Two Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 12:07 PM
cpd
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Two Questions

I've had my new RDX Advance for a little over a week and I love it (despite already popping a flat tire). But I have two questions I can't find answers to. First, when I shut my tailgate sometimes the car beeps once when its shut, and other times it beeps multiple times like a warning sound. What does this mean?

Second, in the multi-information display I swear there used to be a Navigation screen. Now it is not an option. The manual says this screen is only on certain models. Perhaps it was on the Tech I test drove, but I swear I was looking at it the first few days of owning my Advance. Am I mistaken -- is it perhaps not on the Advance because of the HUD?
Old 08-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cpd
I've had my new RDX Advance for a little over a week and I love it (despite already popping a flat tire). But I have two questions I can't find answers to. First, when I shut my tailgate sometimes the car beeps once when its shut, and other times it beeps multiple times like a warning sound. What does this mean?
Mine has done that a few times, and I've hypothesized (but haven't yet confirmed) that it occurs when I've walked beyond the auto-lock perimeter before the hatch was finished closing, and the urgent warning chime is meant to warn me that it can't auto-lock.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
You are correct- multiple beeps indicate that there is an error (key not within 5’ of car when all doors/tailgate shut, etc) and the car will not auto lock. If it beeps once the system is ready to auto lock once you walk away.
Heres a YouTube video you can reference to for auto lock information:
The following users liked this post:
robuckj (08-09-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cpd
Second, in the multi-information display I swear there used to be a Navigation screen. Now it is not an option. The manual says this screen is only on certain models. Perhaps it was on the Tech I test drove, but I swear I was looking at it the first few days of owning my Advance. Am I mistaken -- is it perhaps not on the Advance because of the HUD?
It is on the advance as well. It is between the trip computer and maintenance. I didn't play around too much with it, but it MiGHT only appear after you have entered a destination in the Navigation system. At first I didn't see it. Then I entered a destination, then it showed up with the next turn. I cancelled the NAV and then this screen showed up. So try entering a destination and routing and then look for it. Again, this is my theory I didn't have time to verify this right now.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:59 AM
cpd
Cruisin'

So I assumed that on the beeps, but it doesn’t seem consistent, which may just be anecdotal.

on the navigation screen for the multi-information display, I tried entering a destination. It doesn’t show up on my display at all anymore. Not sure what’s going on there, that one remains a mystery.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by cpd
So I assumed that on the beeps, but it doesn’t seem consistent, which may just be anecdotal.

on the navigation screen for the multi-information display, I tried entering a destination. It doesn’t show up on my display at all anymore. Not sure what’s going on there, that one remains a mystery.
have you cycled to the Nav screen in your display?
Old 08-09-2018, 10:18 AM
cpd
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

have you cycled to the Nav screen in your display?
Yes. I have cycled through all of the screens in the MID multiple times. I have all of the other screens - just not the navigation screen. I thought maybe it was because I have the Sport+ display set to always on (to show the turbo gauge etc.) but I turned that off and it still does not show up as an option. It is baffling me. It's not a huge deal, but I do like the big compass.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
That compass in the center Navigation screen will be replaced by a turn by turn Navigation instruction, once you entered a destination in the Navigation infotainment screen .
If you dont have a destination entered , then that screen change back to a compass.
And that center turn by turn Navi screen is on the Tech , A-spec and Advance , but not on the basic .
Basically its on the RDX that has a built in Navigation option in the infotainment

Last edited by dcmod; 08-11-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:28 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cpd
Yes. I have cycled through all of the screens in the MID multiple times. I have all of the other screens - just not the navigation screen. I thought maybe it was because I have the Sport+ display set to always on (to show the turbo gauge etc.) but I turned that off and it still does not show up as an option. It is baffling me. It's not a huge deal, but I do like the big compass.
I believe in the Advance model it will show up in the HUD and not the MID.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:27 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by bppronk25
I believe in the Advance model it will show up in the HUD and not the MID.
I have an Advance and it shows up in the MID in addition to the HUD.