I can't win!!! I almost wiped out the car today!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
That hindsight bias/ monday morning quarterback working out well for you?

Sometimes sh!t just happens and despite how much you can prep and practice for it, it does not go your way. I think OP got out just fine and doubt he was 'tailgating'. But glad to see you're such a law abiding citizen

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL!
I was not tailgating by any means, although in the New York Metro at any speed if there is a car length of space between you and the car in front, some A-Hole will force himself in. It is almost certainly a male doing it because the testosterone must be overflowing in this area. The arrogance and pompousness of the average male here shows up in road rage and extremely aggressive driving. You have to drive as if you are capable of anything just to keep the animals in their respective lanes. I want a train horn installed.

Thinking back to just before the incident, there was no warning that the truck was going to have a massive mechanical breakdown that would spill the volume of slippery fluids it did on the roadway. The cars in front of me were not driving agressively as we were all getting off the highway at the same time. I had fractions of a second to realize what just happened in front of me, evaluate what might happen next, and then adapt to what the two cars were doing immediately in front of me while taking evasive maneuvers to avoid them and the truck as well as try to limit or eliminate any damage to my car. I do have decades of driving experience and have spent some time in my prior years on race tracks like George K, so that had to help. But the Blackbird's safety features had to be very helpful in this situation, especially the torque vectoring of the AWD which definitely made the car more controllable in the spin and slide.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
I am very frustrated that these things have happened. I will be on vacation many times this summer so there will be long periods where I will not be driving at all so I guess that is a good thing. I have been to both Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun and they do nothing for me. I am not a gambler by nature and that scene is not for me.
I'm with you in terms of not being a gambler. I've been to Las Vegas twice for work conventions and spent a total of $20 at the tables/slots. I was just thinking your luck may be in for a change and you mentioned you were going to be ion vacation a lot this summer.
That aside I wouldn't let these things keep you out of the driver's seat. Sometimes things just happen. This is a thread of an odd mishap that happened to a friend of ours - https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...ll-rls-930163/
Old 07-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
the Blackbird's safety features had to be very helpful in this situation, especially the torque vectoring of the AWD which definitely made the car more controllable in the spin and slide.
15 Fascinating Facts About The SR-71 Blackbird, The Fastest Plane On Earth | HistoryInOrbit.com
The following users liked this post:
RLX-Sport Hybrid (07-03-2015)
Old 07-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Should have upgraded the tires. Maybe some old lady crashed into the truck after a bunch of bats flew in her path.