Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

MP3, I tunes help

Old 02-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP3, I tunes help

I was a Ipod shuffle today. I have never used a mp3 player or copied my cd's to my computer.

I want to download some older songs off of I tunes. Can I copy individual songs onto my computer from a cd? Even better ( I am guessing) can i copy my cd's to my I tunes?

Thanks for dealing with a newbie when it comes to this.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:37 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,086 Likes on 2,699 Posts
Yes.

When you put the CD in your comp. open itunes and the CD will pop up in the left hand tray.
Click on that and you will see the songs on the CD. they will have little checks.

uncheck the songs you dont want, and go to the icon in the top right corner of itunes and it will import the music. It should automatically put those songs in your main library (also found in the left tray) if not then go to file and "add to library" and select the songs that should now be in your itunes music folder.

When you buy music off the itunes music store it automatically puts the songs in a purchased music folder (left hand tray) and again should be added to the library automatically.

when you want to put music on the shuffle, the best way is to create a new playlist (under file) and it pop up on...yes, in the left tray. drage and drop songs from you library to the playlist.
Then drag the whole playlist to the shuffle icon (guess where....yep...left tray)

Or you can click on the shuffle icon and hit the button "autofill" and it will randomly fill your shuffle for you.

Its really simple and intuitive, you figure it out, have fun.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much. I was hoping it was that simple.