Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

T-Mobile Shadow

Old 07-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
T-Mobile Shadow

I have a bit of a problem. I picked this phone up about 1 month ago. T-mobile has a 14 day return policy. Now I knew going into it that the battery life was not that good. But I have had other phones where people said that the battery life was not that good. But this is rediculous. I have to recharge my phone every night. If I don't, it dies mid day. This is with very light use. Very minimal internet usage. I would say no more than 10-15 texts a day (if that).

The phone freezes up on me all of the time. It likes to not receive calls. It shut off one time and didn't come on for a day, even after being on the charger all day. As luck would have it, when I was on the phone with T-Mobile about that problem, it turned on. It drops calls to landlines with max reception bars. I am just really dissatisfied with this phone. I know if I call T-mobile they are going to want to try and replace the phone with a refurb. Which is NOT what I want. I do not like the phone near as much as I thought I would.

Is there anyway that T-Mobile will work with me and let me send my phone back to them? If they will let me replace it, it is going to get replaced with the Curve (which is what I should have gotten in the first place.). I have been with T-Mobile for 5-6 years. So I am hoping they would cut me a little slack.

The only thing I can think to do is explain my situation to them and tell them that I do not want to replace the phone with the same phone. Outsides of telling them to just cancel my contract. (Would not mind having the new iPhone).

But if this whole ordeal costs me the 250 dollar cancellation fee, then so be it. I just didn't want to go to that extreme.

Anyone have any pointers before I call them?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SwervinCL
I have a bit of a problem. I picked this phone up about 1 month ago. T-mobile has a 14 day return policy. Now I knew going into it that the battery life was not that good. But I have had other phones where people said that the battery life was not that good. But this is rediculous. I have to recharge my phone every night. If I don't, it dies mid day. This is with very light use. Very minimal internet usage. I would say no more than 10-15 texts a day (if that).

The phone freezes up on me all of the time. It likes to not receive calls. It shut off one time and didn't come on for a day, even after being on the charger all day. As luck would have it, when I was on the phone with T-Mobile about that problem, it turned on. It drops calls to landlines with max reception bars. I am just really dissatisfied with this phone. I know if I call T-mobile they are going to want to try and replace the phone with a refurb. Which is NOT what I want. I do not like the phone near as much as I thought I would.

Is there anyway that T-Mobile will work with me and let me send my phone back to them? If they will let me replace it, it is going to get replaced with the Curve (which is what I should have gotten in the first place.). I have been with T-Mobile for 5-6 years. So I am hoping they would cut me a little slack.

The only thing I can think to do is explain my situation to them and tell them that I do not want to replace the phone with the same phone. Outsides of telling them to just cancel my contract. (Would not mind having the new iPhone).

But if this whole ordeal costs me the 250 dollar cancellation fee, then so be it. I just didn't want to go to that extreme.

Anyone have any pointers before I call them?
I know its alittle late butttt:

You may have to call multiple times until you finally get the right person. They can also do things to help you out, it just matters if they want to or not. If you have been with the company for 5 years they will be more willing to help you. I've also found that if you speak to the departments that handle cancellations they our more eager to offer help and compensation. However if you get someone that is not, you might end up having to pull the trigger. Just explain your situation offer to send the phone back and see how it goes.

However, I could tell you, that you're probably NOT going to get a new iphone for free.

Also: You should check hofo, (http://www.howardforums.com) to see if they have any fixes or software updates. That shit has been mention numerous times on this board, and I can't stress enough how good that forum really is. Check it out.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

I was not looking to get the new iPhone for free. I would have had to cancel service with t-mobile and go open up new service with ATT and pay full price for it.

I called t-mobile and told them that I was going to cancel and they best they could do was 100 bucks for the curve and they were out. So, thats where I left it. I will pester them some more.