Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Cell Signal boost- Product review

Old 01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Cell Signal boost- Product review

If anyone is wondering, a quick review of the product "zBoost YX510-PCS-CEL".

The signal on my new HP AT&T phone was either at no bars or no service downstairs in the main part of the house. This had me worried because I would miss and/or drop business calls in the family room or bedroom. So, after calling AT&T a couple of times, having a new SIM shipped out which of course did nothing, I decided to do some research and settled on this product from zBoost. This was based on a lot of good user reviews and even awards from a few major tech names- Cnet, ect…

Anyways, just got done installing it. I mounted the 18" PVC antennae to the back of my satellite dish on the roof where I get full bars on the Edge network. Then the coax was ran underneath the heater vent (next to the Sat cables) and into the attic. Then I just plugged in the modem sized base unit into the wall on the attic floor and pointed the small antennae downwards through a gap in the insulation.

I am happy to say I now have full bars on my reception throughout my home. I am quite happy!

BTW, AT&T service sucks... I supposedly live in a full 3G coverage area and cell reception is deemed "excellent" according to their pretty online map. However, I have never connected to 3G here at home and needless to say I was pissed I would have no service downstairs. I've had Verizon and Sprint here and neither one of them ever had any problems inside my home. According to AT&T, "We don't promise coverage inside anywhere!" Nice
Old 01-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
btw, I paid about $275 online from buy.com