Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

I'm phone-stupid and need some Verizon help!

Old 12-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm phone-stupid and need some Verizon help!

So it's been 2 years since my last phone, but I am not eligible for the new every 2 credit anymore because my phone line is lumped in with a family plan. I just bought a pink razr (100-50 mir) and I'm wondering is this phone worth keeping? I only buy a new phone every 2 years....I have 15 days to return this one.

I really wanted the mint chocolate...but I am too cheap to pay 150 for it...not to mention they charged me $20 just to switch to a new phone!

Should I keep the razr, get the chocolate, or just hang on to my old phone (lg vx7000)? Also, is there any way to get around paying the $20 change-over fee? I hate feeling like I've been ripped off!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 98CLChick
So it's been 2 years since my last phone, but I am not eligible for the new every 2 credit anymore because my phone line is lumped in with a family plan. I just bought a pink razr (100-50 mir) and I'm wondering is this phone worth keeping? I only buy a new phone every 2 years....I have 15 days to return this one.

I really wanted the mint chocolate...but I am too cheap to pay 150 for it...not to mention they charged me $20 just to switch to a new phone!

Should I keep the razr, get the chocolate, or just hang on to my old phone (lg vx7000)? Also, is there any way to get around paying the $20 change-over fee? I hate feeling like I've been ripped off!

If you only get a phone every 2 years, I say get the mint chocolate. The RAZR is fine, but the mint will offer you more from an entertainment perspective. Plus, the RAZR's are everywhere these days.

Regarding the $20 change over fee, did your phone have a SIM card? When I buy a new phone, I just switch the SIM card to the new phone and it works fine. I know Verizon doesn't do GSM and CDMA is their current format, so may that is a processing charge to transfer your number to the new IME. Either way, that is one of those F U charges that customers usually have no way around.

Hopefully, I didn't confuse you more.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes, he did that

Depends on what you want out of the phone.

If you want an mp3 player, go with the chocolate.

If you want a better overall phone, go with the RAZR. It's a solid phone with better battery life, though the menus are slow and the speakerphone sucks.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:52 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
What do you want out of your phone?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Safety Car

I just need decent battery life and a durable phone. I really won't use the music capabilities or camera. I usually keep my phones for 2 years, so I don't want something that will bust after I've dropped it a few times.

So far I've noticed that the buttons on the razr are kind of a pain...and the speaker isn't loud enough. I just read that the razr doesn't have analog roaming...I'm wondering if that would be a problem, considering I drive through rural Michigan on my way to Chicago.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Yes, he did that

Based on being rugged, stick with the LGs sans the Chocolate, they are built to withstand a beating.