Stuck Horn?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 08:47 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stuck Horn?

The other day, the horn on my RDX A-Spec was going off and wasn't able to be shut off. After trying everything with the remote and phone app, it was actually the horn was stuck pushed in. Once I pulled the horn out with both hands, it stopped. I rarely use the horn also. Maybe a tap here and there.

This never happened on any car I had. Who knows if the horn will start going off again while it's parked.

Just wondering if anyone experienced this?
Old 10-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Try to take a video if it ever happens again including pulling on it to shut it off so you can show the dealer when you take it in.

Maybe find a remote location and give the horn a good workout. Maybe whatever is hanging up will work itself in.
The following users liked this post:
T-BasZ (10-23-2018)
Old 03-04-2019, 06:29 AM
10th Gear

Horn finally stopped working. Pressing on the horn or trying the panic button does nothing.

I'm going to check fuse later. Just wondering if anything else to check. There are no good dealers in Brooklyn NY. I don't trust any of them and they will probably charge a fortune and get my car back with missing parts. I got the car through a dealer in New Jersey. Over hour and half drive depending on traffic.

I'll have to take it to a dealer out of state which will probably cost over 50 to 100 on gas and tolls. Depending if I have to leave the car there. A full day or 2 just lost fixing a horn.

There are other minor issues like brakes and system. But driving without a horn is dangerous if you are in a situation when you need to get someone's attention. Happened twice now.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
It's a HORN...take it to your local dealer and try that first!
Old 03-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Sorry to hear what you are experiencing (ABSOLUTELY no pun intended!)

Many of us go months, perhaps even years without using our horns.

(HINT, we live in suburban, or maybe even rural areas.)

Not criticism, just recognizing that things are different in the big cities, where horns may be a necessity.

This does seem like a simple fix, I would go along with others that said take it to you local dealer...if that doesn't turn out satisfactorily, then re-evaluate, or call Corporate Acura.
The following users liked this post:
securityguy (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 02:06 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for advice. I have to schedule something soon because of other issues like brake noise. Few times when a passenger was sitting, light on dash was showing that the air bags were off.

I checked the horn fuse and it looked good.

I'll test the horn separately to see if that's the issue.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
The airbag issue seems like a much more important issue lol
I think someone else had the airbag issue but Acura can't figure it out.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
It should be covered under warranty so I wouldn't worry about them trying to rip you off.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Options to consider

Horn in a can is fun driving and at work , mac valve and steam or train whistle, 5k in subwoofer and or led bar. Is it stock or aftermarket alarm and please read fuse heavy polishing steering wheel can but fob should bypass all by frequency and trigger panic. The correct combo can disable alarm output. Usually multiple probs are simple. Bad ground . All data the make model and computer's ,volt meter and check lights seats all options compile a full list of all related or found and dtcs. A real reader and options and view computers in low lag high results for under 15 usd. Mine has helped more people and devices across all brands key to was proper software and hardware and hard reset knowledge and clearing.. steam whistles are so great when you see a reaction (and) knowing Chuck Norris. All great options .
Old 03-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Why not try dealerships in Long island?

Old 03-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Cruisin'

Exclamation Just that guy

Proffesical Keister Rider. It's ok to have a smile and enjoy life horz 2 step re-post in your standard Format . . Ucme
Old 03-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Cruisin'

Exclamation Ada

South Park fan. ???
Old 03-06-2019, 11:19 AM
Cruisin'

Exclamation Rolling Art

Welcome my brother do you need a hug. Dont be so static to embrace. And the Hondata has a major release it's why 5g and Ant is on your system already. Google developers made push , Fire app indexing has to secure your credentials why the (n) to kill is open for a few. then your going to have the best pre set service of most opps. Each fraction of a LTE is 10x transmission. >_< Edit app disclose :: Doc ,.. >Ip8;:static Google
com.@Google Developmen.Doc ^embedded..__
Old 03-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by Skant
Horn in a can is fun driving and at work , mac valve and steam or train whistle, 5k in subwoofer and or led bar. Is it stock or aftermarket alarm and please read fuse heavy polishing steering wheel can but fob should bypass all by frequency and trigger panic. The correct combo can disable alarm output. Usually multiple probs are simple. Bad ground . All data the make model and computer's ,volt meter and check lights seats all options compile a full list of all related or found and dtcs. A real reader and options and view computers in low lag high results for under 15 usd. Mine has helped more people and devices across all brands key to was proper software and hardware and hard reset knowledge and clearing.. steam whistles are so great when you see a reaction (and) knowing Chuck Norris. All great options .
Originally Posted by Skant
Welcome my brother do you need a hug. Dont be so static to embrace. And the Hondata has a major release it's why 5g and Ant is on your system already. Google developers made push , Fire app indexing has to secure your credentials why the (n) to kill is open for a few. then your going to have the best pre set service of most opps. Each fraction of a LTE is 10x transmission. >_< Edit app disclose :: Doc ,.. >Ip8;:static Google
com.@Google Developmen.Doc ^embedded..__
does this guy need to be banned, what is this garbage??????
Old 03-11-2019, 06:33 AM
10th Gear

The BK service center I took my car to destroyed and damaged my car.

I bring in my car to get horn repaired. And to check that passenger airbag sensor. They said the sensor is normal and the weight needs to be over 100 lbs and they must sit properly leaning back or sit in the back seat. My wife is just over 100 lbs that and it happened many times.

I should of left right when they said that. Anyway it's just a horn right? They said they will inspect the car and check fluids and stuff for free.

So I wait over 3 hours and they come back and say they don't have the horn in stock and they will have to order it.

I leave the dealership and right away I notice my brakes are making this loud clunking sound, so loud and embarrassing. And breaking is no longer smooth. It's like an 80s car with cheap brake pads. And not only that now my petals feel loose and makes a loud squishy sound pushing down. I also feel the road and petals vibrating on the highway.

Besides that mess up. They took EVERY door apart! Words can't describe how much damage they did. Every window opens and closes with a wobble sound and the rubber guards are damaged from some kid popping out the panels with a screwdriver instead of using the correct tools. Memory seats are messed up. And I think they also disconnected something regards to the engine sound or noise cancelling. Interior doesnt sound the like before.

I still don't have a horn. Now I have really bad breaks. Horrible ride. And windows all wobbles. And bad noises all around.

They ruined my car and didn't fix the horn. I don't even want this damaged junk car anymore. Not even 4000 miles.

I can't bring my car back to them because they are clueless. I'm trying to find out from acura relations if another service center can repair all the damage they caused and to bill them.

No matter what they or another service center does. The car will never be the same.

Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks for reading my rant.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:12 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Sorry to hear that man... Keep pursuing a fix, if that fails, see if you can qualify for a lemon law claim...
Old 03-13-2019, 08:32 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by T-BasZ
The BK service center I took my car to destroyed and damaged my car.

I bring in my car to get horn repaired. And to check that passenger airbag sensor. They said the sensor is normal and the weight needs to be over 100 lbs and they must sit properly leaning back or sit in the back seat. My wife is just over 100 lbs that and it happened many times.

I should of left right when they said that. Anyway it's just a horn right? They said they will inspect the car and check fluids and stuff for free.

So I wait over 3 hours and they come back and say they don't have the horn in stock and they will have to order it.

I leave the dealership and right away I notice my brakes are making this loud clunking sound, so loud and embarrassing. And breaking is no longer smooth. It's like an 80s car with cheap brake pads. And not only that now my petals feel loose and makes a loud squishy sound pushing down. I also feel the road and petals vibrating on the highway.

Besides that mess up. They took EVERY door apart! Words can't describe how much damage they did. Every window opens and closes with a wobble sound and the rubber guards are damaged from some kid popping out the panels with a screwdriver instead of using the correct tools. Memory seats are messed up. And I think they also disconnected something regards to the engine sound or noise cancelling. Interior doesnt sound the like before.

I still don't have a horn. Now I have really bad breaks. Horrible ride. And windows all wobbles. And bad noises all around.

They ruined my car and didn't fix the horn. I don't even want this damaged junk car anymore. Not even 4000 miles.

I can't bring my car back to them because they are clueless. I'm trying to find out from acura relations if another service center can repair all the damage they caused and to bill them.

No matter what they or another service center does. The car will never be the same.

Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks for reading my rant.
Did you point out all the damage that was done while you were there or if you noticed it later did you call them to rectify the situation? I would not just "live with it", I would make them fix it.