Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Sprint Bluetooth Update for LG 325

Old 10-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprint Bluetooth Update for LG 325

I called Sprint yesterday and they confirmed that the LG 325 will be out in October. The representative had no idea on the specific date it would be released or the price. Anyway, just wanted to update people waiting on this phone. It's interesting how we know more than Sprint. If anybody knows any more detailed information, please let us know. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Love my TL

Originally Posted by zalik22
I called Sprint yesterday and they confirmed that the LG 325 will be out in October. The representative had no idea on the specific date it would be released or the price. Anyway, just wanted to update people waiting on this phone. It's interesting how we know more than Sprint. If anybody knows any more detailed information, please let us know. Thanks.
I've been waiting for this phone for months. I hope its worth the wait.....
Old 10-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Safety Car

i couldn't wait anymore, had to switch providers.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Love my TL

Did they say when in October?
thanks
Old 10-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Advanced

Yes Sprint will have the LG PM-325 Out this month price starts at 249.99 it is in the system already just waiting for the phones to show up in the stores e-mail me @1FastS4@earthlink.net if you want me to let you know when they are in stock. I am the Tech for Sprint PCS.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Cruisin'

Sprint Pcs Bluetooth Lg 325

I spoke to Telesales and they said it was moved back to November.
Last month I was told the first week of October.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Instructor

This might be off topic for this thread but here goes. I personally am sick and tired of the runaround and lack of information that Sprint provides so I started looking around to other companies. I share my minutes with 3 other phones so I need a family plan. Cingular not only has a nationwide family plan with more minutes than Sprint, but they are also $20 a month cheaper and I can roillover my unused minutes. So, it looks like I am going to jump from the Sprint ship and switch. Here is the only thing stopping me right now; I spent a good 30 minutes on the phone with their Customer Service and he checked locations of cell towers in relation to where the phones will be. He actually gave me the intertsections of where they are located. But then he suggested I wait till November. He said AT&T and Cingular are merging and they will be coming out with about 20 new phones to accomodate the new sim card that will be able to hold twice as much memory as the old sim card.

Does anyone else know anything about this? He said the new sim card will include all of the Cingular as well as the AT&T cell tower info for much better performance. So, is it worth the wait or now? They have a great little BT phone.....SE T637! Anyone happy with this phone?

H
Old 10-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Due to the new policy, We will move this thread to Mobile Phones & Service sub-Forum, under Ramblings.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I called up LG and inquired as to the release date of the LG-PM325. I was told Nov. 1, he said it may be released from LG to Sprint earlier and it would be up to Sprint to determine when the stores will get them.

So the way I understand it Nov 1 is a rough time, may be sooner, may be later (knock on wood).

I just want this phone, now.

Old 10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Mobile on demand Agent

where did you find the spec for this phone

Dude, I went to lgusa.com and also to sprintpcs.com, and even google the LG-PM325, nothing was found anywhere.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Sprint reps said it will be out in mid Novemeber at Radio Shack (it's supposedly on the flyer). I am not sure if there are specs out yet, but it will be bluetooth. It's supposed to retail for $230.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Cruisin'

I just got of the phone with Sprint. I called the phone number to order a Sprint phone with Bluetooth and the rep told me to look for it at the end of November.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Aspector Gadget
I called up LG and inquired as to the release date of the LG-PM325. I was told Nov. 1, he said it may be released from LG to Sprint earlier and it would be up to Sprint to determine when the stores will get them.

So the way I understand it Nov 1 is a rough time, may be sooner, may be later (knock on wood).

I just want this phone, now.

I hope you didnt knock on the woodtrim in your 04 TL, lol Fake wood Wont give u any luck lol j/k

Why did Sprint Discontinue that Sony Ericsson T608 or whatever.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

Originally Posted by 1FastS4.Com
Yes Sprint will have the LG PM-325 Out this month price starts at 249.99 it is in the system already just waiting for the phones to show up in the stores e-mail me @1FastS4@earthlink.net if you want me to let you know when they are in stock. I am the Tech for Sprint PCS.

How about an update?

I have heard that radioshack will be selling them early or mid November, thats possibly one week from today, apparently it is on the new flyers that radioshack will put out on the 29th. And the starting price will be $229, $79 for new activations.

The camera has bluetooth and a camera.

Here is a large scan of some sprint flyer. The LG 325 is in the middle row under "Camera Phones"

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/txmotor...xible20002.JPG
Old 10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Advanced

nohting comes up when you click that link!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

Originally Posted by lookin4tl
nohting comes up when you click that link!!!
Try this one: http://www.angelfire.com/ult/txmotor...newphones.html
Old 10-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

I'm hoping this will be in stores soon. Here is the Novamber Flyer for Radioshack featuring the LG-PM325:

http://radioshack.dailyshopper.com/i...ircularid=5337
Old 10-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Cruisin'

I spoke with a manager at radio shack and gave him the Skew number from the add. He said if it has a skew number then it will be out (at least the add) any day. He said that they do not assign a number until it is ready to go.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:16 AM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

I saw the ad at the store. And the manager ran the product number but nothing came up. They said the largest stores always get the new phones first, a day or two. He had no clue when this phone would be out though.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Love my TL

I also contacted my local RadioShack and they said the catalog # 17-2619 is invalid. He told me that the adds are sent to print months in advance so the phone may be delayed a couple weeks. He told me that shipments come in Friday so try back.

I then called my local Sprint PCS store and it is not available there either. :wtf:
After months and months of waiting I guess I can wait a few more weeks.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Advanced

maybe someone can clear this up for me... I looked at the add in the RS catalog and the pictures on this site. The phone has a sliding plate, I guess, much like that Virgin Mobile phone put out a while back... It says in the add, "Slides down to reveal keypad." WHAT? It looks like the keypad is on the front and accessible all the time. What keypad are they talking about?? The part that seems to extend is the upper portion of the phone... Can someone explain this??
Old 11-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

I think the RS ad is a typo. Most slider phones out now have the screen slide over the keys and perhaps the typer figured this is what this phone does. When a normal slider phone is closed the keys are covered, acting as a key guard. But the screen is more suseptible to damage.

My best guess on how this phone will work: Sliding the phone shut will do two things, 1) protect much of the screen while leaving a small area to act as a caller id/clock/battery/signal screen and 2)cut connection to the keys, essentially making the keys "guarded" everytime it closes.

I talked to 5+ RS stores tonight, Sprint, and LG. LG has released the phones to sprint. Sprint and Radioshack are both saying middle of the month, (a couple of RS were saying call Friday when they get shipments in). So hopefully in a week or two we will have these phones.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Cruisin'

Lg Pm325

I just received the radio shack flyer in the main yesterday. It is exactly like the one that was put online the other day. Correct down to the page numbers. I call the corporate headquarters and they said although it is in the flier they will not be out until later in the month. I am returning my Sony t608 it works well but the battery and web is louse. Blue tooth is great. THe batter only lasts 8 to 10 hours on standby. Very weak.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

I called a local sprint store this morning and they said the LG-325 was shipped today. I also called the national 1-800- number and they still new nothing about a ship date.

I have also been wondering, does anybody really know if the bluetooth and battery life will be any better on this phone than the T608?

Lastly, is there a car charger available for the T608, I have had trouble finding one listed anywhere.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Cruisin'

New Sprint Bluetooth Phone Out Today

Just happened to be on Sprints Web Page and the new Pocket PC version with bluetooth just appeared. I think today (Saturday Nov6th) is the first day they are selling it. I was waiting for the LG 325 because I did not want to wait for the Treo 650 to use bluetooth. This was a surprise. I ordered it today it should be delivered to my work in 3 to 4 days. If anyone is interested I will post my impressions and connectivity success or lack thereof with my TL.

I had a Sony Er T608 for a few days. I like the blue tooth but the battery just would not last much more than 10 hours. Also the phone seemed old (slow with menus) no multimedia capabilities that I am used to with the Sanyo 5500 (non blue tooth phone).

The good thing is I can return it in 14 days if I am not happy with it.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Love my TL

Originally Posted by hodge
Just happened to be on Sprints Web Page and the new Pocket PC version with bluetooth just appeared. I think today (Saturday Nov6th) is the first day they are selling it. I was waiting for the LG 325 because I did not want to wait for the Treo 650 to use bluetooth. This was a surprise. I ordered it today it should be delivered to my work in 3 to 4 days. If anyone is interested I will post my impressions and connectivity success or lack thereof with my TL.

I had a Sony Er T608 for a few days. I like the blue tooth but the battery just would not last much more than 10 hours. Also the phone seemed old (slow with menus) no multimedia capabilities that I am used to with the Sanyo 5500 (non blue tooth phone).

The good thing is I can return it in 14 days if I am not happy with it.
What is the model # of the pocket PC phone with blue tooth? I looked on the sprintpcs site and couldn't find it. I did find a Toshiba 2032 but looking at the product details I do not see bluetooth listed as a feature.
thanks
Old 11-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

I pray this is BS.

I talked to the manager of the local RS today. He said they were starting to recieve things (car chargers, cases, and such) for the 325. But the computers still don't have the SKU number. He calls the warehouse and they tell him there is a delay from the manufacturer. And to look for the phones the first week of December. I asked about the price in the ad, and he gave me a raincheck.

Once again there are a lot of hear-says going around about this phone. And I hope this info is wrong. But I thought I should share it none-the-less.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

You can't buy it yet but it is on the sprint website.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/Ph...ectSkuId=lg325
Old 11-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Banned

It looks like it's set to launch this week. My friend who works at Sprint told me. So I'd say worst-case scenario would be next week at the latest. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
You can't buy it yet but it is on the sprint website.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/Ph...ectSkuId=lg325
I just looked at that and decided to call their 800 number. They still don't know when it will be available. I pointed out to her that there is a "special offer" on the phone that expires on November 13, and that today is November 15th!

She just giggled. She didn't have an answer for that one!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

Well the first person to get one better post an indepth review.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Advanced

Hey guys... does anyone know yet if the LG Bluetooth will be single or dual band? B/c typically Sprint's LG phones are normally single band.

Also i just got off the phone with a couple of Sprint stores where i live. (Raleigh/Durham) area and one said the end of next week. And the other said 1st of the month (meaning Dec.) So definitely keep your eye out for them. B/c they're COMING!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Cruisin'

I believe it was the Audiovox PPC 6601 (or something close like that) I bought it minutes after it appeared on their web page. (It was not on the consumer page but you had to link to it from the Sprint.com then choose business then choose phones then pda phones. I just went to their site and found it. See the link. It is a very cool device (although not many people seem to know about it - even tech support)

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ..._pdaPhones.jsp

I just sent mine back so I know they will at least have one in stock. Here is the phone I switched to and I am very happy with it and it cost about 230 bucks.

http://www.epinions.com/content_161634946692
Old 11-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Banned

Switching to another topic, I just bought the comptech supercharger brand new and I need to get rid of it. a friend of mine told me he could fabricate me a custom exhaust for a turbo. anyways I'm tryin to sell it for $3800 whoever buys it would have to pay for the shipping. email me if you're interested: Pimping_Rides@Hotmail.com
Old 11-21-2004, 10:29 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by hodge
I believe it was the Audiovox PPC 6601 (or something close like that) I bought it minutes after it appeared on their web page. (It was not on the consumer page but you had to link to it from the Sprint.com then choose business then choose phones then pda phones. I just went to their site and found it. See the link. It is a very cool device (although not many people seem to know about it - even tech support)

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ..._pdaPhones.jsp

I just sent mine back so I know they will at least have one in stock. Here is the phone I switched to and I am very happy with it and it cost about 230 bucks.

http://www.epinions.com/content_161634946692

Is that new phone that you just got (Audiovox SMT5600) bluetooth?

If so, does it work properly with the TL?
Old 11-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Cruisin'

Yes the Audiovox SMT5600 works perfectly with my 2004 TL. THe only thing I do not see on the dashboard is the Signal Strength meter and the battery meter. The sound works fine for sending and receiving calls. It even displays caller ID when a call comes in. You can get it from ATT wireless. Cingular does not carry it even though they are a merged company.

If you like Outlook - it syncs perfectly with schedule address, etc.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Cruisin'

I called 2 separate Radio Shack stores in search for more information on the PM-325. I didn’t get much information, but I wanted to share what little info I did get.

At the first store the girl quickly told me that they should have the phone in the stores this Friday. She then asked me to hold so she can check on her statement and came back and said she couldn’t make that promise, but she took my name and will call me if she gets anymore information, like they come in.

At the other store, that person told me that he got word that they arrived in the warehouses and the QA team is doing whatever tests they do. Because of the popularity of the phone, and the fact that is has been running in the ad for weeks now, he expects the warehouse to drop ship them, instead of with the usual deliver, and expects them sometime next week.

Not a whole lot of new info, but there finally might be light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Cruisin'

Lg-325

OK - I see it is now available on the sprint telesales site (LG325) I have bought 2 phones from sprint and returned 2 phones so I am going to give the credit card a chance to catch up with the money they owe me. Can anyone tell me if they have bought or tried the 325 yet with the TL. I found telesales has it on your door in about 2 working days.

Waiting for a return label takes about 2 to 3 weeks (hence the credit I carry on my card if it does not work)

If it works, then their is hope for sprint that someday I may return. I am very happy with the Audiovox SMT 5600 with ATT but sprints plan is a little better on minutes and data. Plus te mobitv feature is very cool. The LG 325 is supposed to be compatible. It is very convenient when sitting in a waiting room or at a airport waiting for a flight.

The audiovox with ATT has an Application where you can load up to 2 DVD full length movies on a single 256 miniSD chip (I just bought the chip for 39 bucks on B&H photo). I have not tried the application yet but I have read very good reviews and it is a top download.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you hear.