AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Technology (https://acurazine.com/forums/technology-16/)
-   -   Thought about the new Palm pre? (https://acurazine.com/forums/technology-16/thought-about-new-palm-pre-704342/)

Ken1997TL 10-26-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by vas25tl (Post 12445362)
I just got another replacement Pre (#5 since June of 2009) and the screen doesn't lock up when it's next to my ear. All of them did it before and I can't find any settings for it. Anyone have any clue how to change that setting? :dunno:

Sounds like a bad proximity sensor :whyme:

Wife and I are still on our original Pre's since summer of '09

Ken1997TL 10-26-2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA (Post 12430429)
Engadget says its a good OS but in dire need of some powerful hardware. that screen has got to go. It's sooo 2008.

It's the best mobile OS in my opinion, it has been unfortunately held back by cheap hardware/build quality.

Now that HP is in the picture that may change :shrug:

OLD_HATCH 10-26-2010 08:48 PM

I'm on lucky number 7 lol.

bad proximity sensor maybe??? There's no setting for it. Go into device info and look in the menu for tests. I think there's one there for the proximity sensor. If it fails take it in and show em. They'll probably try to hard reset it and send you on your way.

you can always try the webosdoctor to see if it's software related.

vas25tl 10-27-2010 10:19 AM

You gotta be kidding me! I got a defected replacement phone.

I'm writing a formal customer complaint today, I'm so fed up with this damn Pre. I have had this one for a week and already it's not sending any e-mails with attachments, dropping calls, I hit random buttons when I'm talking, etc.

:rant:

DarkSithCL 11-05-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by vas25tl (Post 12446456)
You gotta be kidding me! I got a defected replacement phone.

I'm writing a formal customer complaint today, I'm so fed up with this damn Pre. I have had this one for a week and already it's not sending any e-mails with attachments, dropping calls, I hit random buttons when I'm talking, etc.

:rant:

...the Pre is such poor hardware... what we they thinking?...:tomato:

OLD_HATCH 11-05-2010 03:24 PM

yup. It feels so cheap in your hands.

on a lighter note I'm about to turn my Sprint Pre minus into a Sprint Pre Plus. :)

vas25tl 11-09-2010 10:05 AM

#6 Palm Pre is coming today! :rofl:

What a piece....

Going to AT&T in 2 weeks and getting iPhones for everyone and dumping all the Palm's. I'm done.

DarkSithCL 11-09-2010 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by vas25tl (Post 12477676)
#6 Palm Pre is coming today! :rofl:

What a piece....

Going to AT&T in 2 weeks and getting iPhones for everyone and dumping all the Palm's. I'm done.

I would've gone over]r to att but their service in our area was too sketchy and there is zero service at our home in the country... :yuck:

The android rules now, so I am really happy with my EVO and my son is rocking the Pre until it goes away again for good...:tomato:

DarkSithCL 11-09-2010 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH (Post 12469729)
yup. It feels so cheap in your hands.

on a lighter note I'm about to turn my Sprint Pre minus into a Sprint Pre Plus. :)

zing! :thumbsup:

vas25tl 11-09-2010 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL (Post 12478277)
I would've gone over]r to att but their service in our area was too sketchy and there is zero service at our home in the country... :yuck:

The android rules now, so I am really happy with my EVO and my son is rocking the Pre until it goes away again for good...:tomato:

I like the Evo but my main concerns are:
A - battery life - same issues as the Pre
B - It's just not as "smooth" and user friendly as the iPhone.

I'm going to have friends over with the iPhone at home first to see their service...then I'll make a decision.

OLD_HATCH 11-09-2010 08:14 PM

ive been thinking about the Evo, but I'll wait and see till CES.

I really like HuevOS, but it lacks so many simple features, and thats getting old. Even with this 2.0 update coming there really isnt much coming. I mean you cant even send and receive files over bluetooth. The cheap free phones you get on Sprint do this, but my so called "smart phone" can not. :(

DC3328 11-09-2010 09:48 PM

i switched to verizon and got the Samsung Fascinate, great phone! the UI is a lot more intuitive than motoblur, thats why i didnt end up with a droid. it actually resembles an iphone. battery life is way better than the pre. android is awesome even though i do miss some of the features from webos. overall im happy with the switch

Ken1997TL 11-09-2010 09:55 PM

BTW, ever since I overclocked our Pre's to 800/500 MHZ the battery life has dramatically improved.

OLD_HATCH 11-11-2010 08:20 AM

yeah I noticed that too. Unfortunately 1Ghz does not. :(