American Honda Survey

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
American Honda Survey

Received this short survey today via email . . . . . . it asked how long I have had my car, how many miles I drove a day, if I knew the car had a sport mode, and the % of time I drove in this mode, and also if I knew the vehicle had a reactive force accelerator pedal which could be adjusted, and did I have my mine set for low or high?

Wonder what AH (Acura Division) is up to?

Last edited by moose66; 09-12-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 PM
mk5
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts
Got one too. Haven’t read it yet.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Same survey here. :-)

Wonder what they're up to.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:24 PM
▒JDM ¥ KING▒

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
Let's keep it simple. Tell them the Sport button is on all the time.
The following users liked this post:
Limelight (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 06:20 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by MuGen7Modulo
Let's keep it simple. Tell them the Sport button is on all the time.
LOL...

I don't suspect us handful of Canadian owners will be asked, but if I was, my feedback would be as follows:

(1) There should be a few different modes like ECO, a toned-down version of the current Sport mode which is less aggressive and could be used all the time, and Sport + which is an angrier version of the current Sport mode

(2) There should be a setting which allows you to select your mode and keep it that way vs. it always reverting back to ECO at start up

(3) The Sport mode selector button should be on the steering wheel vs. hidden down on the console. When passing and instant response is required, it takes your eyes off the road to find the button in its current location.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:35 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by Limelight
(1) There should be a few different modes like ECO, a toned-down version of the current Sport mode which is less aggressive and could be used all the time, and Sport + which is an angrier version of the current Sport mode
I think that's probably the idea, if a significant enough percentage of people reply that they use Sport Mode ⅓ of the time, or something like that.

I only use it when I'm passing on a country road, or something like that where I know I don't want to wait for ICE to come on and shift profiles when I floor it. :-)

(3) The Sport mode selector button should be on the steering wheel vs. hidden down on the console. When passing and instant response is required, it takes your eyes off the road to find the button in its current location.
How long have you had your car? I'm asking because it didn't take me very long to learn how to put my hand down, feel the Braille bumps and know that I'm pushing the right button.

I always miss Brake Hold and have to look, but Sport Mode I've got down pat.

Have you seen that huge honkin' mode wheel on the RDX? 0_0
Old 09-14-2018, 09:43 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by George Knighton
How long have you had your car? I'm asking because it didn't take me very long to learn how to put my hand down, feel the Braille bumps and know that I'm pushing the right button.

I always miss Brake Hold and have to look, but Sport Mode I've got down pat.
I've had my car for a year and a half (so not as long as you) but I'm still not comfortable taking one hand off the wheel, while focusing on the prevailing road conditions, to feel blindly for the Sport button - acknowledging that it does have the Braille buttons.

To me that's not enough, especially since I'm doing this at a time requiring more of my attention such as quickly passing a slow vehicle on a busy two lane road (it's easy to find and press the console button while patiently waiting at a street light for example). Invariably, I will always look down to ensure I'm pressing the right button. I just think the button should be on the steering wheel like the M button in an M5 for example. Just my two cents!

Last edited by Limelight; 09-14-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
That's an easy answer. Sport Button all the time.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:01 AM
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts
Sport button on all the time except driving to and from work, 9 Miles each way, past two schools. Would love to have the button on the steering wheel, somehow integrated w the shifter paddles.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:20 AM
Grandpa

Is anybody else getting mail from dealers offering a new KC2 at favourable terms?