Issues so far

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 06:08 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Issues so far

Hi, this is the first Acura I've ever owned and while I've really enjoyed it so far, I've had to take it in to the dealership 3 times so far for repairs.

1) Brakes squealing, which the dealership changed out.
2) Plastic on the driver side interior coming off as well as the same happening inside the trunk. Also the trunk making a wheezing sound when opening or closing...the dealership replaced the lift gate motor.
3) The moon roof lid stopped working. Driving home with the wife, opened the moon roof and now it won't close. Scheduled an appointment to take it in for repair.

I've never owned a car with this many issues under 6 months of ownership and only 5000+ miles driven.
I've been a Toyota driver my entire adult life and I thought Honda / Acura reliability was supposed to be on par.

As I said above, I've really enjoyed this car, but all these issues are making me less confident and it's to the point I'm always waiting for the next thing to break down.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
That's unfortunate. And it would bother me too. Knock on wood, one thousand miles and no issues at all. Just a dream car. Maybe once you work through these, things will work out for you. I've had each generation RDX and they've been amazingly trouble free and reliable.
The following users liked this post:
Logan510 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Logan510
Hi, this is the first Acura I've ever owned and while I've really enjoyed it so far, I've had to take it in to the dealership 3 times so far for repairs.

1) Brakes squealing, which the dealership changed out.
2) Plastic on the driver side interior coming off as well as the same happening inside the trunk. Also the trunk making a wheezing sound when opening or closing...the dealership replaced the lift gate motor.
3) The moon roof lid stopped working. Driving home with the wife, opened the moon roof and now it won't close. Scheduled an appointment to take it in for repair.

I've never owned a car with this many issues under 6 months of ownership and only 5000+ miles driven.
I've been a Toyota driver my entire adult life and I thought Honda / Acura reliability was supposed to be on par.

As I said above, I've really enjoyed this car, but all these issues are making me less confident and it's to the point I'm always waiting for the next thing to break down.

while others have reported brakes squeaking, I don’t think this is a major issue. It seems to be when it’s cold and sometimes cold metal on cold metal makes noises.

plastics are held on with clips. Maybe a broken clip or a loose clip and resolved by pressing it back into place.

There was a known issue with sunroof relearning - see the thread with onepack updates. Most likely just need to rein the relearn.

easy peasy.
Logan510 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 06:34 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12

while others have reported brakes squeaking, I don’t think this is a major issue. It seems to be when it’s cold and sometimes cold metal on cold metal makes noises.

plastics are held on with clips. Maybe a broken clip or a loose clip and resolved by pressing it back into place.

There was a known issue with sunroof relearning - see the thread with onepack updates. Most likely just need to rein the relearn.

easy peasy.
Hi, I appreciate the response. I might try the sunroof thing you mention, but the button is dead. When I toggle it nothing happens at all, I don't even hear an audible click of a motor trying to do something.

Kind regards
Old 11-22-2018, 07:48 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12

easy peasy.
Hi, just wanted to say thank you. I found the video and did the relearn process for the sunroof and it's working properly again.

I really appreciate the help, thanks again!
GW208 (11-22-2018)