Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

lg the "V" cell phone for verizon wireless

Old 05-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation lg the "V" cell phone for verizon wireless

what are you're thoughts on the lg v phone, would you rather get the motorola razr for verizon?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Well im going to be making the same choice in a few days. My friend works for Verizon and she has had complaints about the Razr for Verizon. She said there are some software issues that cause it to fawk up some of the times. Plus eveyone is getting the Razr.

She just got the V and she loves it. She said the speaker phone is really nice and loud with 2 sets of speakers when open. This also makes it nice for playing music. The screen inside isnt as big as i would have liked but its still pretty nice to have the keyboard if you text a lot. The pictures are pretty nice too. Since she works for verizon she knows where to get the software to upload mp3s to the phone so you can play them as ringtones. Its actually not that much bigger then other phones too. Its just as thick as my current flip phone. And from the bottom of my current phone to the top of the antenna its just as long.

Verizon limits so much abilities on their phones for some damn reason. But I love the network and dont have a problems with them. I get a pretty nice discount bc of work too. Its all about preference I guess, but im going to be getting the V tomorrow or thursday. I could let you know more when I get it in my hands.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Banned

def. lemme know, yea im more interested in the v although it is alot denser than the razr.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah!

I got it back in January and I love it. The only thing to really get used to is the bulkiness compared to other phones, the keyboard is great for texting and is a nice feature to have. Speakerphone works great and was a must have feature for any phone I was gonna get. Plus I am behind one the curve and just figured out how to make and load my ouwn ringtones so that nice too. And even though Ive had it for a while there are still things I probabl dont know about it, like I just found out that it has a buisness card reader on it, pretty cool.

On the flip side my brother just went from the V to a Razr, he got a free phone from work but wanted to keep his Verizon account open and have a small phone since it wouldnt be his primary. He says he like the Razr but if he only had one phone he would have stuck with the V
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Banned

this is gonna be a tough choice
Old 05-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh yeah!

Originally Posted by CKcentral
Well im going to be making the same choice in a few days. My friend works for Verizon and she has had complaints about the Razr for Verizon. She said there are some software issues that cause it to fawk up some of the times. Plus eveyone is getting the Razr.

She just got the V and she loves it. She said the speaker phone is really nice and loud with 2 sets of speakers when open. This also makes it nice for playing music. The screen inside isnt as big as i would have liked but its still pretty nice to have the keyboard if you text a lot. The pictures are pretty nice too. Since she works for verizon she knows where to get the software to upload mp3s to the phone so you can play them as ringtones. Its actually not that much bigger then other phones too. Its just as thick as my current flip phone. And from the bottom of my current phone to the top of the antenna its just as long.

Verizon limits so much abilities on their phones for some damn reason. But I love the network and dont have a problems with them. I get a pretty nice discount bc of work too. Its all about preference I guess, but im going to be getting the V tomorrow or thursday. I could let you know more when I get it in my hands.

Hey Chris, clean out your PM box.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Melanie
Hey Chris, clean out your PM box.
sorry its clean now. you dont realize it fills up so fast
Old 05-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Well just as an update and an FYI to anybody thinking about getting this phone soon. I was going to go to Verizon yesterday to pick this up, bc my 2 year contract is almost done and I can get $100 off my next phone if I sign up for another 2 years. Well I look online to make sure its the phone I want. I notice that there is another $50 online discount if you order it online. So i called my friend who worked at Verizon and asked her if they would give me the same discount if I went into the store and got it. She said NO and said it sucks bc Verizon knows they work on commision, but yet their online prices are sometimes better then their in store prices.

So I left the store before I even walked in a little mad bc I wanted my phone then and there. So I just ordered it online last night. Cost me $54 with tax and free shipping and I'll have it in 2-5 days. Seems retarded but I wasnt about to spend an extra $50 just to have it that night.

Cliffnotes:
Buy this phone online, as long as there is an online discount, and u'll get it cheaper then if you bought it in the store.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Okay i got my phone on Tuesday, but didnt have time to play with it until yesterday. My friend who works at Verizon came for a visit and she got it all working for me. She has the exact phone so she showed me how to do a few things with it. I love the look! Its not any heavier then my older phone and is the same thickness. It is just a little taller but feels fine in my pocket for everyday use. Dont know how its gonna be if I go to the club or something though. I'll find that out tonight. The camera is very nice for a camera phone rating in at 1.3MP. It comes with a slot for miniSD. Verizon sells these but damn i just found a 1GB for $28.99 at Amazon!!>>HERE<< I am definitely going to order up one of these next week! I'm getting a new laptop soon that will have Bluetooth, so I havent been able to test out that feature yet. I also want to get BT in my car also.

If anyone has any questions let me know!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Oh and this should be very useful if you dont have a BT connection. It allows you to use the cards like a flash drive: >>>Here<<<

I'll be getting one of these also.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
why is your name gaylove?????!!!!1
Old 06-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CLean B
why is your name gaylove?????!!!!1
he's gay??
Old 06-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Verizon had a buy one get one free deal online the other day. Not sure if its still valid
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pebecl97
Verizon had a buy one get one free deal online the other day. Not sure if its still valid
the problem with that is you prolly have to get 2 plans...only good for a couple or family or something.