Multi system Failure in cold weather

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 08:33 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Multi system Failure in cold weather

Just wondering if this happened to anyone else..I started my car the other day and my dash just lights up with all these errors (see here for video to see them pop up one after another) that have never showed up before. Among a variety of different errors the car lost its AWD ability and was FWD only, no VSC either and it was stuck in sport mode on a snowing and icy day. I thought this might be a one off glitch or something so I turned off the car, waited and started it again and the same errors came up. I managed to get the car to the dealership and they said this is common thing that occurs with these new RDXs that the battery fails and the electronic systems go all haywire which was shocking to me. For one, my battery has had zero issues starting this winter (just went through a couple weeks of brutal cold with the whole polar vortex) and second, this car is less than 6 months old so I'm not sure how they can say the battery can fail this quickly. After telling me this is a common issue with the 19 RDX's they do a battery health test and it comes back at 100% but something called "battery state of charge" was at 0%. How that occurred I have no idea. Then they claimed my engine was flooded...Again how this can occur when I've had zero issues starting the car or driving it in any condition before this occurred. They told me to never boost a car with the 19 RDXs (I had done this once with my 15' TLX 3 weeks prior but again NO issues even after boosting another car). They ended up simply charging the battery and doing an oil change and claimed the car should be fine now. Has this happened to any one else and what did your dealer end up doing to fix the problem ? Im just so curious to how this even happened since I have had no issues at all since getting the car!