asymmetric BLIS

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 09:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
asymmetric BLIS

I have been bothered by the following issue but didn't want to post without first checking the manual.

My BLIS (blind spot information system) display on the drivers side flashes whenever a car is in my "blind spot" (I say this because with correct adjustment of mirrors, there really isn't a blind spot).

However, on the passenger side, it works differently. It only lights up if I have the turn signal on AND there is a car in the blind spot. In other words, if the turn signal is off, there is no flashing.

Based on what I see in the manual, both should operate like the drivers side.

Can anyone confirm identical operation of both driver and passenger side BLIS indicators?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
From what I have experienced you get the light coming on constantly when there is a car in your blind spot, and once they get forward more, about the back of there car is at the front seats the light goes off, I don’t remember having flashing, I do know if I put my blinker on when a car is in my blind spot I hear some warning noises, mine work 100% the same on both sides, you may have a dirty covered sensor or something is wrong
The following users liked this post:
anoop (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 11:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by Dereileak
From what I have experienced you get the light coming on constantly when there is a car in your blind spot, and once they get forward more, about the back of there car is at the front seats the light goes off, I don’t remember having flashing, I do know if I put my blinker on when a car is in my blind spot I hear some warning noises, mine work 100% the same on both sides, you may have a dirty covered sensor or something is wrong
Thanks for confirming that both sides are same. One more thing to get checked at next service.

Here's what the manual says. I think I mixed up the flashing and the "on" cases. It's "on" when there's a vehicle in the blind spot, and flashes/beep if the turn signal is on as well.

For me, both work on drivers side, but only flash/beep works on passenger side. As a result, it does not sound like a sensor issue (otherwise neither "on" nor flash/beep would work).

Old 12-04-2018, 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
Thanks for confirming that both sides are same. One more thing to get checked at next service.

Here's what the manual says. I think I mixed up the flashing and the "on" cases. It's "on" when there's a vehicle in the blind spot, and flashes/beep if the turn signal is on as well.

For me, both work on drivers side, but only flash/beep works on passenger side. As a result, it does not sound like a sensor issue (otherwise neither "on" nor flash/beep would work).

That is odd, yea your passenger should be solid when someone is in your blind spot, sounds like a trip to the dealer