A-spec Red seats??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 02:01 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-spec Red seats??

Hi guys/gals - I'm new here. I have my eyes fixated on the 2019 Acura RDX A-spec package.. The two color combinations that I'm drawn to are the modern steel metallic exterior or the performance red pearl exterior. Both look sporty and bring out the A-spec accents really well. I'm more inclined towards the modern steel color as that matches the wheel color really well. However, I'm scared of the red leather interior. I dont like it and i feel it might be "in your face" kind of a thing when someone enters the car. Considering that the modern steel metallic comes only with the red leather interior, I feel disappointed that I may have to strike that out as an option. How do you guys feel about the red leather interior? Doesn't it feel kind of out of place in a luxury car?

I test drove a red a-spec package rdx this morning. I liked the drive and it felt really sporty/aggressive and very responsive. However, the suede material on the seat and the interior was a bit meh.. The sales guy said the A-spec package is trying to mimick the sportier versions of Acura and therefore they added the suede material for more grip on the seats, rather than have it as just leather.. I feel that was looking a bit off-putting. Do you feel that way, if you own a A-spec package or do you feel differently? Please let me know.. I love everything else about the A-spec package except the suede interior accents and the red leather seats.. I was even contemplating downgrading to tech package but it wouldnt give me the 3D surround sound that i liked.. so confused!
Old 04-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
No offense intended here but it's YOU that has to like the color, not anyone else. I picked up the Espresso interior color because I like it so much.. some passengers have said they aren't crazy about it but they don't have to look at it every day Get what YOU like
Old 04-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
No offense intended here but it's YOU that has to like the color, not anyone else. I picked up the Espresso interior color because I like it so much.. some passengers have said they aren't crazy about it but they don't have to look at it every day Get what YOU like
This!

It's your car, you choose what you want!
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (04-13-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have to agree with the previous two posters. It's your CHOICE, get something that YOU like. My opinion means nil.
Stew4HD (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 03:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Is the Modern Steel only available with the red interior in the U.S.? We have the choice of red or black interior up here in Canuckistan. I chose black.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have it

I have modern steel metallic and red leather. My wife and i liked it better than the black leather and the red isn't that bright of red. It's more of a darker red and looks sexy as hell as well as keeping it's luxurious statement.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I have Pearl White A Spec with Red seats and have had nothing but compliments on the red seats.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I like light interiors. Others like black, which I can’t stand. The Espresso is nice. The red is too loud.

TO ME.

To the OP, get in a few cars, sit in them, front and back, and see which one does it for you. I also suggest wandering the lot looking at colors. Don’t pre-decide.
sportsguy (04-23-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I like light interiors. Others like black, which I can’t stand. The Espresso is nice. The red is too loud.

TO ME.

To the OP, get in a few cars, sit in them, front and back, and see which one does it for you. I also suggest wandering the lot looking at colors. Don’t pre-decide.
I would say the red is far from being loud. It’s actually a muted red color. Similar to what you find in the new Audi S models. Also once the windows are tinted it’s an darker shade of red.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:48 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an Apsec in majestic black pearl with red interior. I think lighting has a big impact on the shade of the red. It looks more toned down when the sunlight isn't directly hitting it but can look very bright at other times. I'm really happy with my color choice, I think the red seats goes really well with the black exterior.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by Saandeep Mani
I was even contemplating downgrading to tech package but it wouldnt give me the 3D surround sound that i liked.. so confused!
Why don't you consider the Advanced?

I don't the responsive changes in the A-spec vs other models. The sportiness of the A-spec is all cosmetic. I didn't much care for it.

Did you try test driving one of the other models?
Old 04-16-2019, 01:28 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by anoop
Why don't you consider the Advanced?

I don't the responsive changes in the A-spec vs other models. The sportiness of the A-spec is all cosmetic. I didn't much care for it.

Did you try test driving one of the other models?
Yes I test drove the advanced also. Loved it as well.. I like the bigger wheels of the Aspec, and the design elements of it make it look sporty. I like that. However, on the interior, I like the advanced PKG more.. so it's a bit of a trade off one way or the other for me..
Old 04-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yes I test drove the advanced also. Loved it as well.. I like the bigger wheels of the Aspec, and the design elements of it make it look sporty. I like that. However, on the interior, I like the advanced PKG more.. so it's a bit of a trade off one way or the other for me..
Do you like the other bits of the A-spec interior like the red gauges? You'll be spending more time looking at the interior than the exterior.

I went with Tech to keep costs down, but if I wanted better audio, etc., I would go with Advanced over A-Spec. Aside from the exhaust tips there's nothing else I like about the A-spec.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:21 PM
9th Gear

Do you like the other bits of the A-spec interior like the red gauges? You'll be spending more time looking at the interior than the exterior.

I went with Tech to keep costs down, but if I wanted better audio, etc., I would go with Advanced over A-Spec. Aside from the exhaust tips there's nothing else I like about the A-spec.
The one thing that I dont like about the Aspec interior is the suede material on the seats.. It makes it look a bit dirty IMHO because of the texture of that material.. thats the only thing.. other than that, I like everything else about the Aspec.. The advance pkg interior looks clean, luxurious and also has the heads up display which I was very impressed by.. so, i am definitely leaning towards the advance pkg..
Old 04-17-2019, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
The one thing that I dont like about the Aspec interior is the suede material on the seats.. It makes it look a bit dirty IMHO because of the texture of that material.. thats the only thing.. other than that, I like everything else about the Aspec.. The advance pkg interior looks clean, luxurious and also has the heads up display which I was very impressed by.. so, i am definitely leaning towards the advance pkg..
I chose the Aspec in MSM with ebony seats and have loved the comfort. I did have some concern as well about having to care for the suede seats, however, they still look and feel great. I'll likely pick up some interior cleaner product to maintain the quality of the suede.

One thing to consider is if you live in a hot area, the interior can get pretty warm with the pano roof. With all leather seats it will get pretty hot, whereas, suede will be much cooler on the rump.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:55 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by hockeyaddict
I chose the Aspec in MSM with ebony seats and have loved the comfort.
How did you get the MSM with ebony seats? I thought the MSM comes only with the red leather seats for the Aspec (at least in the US). MSM = Modern Steel Metallic right?
Old 04-17-2019, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

How did you get the MSM with ebony seats? I thought the MSM comes only with the red leather seats for the Aspec (at least in the US). MSM = Modern Steel Metallic right?
Canada may have different options.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
And folding mirrors!
Old 04-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ssacuraho
And folding mirrors!
Best part is that given the exchange rate, they are even cheaper than in the US. So more features + more options + cheaper for the Canadians. That's called having good carma.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Best part is that given the exchange rate, they are even cheaper than in the US. So more features + more options + cheaper for the Canadians. That's called having good carma.
Canadians also get to see 100 on the speedometer on road with a 60 posted speed limit, and NOT get ticketed!
Old 04-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I have a red interior in my BMW and love it. I get compliments all the time from people. I think the red in Acura’s looks just as good. I won’t buy another car now that doesn’t have a red interior.