Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Blackjack Help Please!

Old 01-09-2008, 01:30 PM
URL Not Found!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blackjack Help Please!

Hi Guys,

I currently have a Blackjack, not the new one and was wondering if anyone was having problems syncing their Outlook Calendar with the calendar on their phone. I have already checked all the check boxes. Any suggestions?

I have MS Exchange for my emails. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
eh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly is the problem? ie - are you seeing any error messages?

And are you using XP or Vista?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ReflexRacing_com
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Blackjack, not the new one and was wondering if anyone was having problems syncing their Outlook Calendar with the calendar on their phone. I have already checked all the check boxes. Any suggestions?

I have MS Exchange for my emails. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Buy a new phone. what a POS the blackjack is.

But whats the trouble? Activesync just doesnt sync it or what?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:09 PM
URL Not Found!

I have XP...

When i go into my blackjack, i have 2 sections... EXCHANGE SERVER and WINDOWS PC.

Which one should i check for Calendar?

For example, i'll set up an appointment for tomorrow and sync up via my phone. Nothing happens. This is the case whether i check exchange server or windows pc for the calendar.

How do you have yours set up to sync with the calendar?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:32 PM
2008 Acura TSX

I have XP...

When i go into my blackjack, i have 2 sections... EXCHANGE SERVER and WINDOWS PC.

Which one should i check for Calendar?

For example, i'll set up an appointment for tomorrow and sync up via my phone. Nothing happens. This is the case whether i check exchange server or windows pc for the calendar.

How do you have yours set up to sync with the calendar?

Thanks!

I have a Motorola Q. Runs on Windows Mobile so hopefully I can help you out.
Exchange Server means you are syncing with the actual server. Example: I sync my calendar with my Outlook Calendar. When I add appointments at my desk, it pushes out to my phone and the reverse.

Windows PC means you sync it with a USB to the PC. The reason it may not be showing up on your calendar is because it is not set up right. Are you using Office Outlook at home? What exactly are you trying to sync?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:48 PM
URL Not Found!

Originally Posted by HondaAcura83
I have a Motorola Q. Runs on Windows Mobile so hopefully I can help you out.
Exchange Server means you are syncing with the actual server. Example: I sync my calendar with my Outlook Calendar. When I add appointments at my desk, it pushes out to my phone and the reverse.

Windows PC means you sync it with a USB to the PC. The reason it may not be showing up on your calendar is because it is not set up right. Are you using Office Outlook at home? What exactly are you trying to sync?

I hope you can help me out too..

I have MS Outlook 2003 SP2.

I am trying to set my blackjack (WM5) such that when I create an appointment on my desktop calendar on my PC, it automatically updates my phone accordingly.

For example, i add a meeting right now on my PC for tomorrow at 9am. It syncs automatically so when i run out of the house tomorrow at 7am, and I look at my blackjack calendar, it shows me that I have a meeting at 9am.

Right now, when i create an appointment on my PC it does NOT show up on my blackjack and vice versa. If i was on the road and someone called me to set up and appt, and i put it in my phone, it will never show up on my PC outlook calendar.

Any advice?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 AM
2008 Acura TSX

I hope you can help me out too..

I have MS Outlook 2003 SP2.

I am trying to set my blackjack (WM5) such that when I create an appointment on my desktop calendar on my PC, it automatically updates my phone accordingly.

For example, i add a meeting right now on my PC for tomorrow at 9am. It syncs automatically so when i run out of the house tomorrow at 7am, and I look at my blackjack calendar, it shows me that I have a meeting at 9am.

Right now, when i create an appointment on my PC it does NOT show up on my blackjack and vice versa. If i was on the road and someone called me to set up and appt, and i put it in my phone, it will never show up on my PC outlook calendar.

Any advice?
If you add the appointment to your phone and want it to go to your Outlook.... it can only be wirelessly pushed through Exchange or your service provider's sync. I am with Verizon and they have a wireless sync feature (which I don't use). The only other way is when you activesync with the usb, it will sync both phone and outlook calendar.

What are you using to sync the phone and Outlook?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
URL Not Found!

If you add the appointment to your phone and want it to go to your Outlook.... it can only be wirelessly pushed through Exchange or your service provider's sync. I am with Verizon and they have a wireless sync feature (which I don't use). The only other way is when you activesync with the usb, it will sync both phone and outlook calendar.

What are you using to sync the phone and Outlook?
I have an MS Exchange Server. Should i be "check" marking all the boxes under EXCHANGE server, so that everything gets pushed through that? I have an unlimited data plan and that exchange server. Everything works fine except for the calendar. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
2008 Acura TSX

I have an MS Exchange Server. Should i be "check" marking all the boxes under EXCHANGE server, so that everything gets pushed through that? I have an unlimited data plan and that exchange server. Everything works fine except for the calendar. Thanks for the help!

Yeah whatever you want to sync with the exchange server and your phone make sure it's checked. I used to have my work e-mail pushed to my phone, but... yeah that's annoying after a while haha.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
URL Not Found!

Yeah whatever you want to sync with the exchange server and your phone make sure it's checked. I used to have my work e-mail pushed to my phone, but... yeah that's annoying after a while haha.

I would PM you with theses questions, but i figure it's good to have this thread up since when i reach resolution, it'll be able to be "search-able" for the next guy with a Blackjack and this problem...

On my phone, in active-sync, all the boxes are checked under EXCHANGE...the email, calendar, tasks and contacts. Since the email works now, the exchange server details and passwords,etc must be right.

Under the options, I can choose what i want to happen upon "conflict"...which one should i choose if i want the PC to have precedence? "Replace item on device" or "Keep Item on Device"...i would assume replace item on device...but what do you have it set on?

Any help on why my calendar isn't syncing up at all is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:00 PM
2008 Acura TSX

I would PM you with theses questions, but i figure it's good to have this thread up since when i reach resolution, it'll be able to be "search-able" for the next guy with a Blackjack and this problem...

On my phone, in active-sync, all the boxes are checked under EXCHANGE...the email, calendar, tasks and contacts. Since the email works now, the exchange server details and passwords,etc must be right.

Under the options, I can choose what i want to happen upon "conflict"...which one should i choose if i want the PC to have precedence? "Replace item on device" or "Keep Item on Device"...i would assume replace item on device...but what do you have it set on?

Any help on why my calendar isn't syncing up at all is appreciated. Thanks!
The choice is your decision. Right now I have the replace the item on the device in case something happens. Before I sync with the Exchange Server, I used my Personal Computer for activesync. I figured I would update the PC more than the device. Now I use my Q more than my PC, but I would still like to have the PC as the main copy.

When you say your Calendar isn't syncing, what exactly happens? Does it not show up on the Outlook or Device?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM
URL Not Found!

The choice is your decision. Right now I have the replace the item on the device in case something happens. Before I sync with the Exchange Server, I used my Personal Computer for activesync. I figured I would update the PC more than the device. Now I use my Q more than my PC, but I would still like to have the PC as the main copy.

When you say your Calendar isn't syncing, what exactly happens? Does it not show up on the Outlook or Device?
Right now, when i create something on my PC at home (a calendar event), it does not show up on my Blackjack.

Same thing happens the other way around...so if i'm out and about and i get a call about a meeting and want to punch it in on my blackjack, i'll do so, but then when i get home and pull up my outlook, it doesn't show up.

Any ideas? Could it be my Outlook settings on my PC at home?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
2008 Acura TSX

Right now, when i create something on my PC at home (a calendar event), it does not show up on my Blackjack.

Same thing happens the other way around...so if i'm out and about and i get a call about a meeting and want to punch it in on my blackjack, i'll do so, but then when i get home and pull up my outlook, it doesn't show up.

Any ideas? Could it be my Outlook settings on my PC at home?
When you want your event to show up from your PC to your Blackjack, you HAVE to do a USB activesync. That will put the data on your device, then it will sync it to the Exchange Server. You have to have calendar checked on Exchange Server and PC. When it gets on the Exchange Server, it pumps out to your Outlook that is directly with Exchange.

Since your PC at home isn't connected to the exchange server, it won't auto push the information with the USB ActiveSync. The only way you can get a wireless sync with your PC is if you use your carrier's Wireless Sync (that I know of). Verizon has a wireless sync that I don't use, so I can't comment on it.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
eh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to be sure - you do have a proper profile set up for your Blackjack through ActiveSync - ie - not connected as guest.

And you've specifically set ActiveSync on your PC to sync the calendar? (Tools/Options...)