Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Motorola Phone Tools 4?

Old 03-08-2006 | 01:38 PM
Racer

Motorola Phone Tools 4?

Hey, anyone here have the phone tools version 4? I have 3 and tried the online update to work with my new phone, but it dosent.

Maybe you can send it to me ??

Thanks
Old 03-08-2006 | 06:42 PM
The hair says it all

yey for looking at the existing threads in the mobile phone section
Old 03-09-2006 | 11:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

if you install 3 and then keep updating it, it will get to version 4 eventually. You have to manually update....it wont just update right to 4 in one update, you have to update over and over (from version to version) until you get to ver 4. It worked for me.....I can now transfer from computer to my razr with ease.
Old 03-09-2006 | 11:09 AM
Racer

yea, thats exactly what I did... it automatically downloaded all the versions between 3 and 4 but I cant get it to work right... it wont recognize the phone.
Old 03-17-2006 | 06:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

if you cant get phone tools to see your phone...try this link click here its on page 2 about halfway down....i did what it said and it worked for me...

here is the post:

Light Bulb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured it out with help. Thanks to Maverickster @ Howardforums.com

1. Undo everything you've done.

2. Download and install the driver located here: http://www.bvrp.com/Customers/Motorola/DriverTool.zip.

3. Plug your phone into the computer using a standard USB cable and let the plug-and-play thing do its thing. Tell it to automatically find it and it will find it and call it Motorola USB Modem or some such thing.

4. When it's done doing that, unplug your phone from the computer.

5. Install MPT and update to 4.04 (NOTE: During one of these install levels, I forget which one, the computer will hang for what seems like an eternity; don't interrupt it, it didn't get stuck, I guess is "supposed" to do that).

6. Plug your phone back into the computer using the simple USB cable.

7. Start MPT clicking OK all the way throught profile and the setup stuff.

8. When the image of the phone pops up, everything should work except multimedia studio. To enable EVERYTHING (incl. multimedia studio), follow Mark's instructions which are, again, Menu-->Setup-->General Setup-->Communication Tab-->Change Modem-->Next-->Next-->Check the box marked "Do Not Automatically detect the driver. Select from a list"-->Next-->Highlight Motorola CDMA on the left-->Highlight V3CM on the right-->Next-->Finish.

9. Voila! Everything should work. To sync contacts you can either use the syncro option or the phonebook method (I prefer the phonebook method because it gives you more control and allows you to sync TO the phone only; that way your phone isn't busy screwing with your Outlook contacts list, which, if it's like mine, is 1000+ long -- this can be a serious pain to fix, so I don't let anything or anyone touch it except my secretary, my pda, or myself -- certainly not my phone); to connect to the network, click the "Connect to the Internet" button (NOTE: If you're in an EVDO network, you may want to disable EVDO first -- read elsewhere on this board for how to do that; if you're on a 1x network you should be in business at ~140Kbps and it only eats regular minutes); the multimedia studio is pretty self-explanatory; the calendar sync may still have a bug, it may not, I don't know because I don't use it (it is, after all, a phone, not a PDA), but I would check around here to find out before I tried to sync the calendar as my understanding is that if it still has that bug, it could screw up your phone pretty seriously; text messaging and email are pretty self-explanatory as well.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=812407

It worked for me after playing with it for a while but I still can't figure out how to enable my Java loader. I have tried PST and it shows an Error something about not being able to tell hom many NURS there is or something like that I tried some other thing where you hit menu and then quickly push 04829* and it didn't work either I am stuck I got ringtones and wallpapers and Pics but no GAMES!!!! Any and all help would be appriciated.