Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fury63

Seriously? If that’s your view you answered your own question.
I am talking about 2018 RDX, not 2019. i think 2019 RDX has added much more luxurious looking interior with more wood trims on the side and in the front. But with 2018 RDX, only some chrome finish in the front but that is it. No other wood trimming, Not very luxurious. but 2019 on the bottom pic is much better improvement.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by skarface
More like $8k off
If so, that would be worth while taking a look at. X3 is pretty nice car. but Not sure who wins out in Reliability though ?? RDX or X3 ? More reliable the car, less money spent in the long run
Old 07-24-2018, 10:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi all,

I just brought home my new black & ebony RDX AWD with Tech package, stepping up from an almost 11 year old CR-V with 157K.
I paid $1800 under MSRP (no loyalty discount!) in the Chicago suburbs and got a better deal than I expected on my trade. I wasn't going to move on the car just yet, waiting a couple months for things to cool down, but from what I'm reading on this forum that's a pretty good deal that I won't regret too much as prices drop.

These new cars have so much more tech in them, it's going to be hard to resist being distracted playing with them for a couple of weeks.
The following users liked this post:
Nostradamus (07-25-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:54 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Are people getting quotes on a BMW X3 or Audi Q5 before buying the RDX? Just wondering since some reviews mentioned the RDX was the best value (MSRP to MSRP) but the X3 was the better vehicle. The X3 is highly discounted now, it would be interesting if that would change peoples' opinions on which car to buy if they were the same price.
I never got a quote on an X3, but also couldn’t find one on the lot loaded like an RDX Advance. Highly discounted typically doesn’t come with special order. I find that to be the issue with many of the other manufacturers, their a-la-carte by feature approach typically leaves you needing to special order to get exactly what you want. Some people complain Acura is too simple and not flexible with their bundling and options, but I find it easier to shop and find what I want most of the time, even if it means special order since their are plenty of direct comps. Also, our BMW stealership is known for high costs and screwing people after the sale.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:02 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianC778
Hi all,

I just brought home my new black & ebony RDX AWD with Tech package, stepping up from an almost 11 year old CR-V with 157K.
I paid $1800 under MSRP (no loyalty discount!) in the Chicago suburbs and got a better deal than I expected on my trade. I wasn't going to move on the car just yet, waiting a couple months for things to cool down, but from what I'm reading on this forum that's a pretty good deal that I won't regret too much as prices drop.

These new cars have so much more tech in them, it's going to be hard to resist being distracted playing with them for a couple of weeks.
Congrats Brian! Hopefully the info I shared with you helped find a good dealer in Chicago! I got the same setup as you (Tech/AWD) except White exterior and black interior. It took several weeks for them to find a White/Black combo in AWD/Tech as most of the White exteriors were coming with Parchment or Espresso. The Store manager told me that Acura is producing large quantities of one color interior before moving back to a different color, so perhaps that is why Ebony was available for both of us in the past week.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:27 AM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Hi all,

Congratulations, Brian, on your sharp new RDX. And thanks for sharing your numbers, they are a big help to people like me who haven't hit the dealer yet.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Hi all,

Brian That;s great. i am happy for you. However your idea of great deal and my idea of great deal is different. my idea of great deal is about 4000- 5000 dollars off on 2019 model RDX. and 8000-9000 off on 2018 RDX and TLX. I plan on making the dealership take off $10,000 on the new 2018 RDX with all the incentives going on
Old 07-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by TLMDXRDX
I just posted these pics in another thread but wanted to share here too. If anyone wants info on the dealer I used to get $1500 off MRSP plus the $1000 loyalty incentive in the Midwest/Chicago area please send me a PM.

you didn't get the side protection molding from door dings. How do you plan on preventing people from opening their car doors on your car ?? are you planning on parking at the farthest out spot in the parking lot like 100 yards away ??
Old 07-25-2018, 12:15 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Brian That;s great. i am happy for you. However your idea of great deal and my idea of great deal is different. my idea of great deal is about 4000- 5000 dollars off on 2019 model RDX. and 8000-9000 off on 2018 RDX and TLX. I plan on making the dealership take off $10,000 on the new 2018 RDX with all the incentives going on
Brian didn't say he got a great deal, he said he got a pretty good deal and did well with his trade. He got a deal he is happy with and is enjoying his new RDX right now. I understand your plan to wait until the end of the year and hopefully save an additional $2k or $3k over current deals, that's your preference. His was to buy now and enjoy.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Are people getting quotes on a BMW X3 or Audi Q5 before buying the RDX? Just wondering since some reviews mentioned the RDX was the best value (MSRP to MSRP) but the X3 was the better vehicle. The X3 is highly discounted now, it would be interesting if that would change peoples' opinions on which car to buy if they were the same price.
I did. Was offered $7,350 off a BMW X3 i30 (new but had 1,000 miles on it). Still only brought the OTD price to just meet the OTD for the Advance model. We were told they used it as a loaner. (apparently, they and MB do this often...let new loaner cars get 1k-4K miles on them, then reduce them considerably). It didn’t have the power of the RDX - it was noticeable. It also didn’t have leather, ventilated seats, heated back seats, back seat USB ports, the seats were not as comfortable (IMO), not as much back seat or cargo space...that’s all I can think off off the top of my head.

Mercedes, didn’t even ask...wasn’t impressed with the interior (colors looked off), was not as perky and seemed to have more sway in the turns.

Audi...loved the info system, but back seats were like bleachers. Drive was not memorable.

Now driving a 2019 RDX Advance: Modern Steel with Greystone (Love it!)
Old 07-25-2018, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in the Seattle area having any luck? I can see people are posting they are getting $1500 to $2500 off elsewhere in the country, but I've had zero luck here. Trying to buy an FWD + Advance package. I've talked to 4 dealers (Bellevue, Seattle, Lynnwood, Fife) and all of them are quoting MSRP, insisting they can sell everything they can get, so they aren't going to discount. Also, one of them priced the 3 accessories we chose (side door strip, fancy floor mats, cargo net) well above MSRP, saying "accessory prices don't include labor" - sounds fishy, is this true? Also seeing bogus charges like "Dealer Prep Fee" of $250, which sites like Consumer Reports indicate is a made-up fee that you should never pay. Some dealers have also outright refused to order a FWD model.

It sounds like dealers are much more cooperative in other states.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Congratulations Brian! You’re not kidding re: new technology. She sure is fun! Enjoy!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Hi all,

Congrats! I know you will enjoy your ride for many years!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DWG
Brian didn't say he got a great deal, he said he got a pretty good deal and did well with his trade. He got a deal he is happy with and is enjoying his new RDX right now. I understand your plan to wait until the end of the year and hopefully save an additional $2k or $3k over current deals, that's your preference. His was to buy now and enjoy.
Exactly. For sure I am still paying some early adoper tax vs. waiting a few more months. But I chose to split the difference (some regions are still paying MSRP) and the good trade was very much a factor, and that car was getting older by the day. If not for that I would be holding out too. No regrets here.

If people are saving 4-5K in my region on July 25 I’d like to see the offer sheets.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
...No regrets here...
That's the key factor. If you're happy it's a great deal - regardless of what others may try to tell you (probably out of jealousy).

Old 07-25-2018, 02:00 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
yes the high priced add ons are normal. IN the 70s it was undercoating, in the 80s paint sealant....Today we have fancy names for adjusted market value. If people pay it they will do it.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Baldre
Anyone in the Seattle area having any luck? I can see people are posting they are getting $1500 to $2500 off elsewhere in the country, but I've had zero luck here. Trying to buy an FWD + Advance package. I've talked to 4 dealers (Bellevue, Seattle, Lynnwood, Fife) and all of them are quoting MSRP, insisting they can sell everything they can get, so they aren't going to discount. Also, one of them priced the 3 accessories we chose (side door strip, fancy floor mats, cargo net) well above MSRP, saying "accessory prices don't include labor" - sounds fishy, is this true? Also seeing bogus charges like "Dealer Prep Fee" of $250, which sites like Consumer Reports indicate is a made-up fee that you should never pay. Some dealers have also outright refused to order a FWD model.

It sounds like dealers are much more cooperative in other states.
Someone else may want to chime in but, we negotiated the labor with assessories in the initial purchase offer. We only got two of the four assessories we listed...but chose the ones with the more complicated installation. The assessories list provided to us to look at, were much more than the prices posted on the Acura “ build it” site.

Keep in mind, the assessories installations for each assessory is posted on this site with great pictorials for each. A couple items they want prideful bucks for can be purchased on EBay. Thanks to one of our posters (Chreph) who clued me in on this, I was able to pick up new OEM all weather mats for $101 w/free shipping. That roughly a third off the “build it” posted price. Apparently there are a number of Acura dealers selling assessories on EBay. The two items I purchased were from two separate California Acura dealers. There’s obviously a good markup on these things.

Last edited by TxLady; 07-25-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Hi all,

Congrats Brian! Way to go and Enjoy!
Old 07-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
you didn't get the side protection molding from door dings. How do you plan on preventing people from opening their car doors on your car ?? are you planning on parking at the farthest out spot in the parking lot like 100 yards away ??
The side moldings are ugly in my opinion. Door dings are inevitable and easily fixable but yes right now I’m parking a ways out.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:35 PM
Instructor

The side moldings are ugly in my opinion. Door dings are inevitable and easily fixable but yes right now I’m parking a ways out.
That’s what I used to say...
Maybe we live in an area full of ding-bats (pardon the pun), but husband insisted on them. They aren’t that bad...kinda grow on ya
Old 07-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
The side moldings are ugly in my opinion...
I agree. On some vehicles they look really good, on others they're OK, but on the RDX they just don't work.

The following 3 users liked this post by MI-RDX:
froston13 (07-31-2018), Nostradamus (07-29-2018), TxLady (07-30-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Racer

TxLady - that’s a great deal on the mats. I saw Curry Acura on eBay as well and thought the pricing there was cheaper than their website where they sell at a discount. Good point to look on eBay.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi all - excited to say I just did a deal on a 2019 Acura RDX Advanced.

Here are the details:
36 month lease, 10K miles
$535.85 / month
no money down other than taxes and fees ($2700)
The following users liked this post:
GBR! (07-26-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by WPJoe

Here are the details:
$535.85 / month
You’ll love it! Congrats.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Instructor

You’ll love it! Congrats.
Thanks - by the way, purchase price on the car was $45,255 so pretty good discount off MSRP.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:44 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by TxLady
I did. Was offered $7,350 off a BMW X3 i30 (new but had 1,000 miles on it). Still only brought the OTD price to just meet the OTD for the Advance model. We were told they used it as a loaner. (apparently, they and MB do this often...let new loaner cars get 1k-4K miles on them, then reduce them considerably). It didn’t have the power of the RDX - it was noticeable. It also didn’t have leather, ventilated seats, heated back seats, back seat USB ports, the seats were not as comfortable (IMO), not as much back seat or cargo space...that’s all I can think off off the top of my head.

Mercedes, didn’t even ask...wasn’t impressed with the interior (colors looked off), was not as perky and seemed to have more sway in the turns.

Audi...loved the info system, but back seats were like bleachers. Drive was not memorable.

Bet you it did not have Active Cruise Control either, which is in the second of the optional driver assistance packages.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Yeah, I always tend to lean back towards Acura because it's hard to ignore the value they provide. Practical, value luxury if there is such a thing lol
Old 07-25-2018, 05:21 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the details:
$535.85 / month
Congrats on your purchase. I am looking at leasing this as well. If you don't mind, could you share the money factor, residual % and state sales tax % ? Thanks!
Old 07-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by maxwayne
Congrats on your purchase. I am looking at leasing this as well. If you don't mind, could you share the money factor, residual % and state sales tax % ? Thanks!
money factor was .0013
residual 61%
i think state sales tax is around 8.75%
Old 07-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
We went to Audi and drove and got an offer on a Q5 and the Prestige equipped comparable to the RDX 19 Advance AWD was still $3-5K more and that is their discount compared to RDX MSRP son once discounting kicks in RDX is a real value. Sure you can nit pick back and forth, but for my wife the Q5 seats were not as comfortable, the car was not as quiet. The Q5 handled better, and the virtual cockpit was amazing. The RDX felt a nicer inside.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

Bet you it did not have Active Cruise Control either, which is in the second of the optional driver assistance packages.
That’s right MD...thanks for bringing that up. We couldn’t find one x3 with adaptive cruise control on the lot (and this dealer had over 170 X3’s - one of the largest BMW dealers in the South) I know...right?

After using that feature on a long road trip on the RDX, ( it’s super cool!) it would have been a shame not to have that feature on a new vehicle.

Oh, and the BMW only comes with run flats which was a big negative. I’ve heard very few happy campers that have them. The tires that come on the RDX may not be the best, but they aren’t run flats. They’ll be replaced with Michelin’s when it’s necessary to replace them.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

Nice.

Enjoy it well.
They came in today. More of a stiff flexible material than expected, but will definately protect against mud, etc. (My preschool grandson is all boy!). I also got a front windshield sun visor. Weathertech wanted $59 for a heavy duty one...got a heavy duty one designed for the RDX (says Acura on it) for $55/no shipping from an Acura dealer off Ebay. Still pricy, but the cheap ones don’t last long and these are a must in our Texas heat (got to 116 in some areas this week)
Old 07-26-2018, 05:53 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just finalized a deal last night in Toronto, Ontario. Platinum Elite with pearl paint, $55,490 MSRP, with $4,407 discount plus Customer Cash Rebate of $1,000.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:01 AM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Lmo0913
Just finalized a deal last night in Toronto, Ontario. Platinum Elite with pearl paint, $55,490 MSRP, with $4,407 discount plus Customer Cash Rebate of $1,000.
When you get the cash rebate do they convert into Local currency? Just curious?
Old 07-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Here are the details:
$535.85 / month

Congrats WPJOE,

Based on your lease, it is the best one I have seen posted on this thread I have seen yet.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
That’s right MD...thanks for bringing that up. We couldn’t find one x3 with adaptive cruise control on the lot (and this dealer had over 170 X3’s - one of the largest BMW dealers in the South) I know...right?

After using that feature on a long road trip on the RDX, ( it’s super cool!) it would have been a shame not to have that feature on a new vehicle.

Oh, and the BMW only comes with run flats which was a big negative. I’ve heard very few happy campers that have them. The tires that come on the RDX may not be the best, but they aren’t run flats. They’ll be replaced with Michelin’s when it’s necessary to replace them.

My daughter keeps pushing me to replace my BMW with another one. I know this sounds stupid, but when I bought my 2008 535i, there was no other car of it’s type that had the whole package of luxury and performance. The closest was the RL, and it was far too heavy and got terrible gas mileage and did not handle as well, and was not measurably cheaper. This is no longer the case.

As a package, IMO, the RDX is just as good as the BMW for far less money and with more features. I would not get a current car without adaptive cruise control and the full range of driving aids.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 07-26-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:28 AM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks like a great deal! Do you want to share how you got that discount?
Old 07-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Wow, thats almost 10% off msrp!
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM
Carbon Bronze RDX

money factor was .0013
residual 61%
i think state sales tax is around 8.75%
Do you have to pay sales tax on the lease upfront, or is it embedded into your lease payment? The higher upfront payment suggests tax is upfront?

The $45,255 purchase price is great! Did that include a loyalty/conquest credit or just straight dealer discount? What doc fee, if any, did the dealer charge?

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Carbon Bronze RDX

with current exchange rates, it’s too bad the local dmv would probably frown on my trying to register a Canadian model RDX here...

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX