Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

New Motorola v710 software available on HoFo

Old 12-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Motorola v710 software available on HoFo

The newly released software for the v710 is available on Howard Forums, in the special temporary v710 Forum. There are also instructions on how to flash your phone, and explanations of where to obtain the software to do it. All you will need is a Windows PC, an appropriate data cable, and the phone.

The really cool thing is that not only is the Verizon software available, but the hackers over there...mainly a guy named Superdave...fixed the Verizon software as follows.

The Verizon software, while adding a lot of features and fixes, would take away some abilities too. I believe the two big things you lose with the Verizon software are the ability to move ringtones from the transflash card to the phone, and the ability to create your own web sessions. Well, Superdave managed to take the new Verizon software and modify it so that the limitations are removed. He also added a couple of much more basic patterns for the outer screens for two of the styles...blue and silver. It is really amazing what he has done, and how helpful the knowledgable people over there are. (I am not really one of them.)

I flashed my phone a couple of hours ago, and it worked flawlessly. I took it out to my TL, and now the battery strength and signal strength display, as they were intended to. Also, the phone now rings, along with the alert from the TL, when you receive an incoming call. So if you have any distinctive rings set, as I do, you will be able to tell who is calling by sound alone.

The whole thing is very cool.

I will attempt to post a link to the actual discussion threads over on Howard Forums, but sometimes this doesn't seem to work too well. If it doesn't, just head over to Howard Forums, and look for the v710 Temporary Discussion forum, which, I believe, is within the Verizon Forum. One of the first few threads there will be the one discussing the new software. There is also an older thread that you should read, that has more info. That thread was for the first revision of Superdave's software. He has since posted a newer version, which fixes a couple of small bugs. I would suggest reading the older thread first, and then reading the current thread. I will try to post the URLs below. The threads are titled:

Custom Image 8700_1.02.SD

and

New software version based off of 01.40.OR

(The second one was the first thread...the first one is the current thread.)

Here's my attempt at including the URLs, in the same order as above.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=513683
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=512835

I don't check this forum all that often any more, so if you have specific questions about how to do this flash, I'd strongly suggest asking them over there. If I am around here, naturally I will try to help, but I am no real expert on any of this.

Another source for help with the flash would be a v710 chat that is going on constantly on AOL IM. It is titled, appropriately enough "v710 chat." You can just invite yourself to it. There are likely to be plenty of people on there who can and will help with the flash upgrade.

Good luck!
Andy W.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
oh man thanks!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Andyw2100
The newly released software for the v710 is available on Howard Forums, in the special temporary v710 Forum. There are also instructions on how to flash your phone, and explanations of where to obtain the software to do it. All you will need is a Windows PC, an appropriate data cable, and the phone.

The really cool thing is that not only is the Verizon software available, but the hackers over there...mainly a guy named Superdave...fixed the Verizon software as follows.

The Verizon software, while adding a lot of features and fixes, would take away some abilities too. I believe the two big things you lose with the Verizon software are the ability to move ringtones from the transflash card to the phone, and the ability to create your own web sessions. Well, Superdave managed to take the new Verizon software and modify it so that the limitations are removed. He also added a couple of much more basic patterns for the outer screens for two of the styles...blue and silver. It is really amazing what he has done, and how helpful the knowledgable people over there are. (I am not really one of them.)

I flashed my phone a couple of hours ago, and it worked flawlessly. I took it out to my TL, and now the battery strength and signal strength display, as they were intended to. Also, the phone now rings, along with the alert from the TL, when you receive an incoming call. So if you have any distinctive rings set, as I do, you will be able to tell who is calling by sound alone.

The whole thing is very cool.

I will attempt to post a link to the actual discussion threads over on Howard Forums, but sometimes this doesn't seem to work too well. If it doesn't, just head over to Howard Forums, and look for the v710 Temporary Discussion forum, which, I believe, is within the Verizon Forum. One of the first few threads there will be the one discussing the new software. There is also an older thread that you should read, that has more info. That thread was for the first revision of Superdave's software. He has since posted a newer version, which fixes a couple of small bugs. I would suggest reading the older thread first, and then reading the current thread. I will try to post the URLs below. The threads are titled:

Custom Image 8700_1.02.SD

and

New software version based off of 01.40.OR

(The second one was the first thread...the first one is the current thread.)

Here's my attempt at including the URLs, in the same order as above.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=513683
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=512835

I don't check this forum all that often any more, so if you have specific questions about how to do this flash, I'd strongly suggest asking them over there. If I am around here, naturally I will try to help, but I am no real expert on any of this.

Another source for help with the flash would be a v710 chat that is going on constantly on AOL IM. It is titled, appropriately enough "v710 chat." You can just invite yourself to it. There are likely to be plenty of people on there who can and will help with the flash upgrade.

Good luck!
Andy W.
Thanks Andy,
Downloaded file but know nothing about Flashing, PST Flasher??? etc. ???
Old 12-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jrogers345
Thanks Andy,
Downloaded file but know nothing about Flashing, PST Flasher??? etc. ???
Here are some instructions that dishdish00 posted on the HoFo site, along with a disclaimer. Good luck.
Andy

---
Instructions
--------------------------------

*Don't sue me or anyone here if something goes wrong. This is done at your own risk.
*Make sure phone is unpluged from the computer
*I had to install this on Windows XP in order for the drivers to work correctly.

*You need the following:
- USB to motorola phone data cable that is compatible with the v710. Check ebay and DON'T get the future dial cable. Should be $20 or less. Not radioshack's $80 cable.
-Windows XP
-PST 7.11 and the activation disabler (PST_uni_patch.exe)
-Superdave's firmware. Or if you want to revert back to the original firmware, you can use that too and follow the process below.

The files are all available if you look in this thread
http://howardforums.com/showthread....mp;pagenumber=9
on every page. Not all files will be dirrectly linked to, so you'll have to use your head a little. HINT- look at the web address that people linked
to for certain files... if you remove the filename and just go to the previous dirrectory, you'll discover some other files in that folder.

1) Install PST 7.11. Let it install ALL the updates for XP.
2) Reboot.
3)Copy PST_uni_patch.exe to C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST
Run it. Make sure it was successfull with all 6 operations. Then click finish.
4) Turn on phone and plug it into the usb cable. Windows should detect it. Point the Driver search wizard to C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST
It should now find the drivers and install the phone as Motorola USB Modem.
5) Now on the start menu in the Motorola PST folder, run the "Flash & Test Commands" program
6) Windows will now redetect your phone as a USB Composite device, and begin asking for drivers. Again, point it to
C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST. It should do this a few times to install all the drivers it needs.
7) Now in the Flash & Test program, it should show your phone in the Devices section. If not, try exiting and then opening the Flash & Test command program again.
8) If the phone is in the devices section, click browse to select the firmware from superdave. Now click the flash button.
9) This process will take a few minutes, so don't mess with the phone or program. Wait till it says the flash has completed. Once it compeltes, check the "errors" section for any problems.
10) The phone will probably reboot at this point, but just power it off again. Pull out the battery for 60 seconds. Then plug it back in.
11) Your phone will shows a NO SERVICE message. Not a problem. Type *228 and the dial button (green button). It should then call up VZW through their automated activation service. Choose option 1 so it programs the phone automatically. Wait till it says it is done with the process before powering off the phone.
12) You should be done now!

Thanks again to superdave, howardforms, everyone who is hosting these files, and everyone who helped.

Last edited by dishdish00 on 12-05-2004 at 21:13
---
Old 12-06-2004, 03:10 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the post and info. Definitely going to try this later. Rep points awarded!!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
Phone book download????

I to have been following the excitement. AndyW2100 -- will the new firmware update [either the Verizon one or the hack version] allow us to download the phone's phone book to HFL in the car??? Mobliezen do you know????

Also, has anyone who is a newbie and not a tech guy tried to flash their phone? I'm way behind the level of knowledge of the HoFo guys. Is it that risky? IF I get Verizon to flash their update first, will that make it easier to update it with the HoFo verison?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
I to have been following the excitement. AndyW2100 -- will the new firmware update [either the Verizon one or the hack version] allow us to download the phone's phone book to HFL in the car??? Mobliezen do you know????

Also, has anyone who is a newbie and not a tech guy tried to flash their phone? I'm way behind the level of knowledge of the HoFo guys. Is it that risky? IF I get Verizon to flash their update first, will that make it easier to update it with the HoFo verison?

Thanks
There is no way to download our phonebooks to the car, because the car only has numbers, and voicetags associated with them...no text. I don't think we will ever be able to move phone contacts to the car.

Flashing the phone is kind of risky, but the directions are clear enough that I expect you will be able to follow them. It would not help at all to have Verizon flash the phone first.

On the other hand, if you don't care about the two things Verizon takes away in their version of the software, by all means, have them do it.

Good luck.
Andy W.
PS-Anyone know why this thread was moved? There has been plenty of V710 discussion in the forum I originally posted in. The v710 is still the only bluetooth Verizon phone that will work with our cars. It doesn't seem appropriate to have moved this thread to a place where it is much less likely to be seen, especially in light of the fact that other v710 threads were left alone. So...moderators--what gives? Rets? Anyone?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Received two errors when flashing, Error Powering Down Subscriber Unit and Error Erasing Subscriber Unit. As of now, my phone will not power on. Be careful
Old 12-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GeoffS
Received two errors when flashing, Error Powering Down Subscriber Unit and Error Erasing Subscriber Unit. As of now, my phone will not power on. Be careful
I'm sure if you go to the v710 chat people there will be able to help you. While I was in the chat yesterday, several people came in with similar problems, and people there helped them resolve them.

Good luck.
Andy W.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Andyw2100
I'm sure if you go to the v710 chat people there will be able to help you. While I was in the chat yesterday, several people came in with similar problems, and people there helped them resolve them.

Good luck.
Andy W.

Where are you going for the chat? Didn't see anything on HoFo? Kinda critical since I get work pages on my phone so if I can't get this fixed tonight my first stop is to Verizon tomorrow to get a new phone and that means I lose all my contacts which makes me very not happy.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by GeoffS
Where are you going for the chat? Didn't see anything on HoFo? Kinda critical since I get work pages on my phone so if I can't get this fixed tonight my first stop is to Verizon tomorrow to get a new phone and that means I lose all my contacts which makes me very not happy.
It's at the bottom of the first post
Old 12-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Advanced

can you answer a call waiting call with it?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Scuba629
I have not yet received a call while on another call, so I can not answer from first hand experience.

However...

So many people on HoFo are posting about every tiny difference in the new software, that I think it is completely inconceivable that we would have lost the ability to answer a call-waiting call without a number of people there writing about it.

If you were referring to answering a call-waiting call in the TL, again, I have no first hand experience, and will defer to others here. My gut tells me that we CAN answer a call-waiting call in the TL, but now that I've said that, I'm not sure how we would do it. Just press the same button we do to receive the first call? That would be my guess. (My manual is out in the car, and I can't go look it up right now.)
Andy W.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:07 PM
6th Gear

I saw on hofo that the software allows individual rings and still allows you to pick it up on the acura. Also better picture quality. My question is , if I just go to the verizon store and let them do (and don't care about loss of music transfer or web sessions) will I still get these other functions?
Jack
Old 12-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jayjay139
I saw on hofo that the software allows individual rings and still allows you to pick it up on the acura. Also better picture quality. My question is , if I just go to the verizon store and let them do (and don't care about loss of music transfer or web sessions) will I still get these other functions?
Jack
I believe that you will.
Andy W.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:08 PM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Scuba629
You could before, so I doubt this has changed. However, there is one thing that is fixed that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Before, you couldn't send a PAUSE command through the HFL to a V710. It would reset the phone. Now, the pause command works flawlessly. Calling voicemail is a SNAP now!!!

By the way, I've flashed the hacked version on my phone, and it works flawlessly. Battery and Signal Strength now works as it should, the pause feature (like I said) works, the phone now rings along with the TL's prompt (to allow for individual rings) and... well... the phone simply works as it should have in the beginning. Now I LOVE this phone!!!

Oh, and to answer JayJay139's question. The Verizon version is supposed to have the items you mentioned. The only problem is that it's not widely available yet. In fact, there are only VERY select Verizon stores where it's available. I'm with JayJay139, though -- if the official patch were available, I'd use that. Right now, in my area, it isn't, and I didn't want to wait, so...

Oh... and for everyone. The site with the files (http://www.inetron.com/vzw/) has the original firmware file as well, so if you need to service your phone, or simply want to go back to the official firmware, that option is still available.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JT3
You could before, so I doubt this has changed. However, there is one thing that is fixed that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Before, you couldn't send a PAUSE command through the HFL to a V710. It would reset the phone. Now, the pause command works flawlessly. Calling voicemail is a SNAP now!!!

By the way, I've flashed the hacked version on my phone, and it works flawlessly. Battery and Signal Strength now works as it should, the pause feature (like I said) works, the phone now rings along with the TL's prompt (to allow for individual rings) and... well... the phone simply works as it should have in the beginning. Now I LOVE this phone!!!

Oh, and to answer JayJay139's question. The Verizon version is supposed to have the items you mentioned. The only problem is that it's not widely available yet. In fact, there are only VERY select Verizon stores where it's available. I'm with JayJay139, though -- if the official patch were available, I'd use that. Right now, in my area, it isn't, and I didn't want to wait, so...

Oh... and for everyone. The site with the files (http://www.inetron.com/vzw/) has the original firmware file as well, so if you need to service your phone, or simply want to go back to the official firmware, that option is still available.
Well I'm going to check with Verizon stores in my area. I'd rather try that than this flash version which I'm not familiar with at all.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:41 AM

I did the flash last night and it seems to have worked. Battery level and Signal strength show up on the MID. I haven't made any calls since the flash, so I can't comment on sound quality. Thanks again for the heads up Andy.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Andy-

I'm confused.....

Did Motorola release brand new firmware that Superdave modified

- or -

Did Superdave modify the existing, old firmware?

BJ
Old 12-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JT3
For those keeping score at home, I had to go back to the Verizon firmware to get my phone working again. Got an error partway through the upgrade and kept bombing out at the same point. If you have issues and the phone won't boot, trying putting the original back on. Talked to SuperDave and he mentioned it may have been an issue where the battery was low during the upgrade (it was showing full) so as a word of caution to all, you may want to make sure your battery is fully charged before attempting. He also did mention that he's seen weird things when trying to flash and the wall power is in so definitely fully charge that battery. I have not reattempted, wanted to do it tonight but used the phone too much today and just put it on the charger.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Pro

Use of Pauses Possible ???

Does anyone know if the new software [either the Vzn or Super Dave] will allow programming of pauses into phone numbers for the purpose of getting voice mail?? I know that Acura has told me that the HFL system will allow the use of 'voice tags' where you can program a string of items but each separate sequence requires another push of the HFL button and another name [access number; pass code etc.].

Does the new firmware allow the use of pauses in the car???
Old 12-09-2004, 02:11 PM
JT3
Instructor

Yes, I can verify that the Pauses now work with the Superdave firmware, so there's no reason to believe it won't with the new official version.

I have used it several times to retrieve voicemail, where I was unable to before.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It seems that the hofo site is down...but does anybody know... does this new firmware come on the new phone sold from vzw or do i have to flash with the new on listed here?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by vikrampatel
It seems that the hofo site is down...but does anybody know... does this new firmware come on the new phone sold from vzw or do i have to flash with the new on listed here?
A new phone that you'll get from VZ will have current software, but not the new Verizon software yet.

The Superdave version IS the new Verizon version except he's made 2 simple modifications to unlock functions (primarily related to the TF card user) that Verizon would like to lock to make more $$$.

I didn't trust it at first either, but I did it and the phone is better now in the following ways:

1. Battery/signal indication on the TL's HFL.

2. Better photo quality in low light conditions.

3. Much faster/smoother menus.....no more crashing.

4. Full thumbnail navigation for Photos with no crashing on the TF card viewer.

5. Better earpiece volume levels.

Also, I can confirm that those who use the phone as a dialup modem to the Verizon 1x network for high speed internet access will be happy; still works perfectly.

BJ
Old 12-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro

Verizon release outside of Texas???

What is people's experience about getting the new flash from Verizon???

So far it has not showed up around Los Angeles. Tech support at Verizon Wireless, Moto as well as several Vzn stores in the area seem clueless that there is even a new firmware release. Moto denied that they were even working on a new version. Moto told me not to believe everything I read on the internet.....it was probably just a hoax [how they would know in India, I can't begin to understand].

It might be useful for people to let us all know how widespread the 'official' release is. I am still nervous about flashing a phone with superdave's version because of my lack of knowledge....it seems to be somewhat difficult for the uninitiated.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
What is people's experience about getting the new flash from Verizon???

So far it has not showed up around Los Angeles. Tech support at Verizon Wireless, Moto as well as several Vzn stores in the area seem clueless that there is even a new firmware release. Moto denied that they were even working on a new version. Moto told me not to believe everything I read on the internet.....it was probably just a hoax [how they would know in India, I can't begin to understand].

It might be useful for people to let us all know how widespread the 'official' release is. I am still nervous about flashing a phone with superdave's version because of my lack of knowledge....it seems to be somewhat difficult for the uninitiated.
I agree with you - I'm afraid to try this "flashing" on my own. Never did anything like that.
I just called Moto and was told that new firmware is almost done - should be available the middle of December - beginning of January.???

I have a Verizon store right here in town and gonna visit them and see what - if anything - they know.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Racer

Firmware available at Verizon Stores

I agree with you - I'm afraid to try this "flashing" on my own. Never did anything like that.
I just called Moto and was told that new firmware is almost done - should be available the middle of December - beginning of January.???

I have a Verizon store right here in town and gonna visit them and see what - if anything - they know.
Just came back from Local Verizon store and was told yes - firmware is available. That stores on Rt.1 Lawrenceville and Rt.18 Eastbrunswick, NJ have it and to go there. So will be in Lawrenceville area later today. Will stop in and see. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:16 PM

If you don't have the cable already, you may as well wait for the official release and take your phone into a Verizon store (not a kiosk at the mall) for them to flash it. If you have the cable, then the process is relatively simple and painless - as long as you follow the steps carefully and correctly.

The process of downloading and installing the software and applying the firmware to the phone took less than 45 minutes. This doesn't include the reasearch time - reading the forums, which was probably a few hours.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Instructor

where do you get the programsPST 7.11 and the activation disabler (PST_uni_patch.exe) from the location suggested in the post on page one show you to an inactive page
Old 12-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Racer

Just came back from Local Verizon store and was told yes - firmware is available. That stores on Rt.1 Lawrenceville and Rt.18 Eastbrunswick, NJ have it and to go there. So will be in Lawrenceville area later today. Will stop in and see. Will keep everyone posted.

Just wasted my time - because I went to Verizon store and called the other store yesterday after being told they had the update. Their tech dept. both told me that no - not available yet. Don't know when it will be. Motorola will notifiy them about a day or so before it's released and when it is, all Verizon stores will have it.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:15 PM
JT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by dashotgun
where do you get the programsPST 7.11 and the activation disabler (PST_uni_patch.exe) from the location suggested in the post on page one show you to an inactive page
I got mine here: http://www.inetron.com/vzw/

I should point out that I have nothing to do with that site, so I can't guarantee the quality or legality of any programs there. Also, moderators, if I'm breaking any rules, please don't send the Angel of Death beating down my door... just feel free to delete this post, or edit it to say it's not allowed, and I'll cease and desist (promise!)
Old 12-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Instructor

thanks I found the site you mentioned I understand about the disclamiers yada yada. I am planning to get a phone and wanted to be ready to flash it since verizon is being less then helpful in this regard The woonders of modern tech you have to learn to be an expert in all aspects of our tech world not one gd thing works out of the box or is so gd complicated that it never works right from the git go. sigh
Old 12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Advanced

For canadian user of the V710 with Telus Mobility, does anyone has this flash update ?

Is it possible to use the same update as you guys from Verizon ? Or the update include the menus as well ?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about text messages? Did it do anything for those? Currently (unpatched) whenever I get a text message it rings like I am getting a call.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...737880313&rd=1

Will that cable work? I know my v60 power cable works for my v710.. will this? it does not list the 710.. but the 720 and 730.. If not please provide a link to a cable I can buy please.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by someone
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...737880313&rd=1

Will that cable work? I know my v60 power cable works for my v710.. will this? it does not list the 710.. but the 720 and 730.. If not please provide a link to a cable I can buy please.
That one might work, but I wouldn't risk getting the generic on this. I got the Motorola cable with software (not that you need that) from an auction similar to this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...737559243&rd=1

You can search for others that might charge less for shipping.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I want to do this.. but..

LOTS of people on Howard Forums are saying a short time
after they flash, people they talk to say that their voice
sounds like crap. like massive scratchyness.

Anyone here see that? These people also said that after
trying to flash back it was still hosed.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:56 PM

I haven't heard any complaints about my sound quality. That's not to say you won't have any problems, just letting you know that not all experiences have been bad.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
From the howardforums thread just posted yesterday:

I made a call today and my voice was screwed up on the other end. Hanging up and calling back fixed the problem. But, that at least gives me something to go on. The software side gets flashed everytime, but, the ram side does n ot. Im looking into what would be left behind after flashing to another version. I really dont think any of these phones are being messed up, I just think a setting/seem is getting screwed. One file that stands out in the ram download section is cdma_sec. The name is there but the contents are not, so it must be some program accessing it.

Another thing I just noticed is that may available ram was almost nothing, I had test created a bunch of mms's and forgot to delete them. Since the flash adds alot of images to ram also, can those who are having trouble check there ram.

I just added a modified brew app loader to vzw.inetron.com. It's must eaiser to delete files with it, since it allows multiple selection.

thanks,
Dave

thats from the superdave guy.. he said voice quality was fine for while but then it went bad.. I think its something that occurs a day or two after flashing. I ordered a USB cable today but this will scare me off of flashing for a bit.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:48 PM
JT3
Instructor

That could be why I've had no problems. I noticed all those extra multimedia files, and deleted them. Thus, I've never run short of RAM.

There were a LOT of files (most of them showing up as blank pictures) taking up a LOT of space. I'd definitely check this for all the people having problems.

Quick Reply: New Motorola v710 software available on HoFo