Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

UNC > DUKE

Old 02-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UNC > DUKE

Woohoo kicking Duke's ass on their homecourt..
Old 02-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
* > Duke

That's 3 losses in a row with a bunch of road games left. N..I..T.......
Old 02-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UNC played pretty poorly and still won. Goes to show how bad Duke is and how good UNC is this year.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
UNC!!!!!! woot!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Was that the second game this year that Pollick (sp?) got blocked with under a minute in the game? lol!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Benchwarmer

Originally Posted by synth19
Was that the second game this year that Pollick (sp?) got blocked with under a minute in the game? lol!
You mean Paulus (a.k.a. Bobby Hurley IV, Chris Collins III, Wojochowski Jr., Punk Whitey the 9th)?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

lol...
Old 02-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Matt

Originally Posted by IlliNorge
* > Duke

That's 3 losses in a row with a bunch of road games left. N..I..T.......
I love watching Dukie lose!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I hate their fans the most.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Sounds like all of Acurazine is anti-Duke.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Duke out of the top 25 ..loving it...
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 PM

We need to make this the Official Duke Bashing thread...Every time they choke, we bash

And they are by far my most hated team...
Old 02-13-2007, 08:52 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by Scottman111
And they are by far my most hated team...
why? what's so bad about them?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:58 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Originally Posted by BoostedJack
nothing's really bad about them....

it's just for so long, they've been known to be the opposite of "modern" basketball. they have a reputation of being a group of rich white kids (or in grant hill's case, a rich black kid) that aren't athletically imposing, but play hard, hustle, and have "high basketball iq and fundamentals." so no alley oops, crossovers, and1 mixtapes.

plus, duke promotes itself as the ivy league school of the south, and that turns people off too.

i remember during the fab five years, whenever duke played michigan, there was a clear division of pro duke (anti fab five) or pro fab five (anti duke). the fab five represented everything that's not duke. but even though the fab five never won anything while duke did, it's duke that turned out to be the nemesis, while the fab five won the fans' admiration.

but it's just the reputation...coach k's actually been recruiting "urban" players nowadays. but people continue to associate duke with "punk white kids" like laettner, hurley, wochadkfdkajdski, dunleavy, etc.

also, it's annoying that coach k's last name is impossible to spell and pronounce.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Who am I?

You mean Paulus (a.k.a. Bobby Hurley IV, Chris Collins III, Wojochowski Jr., Punk Whitey the 9th)?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Benchwarmer

Kryzyzeswezkski has a sneer that makes you hate him. The whole team has a sense of self-entitlement. They have 8 assistant coaches that dress in $1000 suits. Dukey Vitale worships the team. The so-called Cameron Crazies are a bunch of absolute dorks that think Daddy's money insulates them against the ghetto kids from the rest of the NCAA. And sometimes they appear to be a little aggressive with the butt-slaps in the huddle.

Other than that......
Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
nothing's really bad about them....

it's just for so long, they've been known to be the opposite of "modern" basketball. they have a reputation of being a group of rich white kids (or in grant hill's case, a rich black kid) that aren't athletically imposing, but play hard, hustle, and have "high basketball iq and fundamentals." so no alley oops, crossovers, and1 mixtapes.

plus, duke promotes itself as the ivy league school of the south, and that turns people off too.

i remember during the fab five years, whenever duke played michigan, there was a clear division of pro duke (anti fab five) or pro fab five (anti duke). the fab five represented everything that's not duke. but even though the fab five never won anything while duke did, it's duke that turned out to be the nemesis, while the fab five won the fans' admiration.

but it's just the reputation...coach k's actually been recruiting "urban" players nowadays. but people continue to associate duke with "punk white kids" like laettner, hurley, wochadkfdkajdski, dunleavy, etc.

also, it's annoying that coach k's last name is impossible to spell and pronounce.
ahhhhh....................... now you make me wanna hate Duke too
Krzyzewski... what a weirdo last name it's the white version of name
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM

Kryzyzeswezkski has a sneer that makes you hate him. The whole team has a sense of self-entitlement. They have 8 assistant coaches that dress in $1000 suits. Dukey Vitale worships the team. The so-called Cameron Crazies are a bunch of absolute dorks that think Daddy's money insulates them against the ghetto kids from the rest of the NCAA. And sometimes they appear to be a little aggressive with the butt-slaps in the huddle.

Other than that......
i like the cameron crazies...i think they're fun, and if i was at a duke game, i'd want to join in too. yea, they're annoying, and sure, most are probably rich white kids from the northeast that are spoiled with grandpa's money, but at least they're enjoying themselves.

but i'm with you about coach k's sneer. it's fun to see him get angry. and his daughter is pretty cute if i remember correctly. my favorite coach k moment was when they just lost by 30 points to unlv in the 1990 championship game, and he was being interviewed afterwards. it was fun hearing his whiny voice congratulate unlv, which at the time was the ultimate opposite of duke. (i was heartbroken the following year when unlv lost to duke...but i'm convinced that game was fixed!)

plus coach k learned the trade from bobby knight and is a bobby knight supporter. so that's more reason to hate him.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

The reason I can't stand Duke is because I'm a Carolina Fan In reality it's pretty much what has been said before they looked down on you and they are not even any better themselves. The whole basketball team majors in sociology except for people who actually there for an education and they act like they are on top of the world. Look at Jason Williams through 4 yrs of college his sociology degree can't get him anywhere and he's stuck doing high school basketball games on ESPN. As soon as you don't achieve what you are supposed to , they turn their backs on you like the unwanted step child. It's also amusing how Durham is the biggest ghetto in the State of North Carolina
Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 PM

you know, i never knew how ghetto durham was until the whole lacrosse team scandal. i always thought it was some upper class area with a prestigious university.

but i guess, also, one of the main reasons to hate on duke and coach k is that they've been very successful.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:53 PM

^^ What all of them said.

Plus, Duke and Kentucky have always been arch rivals, and since I'm a UK fan it just makes sense...

Originally Posted by BoostedJack
Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
i like the cameron crazies...i think they're fun, and if i was at a duke game, i'd want to join in too. yea, they're annoying, and sure, most are probably rich white kids from the northeast that are spoiled with grandpa's money, but at least they're enjoying themselves.

but i'm with you about coach k's sneer. it's fun to see him get angry. and his daughter is pretty cute if i remember correctly. my favorite coach k moment was when they just lost by 30 points to unlv in the 1990 championship game, and he was being interviewed afterwards. it was fun hearing his whiny voice congratulate unlv, which at the time was the ultimate opposite of duke. (i was heartbroken the following year when unlv lost to duke...but i'm convinced that game was fixed!)
plus coach k learned the trade from bobby knight and is a bobby knight supporter. so that's more reason to hate him.
I'm from Vegas and it's common knowledge that the fix was in for that game. There are pictures of Larry Johnson and Stacy Augmon in a hot tub with a known bookie before the tournament. That UNLV team was the greatest ever and no way in hell do they lose to a team they beat by 30 the year before.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
I'm from Vegas and it's common knowledge that the fix was in for that game. There are pictures of Larry Johnson and Stacy Augmon in a hot tub with a known bookie before the tournament. That UNLV team was the greatest ever and no way in hell do they lose to a team they beat by 30 the year before.
no kidding. i lived in vegas (henderson) too. went to middle school and 9th grade there.

and yes, that '91 vegas teams was one of the best teams ever. every game, the were beating teams by 20+. what happened to anderson hunt?!?! he was that dude.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Benchwarmer

VT > UNC

The hardest part of the transition to the NBA for Larry Johnson and Stacey Augmon was the salary cap. There was no salary cap at UNLV.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:35 PM

VT > UNC

The hardest part of the transition to the NBA for Larry Johnson and Stacey Augmon was the salary cap. There was no salary cap at UNLV.
used to live in blacksburg too

larry johnson was a beast until his back gave up. the good ol' days...
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Where's that one guy with the Duck Fuke caption for his avatar. Not to mention the hilarious avatar "JJ is Redickulous-ly gay"