Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by idgystinks
why do car dealers have computers, programs and printers from the 90's? Hell the RDX profits should provide a means to be a little more modern.
I had a Lincoln MKX prior to this RDX.. their salesmen and finance guys had a desktop pad .. was really cool
Old 07-13-2018, 01:20 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by skarface
So your discount was $2000 including the $1000 loyalty rebate and they gave you $33k for your trade in? What's the year/make/model/mileage of the trade in? Thanks!
Yes, my discount off of MSRP was $21 under $2K...close enough to $2K...LOL! That did include my $1K loyalty fee.

I started with getting $32,000 for my '17 RDX Tech, with 5,200 miles, but, as I mentioned, I had some very rare older TSX, A-Spec wheels on it and I was not going to "give them away." He and I have a history of these rare
A-Spec wheels. He knew them well. So, I ended up getting an extra $1K for the wheels, for a total trade in value of $33K.

And, in my state, you only pay taxes on the difference. Unlike Cali land where I lived for 23 yrs. Each time you trade and buy, you pay taxes on the total cost of the new car. They keep taxing the same vehicle over and over
as it passes through different hands. The most taxed state overall in the U.S. At least that's what I'm told. It is bad there. You guys who live there know that. Again, I did for 23 yrs.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by Boltface
Saw my first '19 RDX in the wild today driving into Raleigh, NC.
I live in a city of well over 700,000 people not including the "burbs".....and I have yet to see another '19 RDX. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't any here besides mine. My wife drives to work 5 days a week...7:30 to 4:00.
I always ask her...have you seen another new RDX? Nope....

But, as we all know they are selling like crazy, breaking Acura records. I want them to be successful....so they have the funds to invest in R & D, facilities, etc, etc. A company must be profitable to be able to innovate and to keep
bringing us better products and competitive ones. This RDX will bring over owners of other luxury SUV's. I've already had BMW SUV owners looking at our RDX. They are quite surprised at how it looks outside...and inside!
One lady wants one just like ours....and give up her BMW!! Smart move....IMHO. The BMW's are way more expensive to buy, to keep up...long term....and their value drops like a rock. Hondas and Acuras, for the most part really
hold their value well.

I've found that other dealers...Toyota, Mazda....hell, any of them....LIKE having CRV's and RDX's on their used lots. Why...."cause they SELL. They don't stay long.

There is a reason they are so "wanted." Value, dependability, and resale value. If that's not the reasons....then there sure area a lot of dumb people out there!! LOL!!!!
Old 07-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Enough of this sh*t about “RDX flying of the lots”.
let them fly, I will wait as long as it takes. Stop listening to dealers, its just acura, not custom made bently.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Yes, my discount off of MSRP was $21 under $2K...close enough to $2K...LOL! That did include my $1K loyalty fee.

I started with getting $32,000 for my '17 RDX Tech, with 5,200 miles, but, as I mentioned, I had some very rare older TSX, A-Spec wheels on it and I was not going to "give them away." He and I have a history of these rare
A-Spec wheels. He knew them well. So, I ended up getting an extra $1K for the wheels, for a total trade in value of $33K.

And, in my state, you only pay taxes on the difference. Unlike Cali land where I lived for 23 yrs. Each time you trade and buy, you pay taxes on the total cost of the new car. They keep taxing the same vehicle over and over
as it passes through different hands. The most taxed state overall in the U.S. At least that's what I'm told. It is bad there. You guys who live there know that. Again, I did for 23 yrs.
Did you try to get any quotes from Carmax or any companies like that for your trade in? Looks like you got an extra $2-3k on your trade in (from KBB/Edmunds estimate) too so it would be nice to see if carmax would have offered you $30k, which would really nail that theory down. Looks like you actually got $4-5k off MSRP factoring in your trade-in. Really making me think that once the buzz dies down a bit, that's gonna be the straight up discount (~$4-5k). I think a couple of other buyers mentioned discounts, trade-ins, lease payoffs, or accessories that were put in the deal that basically ended up equaling a $4-5k discount. We'll see in December haha

Old 07-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by russianDude
Enough of this sh*t about “RDX flying of the lots”.
let them fly, I will wait as long as it takes. Stop listening to dealers, its just acura, not custom made bently.
Dude...why so angry?? Come on....makes no difference the make, model...whatever....this is the Acura RDX thread.....and they ARE selling VERY well. Period. We are all stating what we know is happening. If you don't like
Acuras, why are you here? We're not buying Bentleys. If you want one...buy one.

What's this..and I quote..."Enough of this sh*t about "RDX flying of the lots'. So, you are telling us what to say...not say...or like or don't like? Again, why so angry...really???

Listening to Dealers???? What's that about? No....it's the official sales numbers. And....I happen to know exactly what's going on at my dealer. And I SEE the RDX's leaving....and more coming in. Just fact...don't even have to
"listen' to anyone...MY EYES do the telling!! Just facts....you don't like them....so what...what's your beef? Buy the damn thing in the Fall...your Bentley....oh, that's right...you want an RDX. Hmmm....fooled me.

This is fun stuff.....at least for me. Car folks enjoying their vehicles and the buying process, etc, etc.

Don't worry...Dude....be happy!!! LOL!! Life is short. Much worse issues in the world for you to "go off on."

Peace...my russianDude!
Old 07-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Who said I am angry? Ive been on acura forums since 2001 when I had my CL, so obviously I like Acuras, but what I loath is car sales people. What they say is never true. Ofcourse rdx is selling fast because it just came out, its new design, and its nice. They dont make them fast enough at the begining, its a normal process for all acuras. You make it sound like 2019 rdx is the best acura ever produced that will never sell at discount, this is simply not true.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:48 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Did you try to get any quotes from Carmax or any companies like that for your trade in? Looks like you got an extra $2-3k on your trade in (from KBB/Edmunds estimate) too so it would be nice to see if carmax would have offered you $30k, which would really nail that theory down. Looks like you actually got $4-5k off MSRP factoring in your trade-in. Really making me think that once the buzz dies down a bit, that's gonna be the straight up discount (~$4-5k). I think a couple of other buyers mentioned discounts, trade-ins, lease payoffs, or accessories that were put in the deal that basically ended up equaling a $4-5k discount. We'll see in December haha
No, I totally disagree. I averaged 3 sources of car values...and it came to just under $32K. I rounded up to $32K. The extra $1K was for the wheels I had on it. Plus they got the original wheels/tires that came on it, of course.

So, getting 4-5K off is NOT the way to look at this at all. I got the value in my trade! Top dollar, but, I know they made it a CPO vehicle, as they do all my trades. They have to pay Acura just under $2K for that...since Acura
adds on to the Warranty. So, they put money in to my trade...and I know they made money....THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY! If it was your dealership, you wouldn't be operating long if you continually lost money on trades, new
sales, etc.

Deals on Accessories and other stuff do not crossover to you getting...later.....to being able to buy a new RDX for $4-5K directly off the MSRP.

Car sales....parts/accessories.....shop labor......etc....ARE DIFFEREN'T accounts!! They are run separately. IF Sales wants something from parts or an accessory discount....first they have to ask...then they have to pay that
Dept. The books are all separate. Apparently you don't truly know how the business side of the whole dealership works. No disrespect...but, that appears to be the case. So, that is why you use the statements that you do.

So, when I'm buying Accessories.....Sales negotiates what I want with Parts....and my money spent...goes to...PARTS. Not to sales. Sales gets paid for the car....from me....Parts gets paid for what I had put on the car...from me.
Part of the total price on my Purchase Order.

They are like separate businesses run within the Dealership "Company." The "moneys" are not mixed together when buying a car. Sales facilitates what I want from Parts/Accessories....and discounted Labor....and they get paid
by me....further down in the Purchase Order where it says...Accessories/Labor etc. It's NOT part of the price I'm paying for the RDX. That was negotiated first. If you read my earlier post on buying....I stated all that. The extras
come later....AFTER the discount for the RDX. Then add parts, etc. But, that Parts money goes to the "Parts Dept's" business end of the dealership, not to Sales.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Who said I am angry? Ive been on acura forums since 2001 when I had my CL, so obviously I like Acuras, but what I loath is car sales people. What they say is never true. Ofcourse rdx is selling fast because it just came out, its new design, and its nice. They dont make them fast enough at the begining, its a normal process for all acuras. You make it sound like 2019 rdx is the best acura ever produced that will never sell at discount, this is simply not true.
Well, to anyone with common sense...reading your first line, which I quoted for you...sure sounds like an angry person!! Why do you have to make a statement like that?? NOT needed. Say what you mean...but, to
say it the way you did, sure "reads" like anger.

Now...this is a problem with reading the written words. WE....ALL of us do NOT know what a person is like, what they are meaning...can't look in to their eyes, face and determine their state of mind. We just do our best from
the written words. Again YOUR words were "angry words." in anyone's mind.

Nope...I never "WROTE" that the '19 RDX is the best Acura ever produced. Just stated what we all know...INCLUDING YOU!!!....that they are selling...well. It IS a completely new RDX. Way different from Gen 1 and Gen 2. FACT!
So, it happens to be a hit. Let's watch it for at least 6 mos. See how the sales numbers are. Numbers don't lie.

With you "liking" the Acura brand apparently, then be more positive with us here. We don't want to fight about this stuff. You must enjoy "cars" or you wouldn't have had so many...as me. Let's share....in a good way...and
STOP with the writing of your first line in the other post. Just not necessary to berate us like that.

Nuff said...let's move on in a positive way. Let us know if that is acceptable to you. If not...then why would we want to engage thoughts and ideas with you? We are not here to tear people down...or to bully them. You have
that tendency. I've read many of your posts. YOU know that! Just back it down...play nice!

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 07-13-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:17 PM
Suzuka Master

This thread is about sales of rdx, and I obviously have different view of sales people (liars) and prognosis on rdx future sales. we dont know if rdx is selling really fast for a fact, it just came out, low supply and many people who want to buy it NOW. We dont know if trend is going to stay. Lets see what happens when all the impatient people buy their 2019s now and production supply increases.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I had a Lincoln MKX prior to this RDX.. their salesmen and finance guys had a desktop pad .. was really cool
How was the MKX vs the new RDX? Do you have an Advance or A-Spec RDX?
Old 07-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks for gettin back on track...

We test drove an Sh-AWD and FWD Advance back to back today. We’ve been planning on getting an SH-AWD Advance but I had a very strange reaction to the SH-AWD - I got car sick. It was like an inner ear/core body sick feeling. Has anyone else experienced this?

My take on the two...The SH-AWD sounded louder (road noise) than the FWD and I felt more road vibration/noise and more road in general. The FWD had a quieter ride and smoother ride and didn’t make me car sick. This was testing both in Comfort and Sport mode. This was reall odd.

Gotta say the fake noise was anoying as well as the loud click noise everytime we changed radio stations...we found a fix on the ladder, a different area to select them; but do think they should release software for owners to opt out of the loud fake noise and the loud clicks when you change from one feature to the next on the touch pad.

Looks like we are now looking for a FWD RDX Advance.

Last edited by TxLady; 07-13-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by TxLady
My take on the two...The SH-AWD sounded louder (road noise) than the FWD and I felt more road vibration/noise and more road in general. The FWD had a quieter ride and smoother ride and didn’t make me car sick. This was testing both in Comfort and Sport mode. This was reall odd....
Interesting, I noticed no vibration or noise in any of the RDXs I test drove - none were FWD though. May have something to do with the alignment or wheel balance of the one you drove.

Were they both the same trim level? I ask because the Advance has a different suspension and the A-Spec has 20 inch wheels which will have different ride and handling characteristics. Tire pressures could have been a factor as well.

See if you can test drive a different SH-AWD before making a final decision.

Last edited by MI-RDX; 07-13-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Good point about the tire pressure. I believe they arrive overinflated? and the salesperson should check to make sure they are right before the drive.

If not checked that could impact the ride quality. My three test drives in the Advance AWD were bliss but I know they did check the tires.

edit: two in advance; one in tech

Last edited by Fury63; 07-13-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Thanks for gettin back on track...

We test drove an Sh-AWD and FWD Advance back to back today. We’ve been planning on getting an SH-AWD Advance but I had a very strange reaction to the SH-AWD - I got car sick. It was like an inner ear/core body sick feeling. Has anyone else experienced this?

My take on the two...The SH-AWD sounded louder (road noise) than the FWD and I felt more road vibration/noise and more road in general. The FWD had a quieter ride and smoother ride and didn’t make me car sick. This was testing both in Comfort and Sport mode. This was reall odd.

Gotta say the fake noise was anoying as well as the loud click noise everytime we changed radio stations...we found a fix on the ladder, a different area to select them; but do think they should release software for owners to opt out of the loud fake noise and the loud clicks when you change from one feature to the next on the touch pad.

Looks like we are now looking for a FWD RDX Advance.

I feel the same way about the SH-AWD, it had an annoying vibration/buzzing noise somewhere on the passenger side going over certain terrain. The Advance FWD was rock solid, no detectable noises whatsoever.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Thanks. Not what you’d expect, right?

It will be interesting to see if others have experienced the same.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Here is something I noted more than a few times. Test drive and the ride SUCKS. I pulled out my tire gage back at dealer. 48 psi, 32 recommended.

That has an effect. Dealers are not all doing things like checking tire pressure after delivery truck leaves

Could it be that easy?
Old 07-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MarineOne
I feel the same way about the SH-AWD, it had an annoying vibration/buzzing noise somewhere on the passenger side going over certain terrain. The Advance FWD was rock solid, no detectable noises whatsoever.

SH-AWD is good for performance driving and winter driving. I personally would not even be considering it without SH-AWD, it makes car more performant with better power distribution. Sure you will hear extra sound, SH-AWD is a mechanical component, did not bother me.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Idgy, I think you’re right! Weren’t you the one that brought that up a while back? I had mentioned it to my husband but we had both forgotten until you reminded me. I don’t get car sick easy and it was puzzling. We will re test soon and carry a tire gauge. (Not sure an sh-awd will still be available but at least the Advance). Thanks for the reminder.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Idgy, I think you’re right! Weren’t you the one that brought that up a while back? I had mentioned it to my husband but we had both forgotten until you reminded me. I don’t get car sick easy and it was puzzling. We will re test soon and carry a tire gauge. (Not sure an sh-awd will still be available but at least the Advance). Thanks for the reminder.

It would be unseemly for the husband of a Texas lady to be crawling around a car in the dirt with a tire gauge.

Just check the tire pressure using the multi information display. The right scroll wheel cycles through various informative displays, one of which is tire pressure at each tire.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Awesome! Thanks Dogg. Btw, had a question - left you a PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:06 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

This is amazing. SO many folks are having similar issues with new vehicles from the dealer having over inflated tires! Wow! I discovered this issue a "few new cars ago"....and ever since I take along my calibrated pro type tire
gauge. And I needed it each time I bought another new vehicle. For a test drive I get my gauge out and set the pressure where it should be. IF they have put on different tires that I ordered to be put on optional wheels, I check
and set the pressure before I leave the dealership.

It's just crazy to think they can't do the TP correctly. It certainly makes a difference on how the vehicle rides!!

Part of the PDI process when they get in new vehicles is a long check list of "things to do" or check. Of course, one of them is to set the TP to the factory rec. settings. They can't even do that. Many of mine have been way over
40 lbs.

Just think about all the folks taking test drives...with most likely are overinflated tires. If I were a sales person, I'd make sure the TP was correct before I took a potential buyer out. Heck, I might even drop it a lb to two....to make sure
it rides "softer!" LOL!!

HELPFUL HINT: Tire gauges readings are based on them being calibrated at sea level. So....IF you are at altitude, like me at 6,200 ft. then for me if I want 32 lbs in my tires, my gauge has
to read 35.5 lbs. This accounts for the altitude.

Your TPMS readings on your info display will read the tire pressure in the tires. It's just when you service them and use a tire gauge that you have to keep what I wrote here in mind.
Also, make sure when you "set your pressure" you do it when the tires have been sitting for some time....as the books say...."cold."

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 07-13-2018 at 10:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TxLady (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 02:00 AM
Racer

No, I totally disagree. I averaged 3 sources of car values...and it came to just under $32K. I rounded up to $32K. The extra $1K was for the wheels I had on it. Plus they got the original wheels/tires that came on it, of course.

So, getting 4-5K off is NOT the way to look at this at all. I got the value in my trade! Top dollar, but, I know they made it a CPO vehicle, as they do all my trades. They have to pay Acura just under $2K for that...since Acura
adds on to the Warranty. So, they put money in to my trade...and I know they made money....THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY! If it was your dealership, you wouldn't be operating long if you continually lost money on trades, new
sales, etc.

Deals on Accessories and other stuff do not crossover to you getting...later.....to being able to buy a new RDX for $4-5K directly off the MSRP.

Car sales....parts/accessories.....shop labor......etc....ARE DIFFEREN'T accounts!! They are run separately. IF Sales wants something from parts or an accessory discount....first they have to ask...then they have to pay that
Dept. The books are all separate. Apparently you don't truly know how the business side of the whole dealership works. No disrespect...but, that appears to be the case. So, that is why you use the statements that you do.

So, when I'm buying Accessories.....Sales negotiates what I want with Parts....and my money spent...goes to...PARTS. Not to sales. Sales gets paid for the car....from me....Parts gets paid for what I had put on the car...from me.
Part of the total price on my Purchase Order.

They are like separate businesses run within the Dealership "Company." The "moneys" are not mixed together when buying a car. Sales facilitates what I want from Parts/Accessories....and discounted Labor....and they get paid
by me....further down in the Purchase Order where it says...Accessories/Labor etc. It's NOT part of the price I'm paying for the RDX. That was negotiated first. If you read my earlier post on buying....I stated all that. The extras
come later....AFTER the discount for the RDX. Then add parts, etc. But, that Parts money goes to the "Parts Dept's" business end of the dealership, not to Sales.
You should think about the offer they gave you for your used 2017 RDX tech which you think they will pay $2k to make a CPO bringing it up to $34-35k all in for the dealer and look at how much they are selling a brand new 2018 RDX tech right now and you will realize there is a flaw logically. Look up how much Edmunds is listing as the price promise discount on a brand new 2018 RDX - it's $7k off here in the DC area and about $5k in Colorado which makes a brand new 2018 RDX tech the same price you think they paid for your used 2017 - leaving very little to no room for profit. The profit has to come from somewhere, right? Here's a 2018 CPO RDX tech with 5k miles in Colorado asking for $35,800, and I'd bet they would go lower. https://www.courtesyacuralittleton.c...tb4h55jl006506 Did you see these? Market value differs from what KBB and Edmunds says your trade is worth. You have to compare it from all angles. If the dealer is asking for $800 more on a car that is a year newer than the amount they effectively gave you in trade (if they actually pay $2k to CPO a car), I'd know something doesn't add up. That's why I mentioned it would be nice to see a carmax offer. They offer pretty much real wholesale/tradein value and will buy your car no matter what. I have a feeling if you told your GM after he offered you $33k, I just want to sell you my trade-in and call it a day, the deal would have been off. No matter how much you think you negotiated every aspect of the deal separately, they are not haha.

Sales 'pays' service to recondition trade ins. Dealerships aren't dumb and in the business of losing money like you said. Accounting in a dealership is separate, I know that. But the dealership is going to make money from one end or the other. The owner will make sure that happens. If that means you throw in a remote starter for "free" to close a deal because they don't want to look like they are taking $4k off a brand new 2019 that just hit the showroom, it happens. It doesn't matter to me if the dealership books are written up that sales "paid" service $500 for the remote starter. Like someone else mentioned, I never cared how the sales order was written up, they can charge me a $10k doc fee as long as the out the door price is what I'm looking for. Virginia actually charges about $700 doc fee and Maryland is about $300...Somehow the out the door prices end up about the same...lol

What I'm saying is there is about $4-5k in 'fluff' in the RDX with the $1000 loyalty incentive. If you're a good negotiator, you get it. If not, you leave paying MSRP thinking a discount is impossible lol. Looks like you got it, which may have been a result of your negotiating and loyalty to this dealership as well. If you were coming back every 2 years to trade in and buy new at my dealership, I'd make sure you were treated right as well and didn't leave feeling like you got taken advantage of. Especially, if you were easy to work with and closed the deal with little back and forth. A lot of people hold out for a bigger discount, you seem to accept the good discount when you see it and move on. Others like to squeeze a couple hundred dollars more, even if it means waiting weeks.

Anyways, I guess the only way we'll know is to wait and see. I'm guessing December we will see the 'real' discounts showing up. Especially, if they are close to hitting sales targets for the year and want to make sure it happens. We gotta check back in end of December and see if my $4-5k prediction is right haha.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went dealer today, they offered me $450 off on aspec allwheel drive , but I didn’t take it. What y’all think ?
Old 07-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Jin Huang
went dealer today, they offered me $450 off on aspec allwheel drive , but I didn’t take it. What y’all think ?
You should be ablento get $2k off if you are negotiating with them. That is an easy discount available IMHO.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Anyways, I guess the only way we'll know is to wait and see. I'm guessing December we will see the 'real' discounts showing up. Especially, if they are close to hitting sales targets for the year and want to make sure it happens. We gotta check back in end of December and see if my $4-5k prediction is right haha.
Agree. If TODAY, you can buy 2019 RDX $1-2K under MSRP when its so "hot", thats a sure sign that prices will go to what I consider "normal" Acura pricing in Nov/Dec.
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (11-18-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 09:32 AM
Racer

Agree. If TODAY, you can buy 2019 RDX $1-2K under MSRP when its so "hot", thats a sure sign that prices will go to what I consider "normal" Acura pricing in Nov/Dec.
Just checked today and the Edmunds price promise is up to $750 from $100 in DC area. With the loyalty incentive, thats $1750 off with 0 negotiation after only 1 month of the RDX being on sale. The Edmunds price is basically the starting point for the negotiations and they would go a bit lower since now you have the knowledge that anyone off the street can get that price.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Wellll, wasn’t planning on doing anything more than a test drive; but now have a Modern Steel Advance FWD with Greystone interior (Dark grey piping), parked in our garage. Got $2000 off msrp and cargo cover and cargo tray at no cost. No trade in.

(HOU-RL, I know you would have gotten a better deal for us. We were all set on a WDP/Parchment, but when we saw this combo (which you can not configure on the Acura “build it” site, both my husband and I got bit by the “buy me” bug.)

will post pics pics when I can figure out how . Truly an elegant combo... very classy.
The following 8 users liked this post by TxLady:
billyt1963 (07-15-2018), Colorado Guy AF Ret. (07-14-2018), FauxPaws (07-15-2018), GW208 (07-14-2018), Madd Dog (07-15-2018), oblio98 (07-14-2018), Outfitter (07-15-2018), Rocket_man (08-06-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Racer

Wellll, wasn’t planning on doing anything more than a test drive; but now have a Modern Steel Advance FWD with Greystone interior (Dark grey piping), parked in our garage. Got $2000 off msrp and cargo cover and cargo tray at no cost. No trade in.

(HOU-RL, I know you would have gotten a better deal for us. We were all set on a WDP/Parchment, but when we saw this combo (which you can not configure on the Acura “build it” site, both my husband and I got bit by the “buy me” bug.)

will post pics pics when I can figure out how . Truly an elegant combo... very classy.
Congrats! Did you get the loyalty incentive or military, etc.?
Old 07-14-2018, 10:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually you can configure that combination on the "build-it" site - but the site is a bit confusing...
You choose from available color combinations first, then the powertrain, then packages.
But if you select the Advanced package and then go back to colors you will see that the color combinations have changed. Easier to see the combinations available with each package in the brochure.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:06 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Cool

You should think about the offer they gave you for your used 2017 RDX tech which you think they will pay $2k to make a CPO bringing it up to $34-35k all in for the dealer and look at how much they are selling a brand new 2018 RDX tech right now and you will realize there is a flaw logically. Look up how much Edmunds is listing as the price promise discount on a brand new 2018 RDX - it's $7k off here in the DC area and about $5k in Colorado which makes a brand new 2018 RDX tech the same price you think they paid for your used 2017 - leaving very little to no room for profit. The profit has to come from somewhere, right? Here's a 2018 CPO RDX tech with 5k miles in Colorado asking for $35,800, and I'd bet they would go lower. https://www.courtesyacuralittleton.c...tb4h55jl006506 Did you see these? Market value differs from what KBB and Edmunds says your trade is worth. You have to compare it from all angles. If the dealer is asking for $800 more on a car that is a year newer than the amount they effectively gave you in trade (if they actually pay $2k to CPO a car), I'd know something doesn't add up. That's why I mentioned it would be nice to see a carmax offer. They offer pretty much real wholesale/tradein value and will buy your car no matter what. I have a feeling if you told your GM after he offered you $33k, I just want to sell you my trade-in and call it a day, the deal would have been off. No matter how much you think you negotiated every aspect of the deal separately, they are not haha.

Sales 'pays' service to recondition trade ins. Dealerships aren't dumb and in the business of losing money like you said. Accounting in a dealership is separate, I know that. But the dealership is going to make money from one end or the other. The owner will make sure that happens. If that means you throw in a remote starter for "free" to close a deal because they don't want to look like they are taking $4k off a brand new 2019 that just hit the showroom, it happens. It doesn't matter to me if the dealership books are written up that sales "paid" service $500 for the remote starter. Like someone else mentioned, I never cared how the sales order was written up, they can charge me a $10k doc fee as long as the out the door price is what I'm looking for. Virginia actually charges about $700 doc fee and Maryland is about $300...Somehow the out the door prices end up about the same...lol

What I'm saying is there is about $4-5k in 'fluff' in the RDX with the $1000 loyalty incentive. If you're a good negotiator, you get it. If not, you leave paying MSRP thinking a discount is impossible lol. Looks like you got it, which may have been a result of your negotiating and loyalty to this dealership as well. If you were coming back every 2 years to trade in and buy new at my dealership, I'd make sure you were treated right as well and didn't leave feeling like you got taken advantage of. Especially, if you were easy to work with and closed the deal with little back and forth. A lot of people hold out for a bigger discount, you seem to accept the good discount when you see it and move on. Others like to squeeze a couple hundred dollars more, even if it means waiting weeks.

NO...YOU are wrong. The deal would NOT have been OFF. What are you talking about...really, YOU don't know what you are talking about. It was most certainly 2 separate negotiations. What's so hard for you to understand
about that?? I explained it pretty well....and you muddied it up for folks....to make it sound like what I said....and got....and did was not really true. It was and just read this below.

Will the '19 RDX's go for more of a discount....IN SOME PLACES....later in the year...MAYBE....we'll have to wait and see. But, NO WAY are they going to sell for the "pie in the sky" price a few here think...$4-5K off MSRP!! NO!!!
Just because the '18's are....has nothing to do with what the '19's will be selling for later this year. The almost $2K I got straight off the MSRP was a great deal....and I KNOW most of the RDX's leaving there were not sold for that
much of a discount. Oh, never say never....but, it's rare indeed. There's some reasons I got the price I did...and other's most likely would not.....but, that's my personal info. You'll guess, but, you'd be wrong.
$450-500 off is about std. Then they came out with the loyalty deal....$1K off. So, not for everyone....obviously. I know some dealers are sticking with MSRP...non loyalty $$ for many.....and they are getting it. Some are doing
the $500...non loyalty folks. Many are selling at that price. IF you have access to "buying clubs" etc, then yes, some extra discounting there.

The other day...the AVERAGE True Car price in my area was trending....ABOVE the MSRP!! Choke on that one!! LOL!!

You are getting far too deep in the "weeds" on my deal. I could care less what the 18's are selling for. Here are 3 facts of my deal.

1. I received $33K for my 17 RDX Tech with 5,200 miles and never saw the snow. It was a gem. This amount was settled on AFTER I negotiated the price of the '19. What' so hard to understand about that? That's exactly what
I received.
2. I got exactly $1,979 directly off the MSRP of the '19 RDX. That was settled on BEFORE we ever talked about my trade.
3. I verified my receiving 25% off any and all accessories, plus discounted labor.

They made my '17 a CPO car...by their choice and that comes after I'm done and gone. They work with Acura, pay their CPO price....go through the multi steps of check out, etc. Then put their sell price on it. Never saw what it was
and it doesn't matter. They didn't have time to list it, since it sold very quickly. My trades always do.

So, I don't care what '18 RDX Tech's are selling for. What you can't seem to understand is what I exactly got for my '17 Tech!! IF a GM makes the offer of a certain amount that's his choice....it happened to be what I was
wanting and I happily said.yes. And, again, this was AFTER we settled on the sales price of the new RDX.

And I'll repeat...which is below.....IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE JUST TO SELL MY '17 RDX Tech with 5,200 miles, I WOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME AMOUNT. Why would I have to
go to Car Max??? Why? I KNOW they would NOT have given that amount for it. Period!! So, your statement about that makes no sense. How do I know.....I've sold Acuras to my GM before. No trades...just selling my vehicle.
I KNOW what I can get...'cause I got what I wanted more than once. Nothing to do with buying a new Acura....just selling the one I owned.

I know my GM well enough....to know that IF I were only just selling him my '17 I would have received $33K for it. He loves my vehicles. No wear...little use....and always sell fast.

It was a very fair price. Don't forget, it was $33K that included the "rare A-Spec wheels" I had on it. It was $32K without them. Which is what I wanted....but, he surprised me with the extra $1k for the wheels/tires.

Don't know what you think you know about my deal....but, it was no "slight of hand" going on.....I'm smarter than that. Been doing this a LONG time. 37 new vehicles bought, 65 total vehicles bought.
5 Acuras in 5 yrs from my dealer. I know how to make a deal.

I was at my limit with the discount I received. You don't think I tried for a little more? You don't know me...you weren't sitting there.

The issue IS....2 separate negotiations. Just like I explained. Where it gets more difficult for most people to understand just what they are paying....IS WHEN YOU NEGOTIATE OVER THE "DIFFERENCE" IN $$ BETWEEN THE
NEW CAR AND THE TRADE!!! Then people really get lost on what they really paid, etc, etc. I stopped doing that many years ago.

This is NOT rocket science, once you learn who to talk to, and how to approach the whole thing. I got a great discount so early in this new model year....and I got a very fair price for my trade. That's all anyone needs to know
and understand....and how I went about doing it all. AND that's what I explained in my posting.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:09 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts

Great job! Looking forward to seeing the pictures
Old 07-15-2018, 12:35 AM
Pro

Received 543 Likes on 256 Posts
Today in Los Angeles purchased a DWP/Black SH-awd Advance. $1,500 discount plus $1,000 loyalty. For my trade I received just a few hundred dollars below Edmunds estimate. Very easy negotiation. No hassle at all. What a wonderful vehicle. Got more approving looks today than I received in my TLX A-spec over the last 6 months. Folks do seem to love SUVs.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 AM
Racer

NO...YOU are wrong. The deal would NOT have been OFF. What are you talking about...really, YOU don't know what you are talking about. It was most certainly 2 separate negotiations. What's so hard for you to understand
about that?? I explained it pretty well....and you muddied it up for folks....to make it sound like what I said....and got....and did was not really true. It was and just read this below.

Will the '19 RDX's go for more of a discount....IN SOME PLACES....later in the year...MAYBE....we'll have to wait and see. But, NO WAY are they going to sell for the "pie in the sky" price a few here think...$4-5K off MSRP!! NO!!!
Just because the '18's are....has nothing to do with what the '19's will be selling for later this year. The almost $2K I got straight off the MSRP was a great deal....and I KNOW most of the RDX's leaving there were not sold for that
much of a discount. Oh, never say never....but, it's rare indeed. There's some reasons I got the price I did...and other's most likely would not.....but, that's my personal info. You'll guess, but, you'd be wrong.
$450-500 off is about std. Then they came out with the loyalty deal....$1K off. So, not for everyone....obviously. I know some dealers are sticking with MSRP...non loyalty $$ for many.....and they are getting it. Some are doing
the $500...non loyalty folks. Many are selling at that price. IF you have access to "buying clubs" etc, then yes, some extra discounting there.

The other day...the AVERAGE True Car price in my area was trending....ABOVE the MSRP!! Choke on that one!! LOL!!

You are getting far too deep in the "weeds" on my deal. I could care less what the 18's are selling for. Here are 3 facts of my deal.

1. I received $33K for my 17 RDX Tech with 5,200 miles and never saw the snow. It was a gem. This amount was settled on AFTER I negotiated the price of the '19. What' so hard to understand about that? That's exactly what
I received.
2. I got exactly $1,979 directly off the MSRP of the '19 RDX. That was settled on BEFORE we ever talked about my trade.
3. I verified my receiving 25% off any and all accessories, plus discounted labor.

They made my '17 a CPO car...by their choice and that comes after I'm done and gone. They work with Acura, pay their CPO price....go through the multi steps of check out, etc. Then put their sell price on it. Never saw what it was
and it doesn't matter. They didn't have time to list it, since it sold very quickly. My trades always do.

So, I don't care what '18 RDX Tech's are selling for. What you can't seem to understand is what I exactly got for my '17 Tech!! IF a GM makes the offer of a certain amount that's his choice....it happened to be what I was
wanting and I happily said.yes. And, again, this was AFTER we settled on the sales price of the new RDX.

And I'll repeat...which is below.....IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE JUST TO SELL MY '17 RDX Tech with 5,200 miles, I WOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME AMOUNT. Why would I have to
go to Car Max??? Why? I KNOW they would NOT have given that amount for it. Period!! So, your statement about that makes no sense. How do I know.....I've sold Acuras to my GM before. No trades...just selling my vehicle.
I KNOW what I can get...'cause I got what I wanted more than once. Nothing to do with buying a new Acura....just selling the one I owned.

I know my GM well enough....to know that IF I were only just selling him my '17 I would have received $33K for it. He loves my vehicles. No wear...little use....and always sell fast.

It was a very fair price. Don't forget, it was $33K that included the "rare A-Spec wheels" I had on it. It was $32K without them. Which is what I wanted....but, he surprised me with the extra $1k for the wheels/tires.

Don't know what you think you know about my deal....but, it was no "slight of hand" going on.....I'm smarter than that. Been doing this a LONG time. 37 new vehicles bought, 65 total vehicles bought.
5 Acuras in 5 yrs from my dealer. I know how to make a deal.

I was at my limit with the discount I received. You don't think I tried for a little more? You don't know me...you weren't sitting there.

The issue IS....2 separate negotiations. Just like I explained. Where it gets more difficult for most people to understand just what they are paying....IS WHEN YOU NEGOTIATE OVER THE "DIFFERENCE" IN $$ BETWEEN THE
NEW CAR AND THE TRADE!!! Then people really get lost on what they really paid, etc, etc. I stopped doing that many years ago.

This is NOT rocket science, once you learn who to talk to, and how to approach the whole thing. I got a great discount so early in this new model year....and I got a very fair price for my trade. That's all anyone needs to know
and understand....and how I went about doing it all. AND that's what I explained in my posting.
I showed proof of what the market asking price of a used 2018 RDX tech with 5000 miles is in Colorado. You wouldn't pay more for a meticulously maintained used car over a brand new car, right? Why would a dealership pay more for a trade than what they can sell or even list as the asking price? Unless there was still profit somewhere else in the deal? Like you said, this is not rocket science, I don't know what is so hard to understand. The profit is in the 2019 RDX. I'm not muddying up anything, just using logic. You're saying you don't care what they sold your trade in for and I'm saying logically it would help to understand how much additional profit is in the deal. Since the 2018 CPO is listed for $35k and they paid $33k for your 2017, if they sold your trade in for $33k you would know something is up, right? Or, do you think your GM just likes you so much that he would sell your trade in on consignment for 0 fee? Dealerships aren't in the business of buying cars for more than they sell them for (ignoring the concept of manufacturer kickbacks/bonuses for volume lol). I hope you don't label me a troll since I'm encouraging critical thinking on how a dealership might structure a deal to provide insight into possible future discounts...lol

Now we're seeing $2500 off within a month and a half of release. I'm sticking with the 'pie in the sky' $4-5k off in December lol. Only another $1500 off and we're there...lol
Old 07-15-2018, 05:50 AM
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats on the new ride, sounds like a great color combo too!
Old 07-15-2018, 06:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Wellll, wasn’t planning on doing anything more than a test drive; but now have a Modern Steel Advance FWD with Greystone interior (Dark grey piping), parked in our garage...
I'm (kind of) jealous. That color combo was my 1(a) choice with WDP/Parchment being 1(b) - basically a coin toss. My dealer was able to 'divert' a WDP scheduled to build today vs a MS in about a month so I 'settled' for a WDP. Make a decision and don't look back. Here in 'salt country' the WDP will be easier to keep clean in the winter.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:32 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts

Congrats, Lady, enjoy it in good health!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:19 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Congratulations. I am glad you found something y’all liked.

Billy
Old 07-15-2018, 08:48 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Congratulations on finding a car and price that makes you happy. I think you got a good deal for the current market and I would not have been able to get but another $500 off depending on the dealer currently. I am sure you will love it as I do my 6 day old car also. I have been so busy I haven't had time to just read the manual and learn all of the features. I plan to do that today and i suggest you read the manual also. I look forward to seeing pictures of your car soon.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1stRDX?
Actually you can configure that combination on the "build-it" site - but the site is a bit confusing...
You choose from available color combinations first, then the powertrain, then packages.
But if you select the Advanced package and then go back to colors you will see that the color combinations have changed. Easier to see the combinations available with each package in the brochure.
Yep...I see it now. . We were really taken by this combo. My main car before this purchase was an Amphrasite with Ebony interior (Acura TL). The Texas heat would fry your buns after returning from a parked car during our Texas summers (100+). Hoping the lighter interior will offer some relief. The dark grey has always been great regarding dirt. We could go two-three weeks between washings and it still looks great (hides Texas dust well) between washings. It will now go to a granddaughter who just got her license.

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX