s.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Racer

Some time you just have to read the book or use the on-line help. I found out how it works and it not the cars problem, it the user. The new iTunes tagged works different than what I was use to doing before, below is what you need to do to get your tagged songs into iTunes so you can purchase them.

Preview and purchase tagged songs

Click the Music button Button that looks like a musical note near the top left of the iTunes window, and click Playlists.

To see a list of your tagged songs, select the Tagged playlist.

To hear a 30-second preview of a song before purchasing it, double-click the song’s title or click the Preview button Play icon inside a circle for the song.

Click Buy to purchase the song.

If no Buy button appears, click View. The song’s album page opens in the iTunes Store.
George Knighton (12-04-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Safety Car

[QUOTE=miner;15254620]Acura CS just called back and left me a VM. It stated to hold the XM button for two seconds and then a tag will record 10 secs of the audio. The only XM button there is on the audio selection screen. I'll try this on my way home today.[/QUOTE

Acura CS got back to me about the tagging feature on XM - eve though they stated in ads that it could be done, they finally admit it can't. No fix for it they are planning on doing - so in essence, do not expect it to work, ever. The tag statement will be removed from advertising. Nice job once again Acura with ad campaign.
neuronbob (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
That statement bodes poorly for our wishes for a software upgrade for our RLXs' buggy UI. Not cool.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=miner;15271113]
Acura CS just called back and left me a VM. It stated to hold the XM button for two seconds and then a tag will record 10 secs of the audio. The only XM button there is on the audio selection screen. I'll try this on my way home today.[/QUOTE

Acura CS got back to me about the tagging feature on XM - eve though they stated in ads that it could be done, they finally admit it can't. No fix for it they are planning on doing - so in essence, do not expect it to work, ever. The tag statement will be removed from advertising. Nice job once again Acura with ad campaign.
I was talking to the tagging of music from FM radio. It has to be an HD channel and it works fine. Not sure about XM since I don't listen to it.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Grandpa

[QUOTE=woropallo;15271798]

I was talking to the tagging of music from FM radio. It has to be an HD channel and it works fine. Not sure about XM since I don't listen to it.
I listen to XM all of the time. For me it's a viable choice, although I can understand why people mightn't want to subscribe to it.

Somebody told me, I think it might've been you, that HD Radio sounded better than anything else you'd heard. Since hearing that, I've been finding and listening to HD Radio and it is indeed very, very high quality.

I'm still going to be preferring XM and iPod, however, because I travel too quickly beyond the range of any particular radio station, and I also get tired of commercials all of the time, together with stupid comments from the human personnel who cannot resist getting into local sports or local politics, or national politics, and it's just hard for me to deal with that degree of stupidity.

I don't mind people having opinions, but I believe that on air talent should avoid the propagation of uninformed opinions as if they're dealing with the truth.

Both FOX and MSNBC drive me up the wall, of course. :-) It's tough to be a centrist in 2015.

I also have a decently configured Pandora station that can play me an hour long session of music that I enjoy listening to, and now that somebody here showed me where the higher bandwidth switch for Pandora is, it also sounds pretty good.

Still haven't done what needs to be done with Aha to learn it, but I wonder why Acura hooked us up with it so at some point I'll try to find out how to configure the stations well. By default, although it's decent quality for 4G data streaming, I don't see how it offers anything over XM, iPod, HD Radio.

iPod and HD Radio exceed its quality, and all of the venue exceed its content.

At least that's the way it looks right now, and if anybody knows better, I await the education!

:-)

There's gotta be a reason it's there, and we'll find it one day.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by neuronbob
That statement bodes poorly for our wishes for a software upgrade for our RLXs' buggy UI. Not cool.
If we consolidated our ideas about what it is that we want to change, and then we sent separate emails to ACR with basically the same information, there might be a chance to get some improvements.

The TLX's capability of moving the Audio Source icons around so that your best choices are on the first screen? I'm a little jealous of that capability. :-)

I can already see that they would reply that you can use the Source button and the scrolling wheel to get where you want very quickly, though.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:34 AM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
iPod and HD Radio exceed its quality, and all of the venue exceed its content.
With the ability to select artist/album/etc. from the screen, a fully-loaded iPod (old iPhone, actually) seems the best choice for me, although I do enjoy XM 40s, 50s & 60s. But the iPod quality (ripped at higher bit rates) together with the Krell system is pretty amazing. I do agree with George about the mind-numbing ignorance of most public discourse these days.