2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
I spoke with the salesman who sold me my 2 TL's and he says the resale value on the RLX is pathetic. The MDX is posting the best value followed by the TL so what ever they do it needs to make a big impression on the car buyers.
The following users liked this post:
holografique (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by anakin44011
That's why I need silver. Black is stunning when it is clean. But living in northeast Ohio makes that next to impossible 6+ months out of the year.
I am living that. I wanted silver but once the black one finally showed up....I jumped. Now I'm having to jump through hoops to keep it clean. After a fresh layer of Zaino over the weekend....two days of rain already. UGH.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
My take is that the main marketing fiasco was in a major part caused by a supply issue. What caused the supply issue, i haven't a clue but I think the reason they didn't do much to show the car to the press was that they didn't have any to sell.....except for the initial 250 cars that a few of us beta testers have.

This caused a downward spiral -- no marketing because too few cars to sell -- slow sales since few knew or could find one to test drive etc.
Don't also forget the damage done by the poor reception and "birthing" issues with the 2014 PAWS. The added performance (and features) of the SH-AWD version IMO isn't enough to erase the negative impact the PAWS version had on the market as a whole. Tied together with too high of an MSRP, it was already off to a bad start. I would also argue that the benefits of the Hybrid version certainly wasn't enough to convince the general public (who are NOT car aficionados like us to understand the underlying benefits and charm of the Hybird version) that the "demons" of the 2014 model were suddenly "solved" if you buy "this version that cost $10k more!".

So from the way I look at it, I think Acura made a conscious decision NOT to mass produce the initial Hybrid because A) the PAWS was already creating a bad image and that has to be fixed first and B) the delays and issues with the Hybrid system (which were apparent after the NSX fire that occurred on the Nuremburg track) further hampered their entire release schedule and marketing plans.

But who am I to say what really happened. I'm just a conjecturing fool with a 2014 PAWS Advanced

Last edited by holografique; 05-05-2015 at 05:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by holografique:
neuronbob (05-05-2015), pgeorg (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
Resale rates are greatly variable. If an early adopter pays full MSRP and then trades it in 2- 3 years later for the going "wholesale rate", they are going to take a big hit and complain about the resale value. If a wise consumer waits 6 - 12 months for the discounts to show up and pays 10-20% less than MSRP for the same vehicle, drives the car for 10 years and then sells it in a private sale for the car's retail value, they will be amazed at just how little the car cost.

Secondly, the depreciation of the Sport Hybrid RLX will likely be less than the PAWS version due to its rarity, its performance and its fuel economy.

So, my advice is to go get a great deal on a Sport Hybrid, enjoy it for 10 years, then sell it privately to a used car buyer looking for luxury, performance AND fuel economy. You'll be shocked at how little it will cost to drive an amazing car.

Edit: In response to compewterbleu.

Last edited by hondamore; 05-05-2015 at 05:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by hondamore:
JM2010 SH-AWD (05-05-2015), pgeorg (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
Don't also forget the damage done by the poor reception and "birthing" issues with the 2014 PAWS. The added performance (and features) of the SH-AWD version IMO isn't enough to erase the negative impact the PAWS version had on the market as a whole. Tied together with too high of an MSRP, it was already off to a bad start. I would also argue that the benefits of the Hybrid version certainly wasn't enough to convince the general public (who are NOT car aficionados like us to understand the underlying benefits and charm of the Hybird version) that the "demons" of the 2014 model were suddenly "solved" if you buy "this version that cost $10k more!".

So from the way I look at it, I think Acura made a conscious decision NOT to mass produce the initial Hybrid because A) the PAWS was already creating a bad image and that has to be fixed first and B) the delays and issues with the Hybrid system (which were apparent after the NSX fire that occurred on the Nuremburg track) further hampered their entire release schedule and marketing plans.

But who am I to say what really happened. I'm just a conjecturing fool with a 2014 PAWS Advanced
Everything you said. Plus the fact that the SH-AWD TL to the average consumer would seem like the better buy. And cheaper.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
Ok, OK, OK...I get it!
Now, I would like to hear(read) an assessment/comparison from RLXh owners who have also been RL owners or, if already posted, please direct me to that discussion?
The RL has exceeded my expectations and it's difficult to believe the RLXh can be significantly superior, except for MPG, which I lust for.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by stagefoursurvivor
Ok, OK, OK...I get it!
Now, I would like to hear(read) an assessment/comparison from RLXh owners who have also been RL owners or, if already posted, please direct me to that discussion?
The RL has exceeded my expectations and it's difficult to believe the RLXh can be significantly superior, except for MPG, which I lust for.
The RLX-SH is that superior in every way!!!! For heavens sake I am potentially going to buy a second one on Thursday! Just drive it and you will know what we are all raving about. Fair warning, you better bring your check book.
stagefoursurvivor (05-06-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
Ok, OK, OK...I get it!
I loved my '06 RL (which replaced cars going back to my '88 Legend) and drove it for nine years until I could replace it with the RLX SH-AWD. The RL was the best-driving car I have owned (until now) because if its then-amazing SH-AWD. If you loved your RL, you will love the RLX SH-AWD even more. (Aside: The only way in which this car is not the better of the 2nd gen RL is the nav system user interface; it is trying to do more but has a slower and worse UI.) Aside from that, your RL-love will be requited multiple times over with an RLX SH-AWD. It drives better, faster, quieter, and more comfortable, yet handles like a sports car. If the RL exceeeded your expectations, the RLX SH-AWD will double down on them. Period.
The following 3 users liked this post by fsmith:
hondamore (05-05-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-05-2015), stagefoursurvivor (05-06-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok, OK, OK...I get it!
The Sport Hybrid is better than the RL because:
- It is quieter (hard to believe because the RL is a quiet car, but, compared to the Sport Hybrid RLX, it is not even close)
- It is MUCH faster...Sport mode is stupid fast
- It handles significantly better than the sweet handling RL
- I haven't driven the Sport Hybrid in the snow, but, by all reports it appears to be better than the RL due to off-throttle torque vectoring and superior electronic traction aids.
- The mileage of the Sport Hybrid in the city is better (significantly better) than the RL on the highway
- The Krell audio has incredible clarity...better than the wonderful system in the RL
- The roominess of the interior of the RLX is noticeable in relation to the RL most notably in the rear seats but also in front
- The RLX seats are more comfortable than any car seats I've sat in including the RL (I really like the adjustable height to the lumbar support and the memory foam feel to the padding (I don't know if it is memory foam or not))
- The technology in the RLX (especially the ACC) takes the RLX to the next level over the RL.

To sum up...I loved driving an RL for 10 years and I can state unequivocally that the RLX Sport Hybrid is an order of magnitude better (as it should be since it is 10 years newer and 10 years more advanced).

Last edited by hondamore; 05-05-2015 at 09:10 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by hondamore:
fsmith (05-06-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-05-2015), stagefoursurvivor (05-06-2015)
Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 AM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
Ok, OK, OK...I get it!
I seem to have a similar story as the others here who have recently posted in answer to your question. I had my '05 RL for 10 years and felt as good about it when I traded it in as I did the day I bought it.

While I totally agree with the advantages of the Sport Hybrid -- newer technology, more power which is more responsive because the electric motors are instant power and better handling because of the advanced torque vectoring, I do need to add one caveat. The RLX is simply a bigger car than the RL. This of course yields a larger interior, particularly in the rear seats. At the same time, even though the handling is superior to the RL, it is a larger, heavier car and you will not mistake it for a sports car. It isn't one. It is a large, quiet, smooth sedan which is exceedingly powerful. I will say the hybrid system found in the RLXh would be even better in I a smaller, more maneuverable car. If I was willing to burn money I would be first in line for the NSX. That car will be insane.

In summation, let me say I do like the RLXh better than the RL but It is a bigger car. Not really the same feel as the RL.

Hope this answers your question. My advice is go drive one.....a 2014 if you can find one or wait till the summer when the 2016s come out. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when your have had the opportunity to compare them yourself.
The following 3 users liked this post by Malibu Flyer:
fsmith (05-06-2015), hondamore (05-06-2015), stagefoursurvivor (05-06-2015)
Old 05-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Ok, OK, OK...I get it!
Now, I would like to hear(read) an assessment/comparison from [Sport Hybrid] owners who have also been RL owners or, if already posted, please direct me to that discussion?

The RL has exceeded my expectations and it's difficult to believe the [Sport Hybrid] can be significantly superior, except for MPG, which I lust for.
I have not owned an RL SH-AWD; however, I have driven several of them enthusiastically, including a right hand drive Legend converted to six speed manual by a well known Honda aftermarket manufacturer.

In its day, the SH-AWD Legend/4G RL was just an incredible leap forward. The looks on the faces of people as they realized that SH-AWD really worked to make the car neutral and faster, well, it was amusing to say the least.

But the 4G Legend is very old technology and very old design. You're basically talking about systems that were designed about fifteen years ago and implemented for manufacture a dozen years ago, and not changed very much since.

You said, except for MPG. But think about that for a moment. That's a really big deal having a 5G Legend that can get through the US cycles at 30.0 MPG.

The 5G Legend is a bigger car with much nicer room in the back, and without sacrificing the quality of leather, and with increasing the kinds of accommodations offered to all 4 passengers.

And with an audio system and HVAC system that is two generations ahead of what was in the 4G Legend. Hell, just the cooled seats goes a long way to making it possible to drive extended distances without getting tired.

Comparing the 5 and 6 speed automatics in the 4G Legend to the 7 speed DCT in the 5G Legend further illustrates the huge improvements that have been made over the years. In Sport Mode, the shifts of the 7 DCT are quick and unfailingly the right gear for the event. The 47 HP front electric motor pre-selects the gears both up and down, gives you double and triple downshifts when it's required, automatically, and it further acts to keep the car moving consistently and smoothly between shifts so that you don't get the jerky, too-connected feel that you get with the Porsche PDK and similar systems.

A direct comparison of lap times is probably not possible, except anecdotally, because there's no way that I'm aware of to get a like for like comparison. Ichishima's car had Toyo RA-1 on it, which was excellent in that day but kind of outmoded for an R compound in 2015 AD. So what do you put on your 5G Legend to equal that, a very good R compound that is not so sticky that it rolls the car up on the springs in a dangerous way?

I don't know, but I can tell you anecdotally from my own subjective experience that despite its larger size and greater weight, the 5G Legend will be quicker in any like for like comparison in situations where everything else is equal (track conditions and weather).

It's just a much better car to drive, everything said and done. Hands down. You've got a half dozen people who are saying that their 0-60 times are under 5.0s. And Honda's not contradicting them when they're aware of these statements, whatever that means.

Another thing: Although you'll hear all of us saying that we want the electronics to behave differently in this or that situation, the fact of the matter is that the infotainment system is generations ahead of anything that was ever in the 4G Legend, even if the 5G Legend NAV and system is not as good as we want it to be. You're still going to be able to do things you could not do in your RL/4G, and you're still going to be able to do them more quickly, even though we can complain after two short years of the 5G that it really ought to be quicker and better thought out.

Don't discount the efficacy and usefulness of ACC and LKAS, too. It's a different way of living...a good and different way, a safer and less fatiguing way.

The suspension is firm. But so was that in the 4G. :-) It's what Honda people expect and want, and it is a part of the overall excellence of combined systems that allow you to comfortably, safely and easily progress through very long trips without feeling fatigue.
The following 6 users liked this post by George Knighton:
2011TL (05-06-2015), hondamore (05-06-2015), neuronbob (05-06-2015), pgeorg (05-06-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-06-2015), wstr75 (05-11-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Grandpa

And another thing. If you're calling the 5G Legend the "RLXh" [sic] then you just don't get it, and it might very well not be the car that you are after.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:41 AM
Grandpa

Overbearing presumptuous pedantic mode is now switched off.
The following 3 users liked this post by George Knighton:
holografique (05-11-2015), neuronbob (05-06-2015), sooththetruth (05-06-2015)
Old 05-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I have not owned an RL SH-AWD; however, I have driven several of them enthusiastically, including a right hand drive Legend converted to six speed manual by a well known Honda aftermarket manufacturer.

You must have had at least one picture of that. You can't dish stuff like that without pictures. That's the ultimate RL for certain.

In any case, you are one lucky bastage.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by neuronbob
You must have had at least one picture of that.
I don't!! Sorry. I was too busy trying not to look ridiculous.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:23 AM
Grandpa

You know.... Now that I think of it, I believe that in those days we carried Blackberry with no cameras.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
The RLX-SH is that superior in every way!!!! For heavens sake I am potentially going to buy a second one on Thursday! Just drive it and you will know what we are all raving about. Fair warning, you better bring your check book.
Well gents, I drove to Boston and met fsmith with his SH (pictured) as well as looked at #2. It was a Tech which is what I wanted but the color matched fsmith's in the picture. I really wanted the silver, not the grey and was hoping the grey was lighter than it was. Thus I decided not to buy this one but will continue to look for a 14SH in silver Tech, or wait for a 16SH in silver Tech.

The following 2 users liked this post by RLX-Sport Hybrid:
neuronbob (05-08-2015), TSX69 (05-11-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Senior Moderator

OOOO.....the first Sport Hybrid meet.
Colin (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
^^Gotta start somewhere!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

That picture will go down in history along with the Loch Ness monster photo. Years from now old men will tell their grandchildren, "I swear, way back in 2015, I saw TWO RLX Sport Hybrids side by side - they looked like a luxury cruiser, but sure as shootin' they could fly, I tells ya, they could absolutely fly".
The following 3 users liked this post by hondamore:
fsmith (05-08-2015), George Knighton (05-08-2015), neuronbob (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Pro

^^^ Then they will discover that while their owners were congratulating themselves about their brilliant purchases, those two cars snuck out behind the dealership for a little sheet metal on sheet metal cuddling. And that's why, now 25 years later, Acura finally gave birth to another brilliant piece of automative technology, and the SH-AWD Jr. is still the best kept secret in the car industry.
The following 2 users liked this post by fsmith:
hondamore (05-08-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fsmith
^^^ Then they will discover that while their owners were congratulating themselves about their brilliant purchases, those two cars snuck out behind the dealership for a little sheet metal on sheet metal cuddling. And that's why, now 25 years later, Acura finally gave birth to another brilliant piece of automative technology, and the SH-AWD Jr. is still the best kept secret in the car industry.
The question is which one of our cars was Maverick or Goose?

The stealth, intelligent, sleeper way this car is able to navigate traffic is one of its coolest attributes. On my ride back yesterday I was generally averaging around 75-80mph and got 33.2 mpg for the trip. Again thanks for the coffee fsmith!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Colin
^^Gotta start somewhere!
ROFL. Next, it'll be SH-RLXpo (from NSXpo for those not into NSX). I'll host.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by neuronbob
ROFL. Next, it'll be SH-RLXpo (from NSXpo for those not into NSX). I'll host.
At the risk of being chastised for being internet stupid, what does ROFL mean, and I did not get the "po" reference.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Rolling On the Floor Laughing.

The po after an "X" is a play on the word EXPO short for exposition.
The following 2 users liked this post by hondamore:
neuronbob (05-08-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
At the risk of being chastised for being internet stupid, what does ROFL mean, and I did not get the "po" reference.
Back in the day, it was a really big deal! NSXPO from 1999, lots of support from AHM for big events. I even helped arrange the shipment of one of my customers NSX from HI to CA and back.

The following 2 users liked this post by Colin:
George Knighton (05-08-2015), Tonyware (05-11-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hondamore
Rolling On the Floor Laughing.

The po after an "X" is a play on the word EXPO short for exposition.
I call myself out for being stupid! Thank you.

I need an internet interpreter.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin
Back in the day, it was a really big deal! NSXPO from 1999, lots of support from AHM for big events. I even helped arrange the shipment of one of my customers NSX from HI to CA and back.

Super cool.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
I really wanted the silver, not the grey and was hoping the grey was lighter than it was. Thus I decided not to buy this one but will continue to look for a 14SH in silver Tech, or wait for a 16SH in silver Tech.

For 2016 the silver color option is now slate silver which is a darker silver than the 2015 silver but not as dark as the graphite luster.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TampaRL
For 2016 the silver color option is now slate silver which is a darker silver than the 2015 silver but not as dark as the graphite luster.
Are there any Acura models in which I can see what it looks like?
Old 05-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

I just went to the Acura web site. Choose the 2016 RLX and you'll see the color. It's definitely a darker silver.

Edit: Here's one at one of the dealers in my city, with pictures. HTH.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...8401/overview/

Last edited by neuronbob; 05-10-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Grandpa

I really wanted the silver, not the grey and was hoping the grey was lighter than it was. Thus I decided not to buy this one....
That's the color they were giving me a deal on when I was buying my first RLX P-AWS car.

I agree with you, it's too close to black. The Potomac, I think, is where I'll draw the line for black cars in the future. It's just too damned hot down here for black cars.

The lighter color for 2016 might be evidence that a lot of us felt that way.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Wink

Thank you for the picture as it kind of highlights the difference between metallic & pearl paints. I get that metallics look glittery but I can never see the pearl-effect except on white where the rainbow is very obvious. In this pic, the way the sunlight reflects off the gray is obviously very different from the black. The pearl-effect on black is still lost on me as it just looks like the normal shine (clear coat?) that cars have.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Pro

^^^ I should point out that the car on the left (mine) is in desperate need of a wash and wax, while the car on the right (not mine) has been kept very clean and polished by its owner. That may make some of the difference you see.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Talking 2016

Jun 2, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif.

With pricing unchanged from the current model, the 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD will be available at Acura dealers nationwide beginning June 3 boasting new features including AcuraWatch™, now offered as standard equipment on all models, and an available 360-degree Surround View Camera system. The only luxury sedan with a 3-motor, torque-vectoring hybrid powertrain, the 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid will carry a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $59,950 with Technology Package and $65,950 with Advance Package.

Producing a combined 377 horsepower and 341 lb-ft of torque2, the RLX Sport Hybrid is powered by a direct injected 3.5-liter V6 engine and 3-motor hybrid system with Acura's signature Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system. This highly effective powertrain provides a unique combination of exhilarating all-weather, any-road dynamic performance, and exceptional acceleration, while also receiving an impressive 32 mpg EPA highway fuel economy rating3. These performance attributes are matched by the RLX Sport Hybrid's luxurious appointments and for 2016 even more comprehensive feature content including the AcuraWatch™suite of safety and driver assistive technologies and available Surround View Camera4, bi-directional starter and heated steering wheel.

All RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD models now include AcuraWatch™, which helps to improve the driver's situational awareness and, in certain circumstances, intervene to help avoid a collision or mitigate its severity. The AcuraWatch™ suite of available features includes:
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF)
Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS)
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
Blind Spot Information (BSI)
Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
Cross Traffic Monitor
The 2016 Acura RLX is available in 2 trims, RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD with Technology Package and RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD with Advance Package. The RLX with Technology Package has been enhanced with AcuraWatch™ as standard. The RLX with Advance Package has been additionally improved with Surround View Camera4, bi-directional keyless remote engine starter and heated steering wheel.

PHP Code:
TRIM     MSRP1     EPA Rating3
RLX Sport Hybrid SH
-AWD with Technology Package     $59,950     28/32/30
RLX Sport Hybrid SH
-AWD with Advance Package     $65,950     28/32/30 
AcuraWatch™
At the heart of AcuraWatch™ is the fusion of camera and radar technology that can sense the roadway and objects within it, including other vehicles and pedestrians. This technology underpins the systems that help provide the driver with improved vision around the vehicle, can alert the driver of potential issues and, if necessary, intervene to help keep the RLX Sport Hybrid from departing a lane, departing the road, or help to avoid or mitigate the severity of a collision. These systems include Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) and Cross Traffic Monitor, both of which are new to the RLX Sport Hybrid.

Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)4
New for the 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) uses a Monocular Camera (mounted on the upper portion of the windshield) to identify solid or dashed painted lane lines, Botts' Dots and Cat Eye markers. RDM uses both steering force, via EPS, and braking force, via VSA, to help the RLX Sport Hybrid from leaving a detected lane or detected roadway.

The monocular camera can recognize lane features and identify a lane or roadway edge. If the RDM system determines that the RLX Sport Hybrid is about to leave a detected lane or roadway defined by solid lines without a turn signal in use, it will provide steering assist (primary) and, in rare occasions when steering is not sufficient, braking assist to help the driver stay on the road. If a lane only identified by dashed lines, Bott's Dots or Cat Eye markers and the system determines that there is an unintended departure, no braking assist will be provided. Instead, the RLX Sport Hybrid will use active steering force to help return to the detected lane. RDM is integrated with the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system to provide moderate braking, and with the Electric Power Steering (EPS) system to provide steering input.

Multiple visual and audible warnings alert the driver when the RDM system is taking corrective action. These include a lane departure warning on the driver's Multi Information Display (MID) along with an audible warning. RDM also has a customizable initial warning of either a steering wheel shake/vibration and/or an audible alert. This can be customized in the vehicle settings.

Cross Traffic Monitor5
Another new driver assistive technology included with AcuraWatch™, the Cross Traffic Monitor works in conjunction with the RLX's blind spot information (BSI) radar sensors to enhance driver confidence when backing up. The system is especially useful when reversing in congested parking lots with an obstructed view from the driver's seat.

The system utilizes a pair of radar units located in the rear quarter panels. When Reverse is selected and an approaching vehicle is detected, arrows indicating the approaching vehicle's direction are shown on the center display's rear camera image. An audible warning is simultaneously emitted.

Surround View Camera6
For 2016, the Acura RLX Sport Hybrid with Advance Package includes Acura's Surround View Camera system6 that provides a 360-degree image of the area around the vehicle. The surround view camera system is designed to assist drivers during critical and precise maneuvers in snug parking situations. Using 4 separate cameras, views from behind, directly in front of, and both left and right sides of the vehicle can be displayed on the navigation screen. The system can also use all 4 cameras to seamlessly create a composite bird's eye image, to provide the driver with information about the surroundings. In addition, dynamic on-screen guidelines help the driver see their projected path relative to the lines demarking parking spaces or other objects, allowing them to maneuver with greater confidence.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Pro

Great news. And we will build how many this time?
Old 06-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Wow, a 10k difference between the Tech and Advance for just these features - Surround View Camera4, bi-directional keyless remote engine starter and heated steering wheel. I don't think these feature justify 10k but the 59k for all the features plus some additional ones that the 2014 SH Advance has looks like a good deal.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by woropallo
Wow, a 10k difference between the Tech and Advance for just these features - Surround View Camera4, bi-directional keyless remote engine starter and heated steering wheel. I don't think these feature justify 10k but the 59k for all the features plus some additional ones that the 2014 SH Advance has looks like a good deal.
I believe it is a $6,000 difference, no? Still too much money for just those features, unless the are some that are not mentioned....
Old 06-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by pgeorg
I believe it is a $6,000 difference, no? Still too much money for just those features, unless the are some that are not mentioned....

Your correct, 6k and I agree still to much for just those features.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by woropallo
Your correct, 6k and I agree still to much for just those features.
Looking at the Acura website brochure, these are ALL the features that are included in the Advanced package for both the 2016 P-AWS and the 2016 Sport Hybrid:

ADVANCE PACKAGE
■■ Surround-View Camera System
■■ Remote Engine Start with Vehicle Feedback
■■ KrellŽ Premium Audio System with 14 Speakers
■■ Rear Door Side Sunshades and Power Rear Sunshade
■■ Heated Steering Wheel
■■ Power-Folding Side Mirrors
■■ Ventilated and Heated Front Seats; Heated Rear Seats

I think the $6,000 difference is ok now:-)

Quick Reply: 2018 Acura RLX MMC (2018 spy pics pg 15, reveal pg 18)