Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

Raiders Fans Post Here!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM
01 Silver CL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raiders Fans Post Here!

Any Raiders fans on the board?

Put up any interesting stories you have like games, how you became or why you're a fan, favorite players, whatever, etc.

I was born and raised a Texan and have never been to a Raiders game or in the bay area but I've been a fan since I was around 10.

They had the best athlete in sports, Bo Jackson, so this is why I liked them but even after he left I stuck with them and they continued to have or get players I liked....Tim Brown (underrated), Howie Long, Ronnie Lott, Steve Wisniewski, Willie Gault, MARCUS ALLEN, and later on Hoss, The Rocket, Rod Woodson, Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, and the list goes on. Let's not forget Napoleon Kaufman! Man he was sick!

While I fan I read about the history so I got more attached and learned about the foundation. After all this switching teams ain't happenin! Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, Ray Guy, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, shit even Todd Christiansen. Many more. What a tradition.

I'll admit I'm not a die hard fan but I've stuck with them through thick and thin. Really hard to do that living where I do but it's a dream of mine to go to a home game one of these days. Hopefully against the Broncos. Boooooo!

So with all that being said I'm looking forward to this upcoming season. Maybe JeMarcus can earn his 66 million. McFadden's looking solid in camp and the defense has potential. I'm a Longhorn fan so I really like Michael Huff.

Well we'll see what happens. Gotta get through the Chargers. If not this season, the 2009 season we should be in the playoffs for sure. We better be!

Post up your experiences and anything else you'd like to say!

GO RAIDERS!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,772 Likes on 13,966 Posts
:ibCLpower:
Old 06-27-2008, 04:23 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
win, lose, or tie....raiders till I die
Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM
01 Silver CL-S

that's right just win baby!

Silver and Black is back

Now contenders in the AFC West
Old 06-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
ummm....contenders based on exactly what? hating on the raiders since 1970.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 AM
01 Silver CL-S

lol

ole duck hunt hound. had a flashback there for a minute

Well contenders based on the defense for the most part. The secondary looks pretty strong and we added some experience to the line.

As for the offense, the line has improved and McFadden should do decent if he stays healthy. He's just as if not more talented than Adrian Peterson but it's just a matter of getting him the offense that's best for him. Hopefully he does more than bush did but 2 totally different styles.

JaMarcus has some good quaterback qualities but is still really a rookie so still has alot to learn. The veterans around him should speed that process up but the experience will do the most and his ass needs to play first. I'm still disappointed in him.

Hopefully Javon can keep champagne spraying to a minimal and be just a little more careful. $3000 in cash and over 100k worth of jewelry? 100k worth of jewelry? No comment.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
nother Raider hater here

So they managed to stop hiring 49er and Charger wash-outs.... and the Bengals have taken over as literally the convicts of the league, maybe things really are looking up for the Raiders for once!

oh and Russell hasn't proven ANYTHING yet... except that he's another rookie that wasted a bunch of time by proving nothing and holding out
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J-Ritch
lol

ole duck hunt hound. had a flashback there for a minute

Well contenders based on the defense for the most part. The secondary looks pretty strong and we added some experience to the line.

As for the offense, the line has improved and McFadden should do decent if he stays healthy. He's just as if not more talented than Adrian Peterson but it's just a matter of getting him the offense that's best for him. Hopefully he does more than bush did but 2 totally different styles.

JaMarcus has some good quaterback qualities but is still really a rookie so still has alot to learn. The veterans around him should speed that process up but the experience will do the most and his ass needs to play first. I'm still disappointed in him.

Hopefully Javon can keep champagne spraying to a minimal and be just a little more careful. $3000 in cash and over 100k worth of jewelry? 100k worth of jewelry? No comment.
the raiders aren't getting any better because of that idiot owner Al Davis. Boy is he running this franchise into the ground. I mean what is the point of paying for an overrated CB in D. Hall? The only reason the raiders had a top rated pass defense last year and the year before was b/c the dline was so bad that teams never had to throw. That totally skews how good a pass defense is rated.

And let's talk about the offseason and the draft. Davis gives some guy named Tommy Kelly at the time the richest deal to a defensive tackle. Heck no one even knew who this guy was. And then giving javon walker a 55 million contract with essentially if i remember correctly a guaranteed 12 million in the first year. This guy essentially didn't play at all last year, he could've easily signed him to a cheap deal.

And onto mcFadden, i mean how do you pass up on a guy like Glenn Dorsey who is an immediate upgrade over any current d tackle on the team? The line needs serious work. I mean running the ball was about the only good thing the team did last year and in a zone blocking scheme a number of RBs could succeed. I mean they still have michael bush who was a potential first round pick but was dropped to the 5th because of injury. If davis thinks he's getting the next Adrian Peterson he is mistaken. Peterson is a totally different beast. NO way McFadden is anywhere near as good as Peterson.

Russell is unproven and won't probably do a whole lot since that o-line doesn't know how to pass block.

Sadly this organization will not even sniff respectability with Al Davis calling all the shots.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i hate overzealous raiders fans. Some fans are just a little too ridiculous and give a bad name to thousands of others. Maybe I just ran into some really rude people, but they gave a bad name to probably a lot of good people in my book. I think i've had the worst experiences with Raider and OU fans.

I'll admit I liked the raiders when they were in LA, I guess being born in 1984, I only knew them as the LA raiders, and I remember feeling betrayed when the raiders and rams left in the same year. Some of their best years were in LA anyways, they should move back . I still kinda like the team, even though the fans get to me sometimes. Randy Moss was one of my favorite players in minnesota, so it was hard for me to watch him struggle in Oakland.

I hope mcfadden was a good pickup. I enjoyed watching him in college. But he did play in an unconventional offense. McFadden put up pretty crazy numbers at the combine, but it's really hard to tell. If he turns out to be a star, I think I could get back behind the Raiders. Right now I'd have to put them behind the Chargers and the 49ers, for the California teams I feel like I am obligated to root for. I don't think anyone could've predicted the kinda player peterson was going to be. As a vikings fan, I was thrilled when minnesota picked up peterson (even though I didn't like OU), and thought he'd be good, but I would've never guessed he would break the single game rushing record and be the mvp of the probowl in his rookie year. Even Reggie Bush, who was supposed to be the next superstar running back hasn't seen near the success of peterson (although his team did get into the playoffs).
Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
im a die hard giants fan, but as a kid i have always been partial to the raiders (mainly because when i was young i liked their logo ... it was tough watching the bucs stomp them a few yrs ago ... tim brown/jerry rice/gannon/rod woodson/romanowski i loved those old fossils on one team haha (you can bet i was the only kid in a new jersey middle school rocking the tim brown jersey)
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,232 Likes on 822 Posts
Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
im a die hard giants fan, but as a kid i have always been partial to the raiders (mainly because when i was young i liked their logo ... it was tough watching the bucs stomp them a few yrs ago ... tim brown/jerry rice/gannon/rod woodson/romanowski i loved those old fossils on one team haha (you can bet i was the only kid in a new jersey middle school rocking the tim brown jersey)
There was something about going to grade school in the early 80's and being a Raiders fan....Must be the uniform...
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 AM
01 Silver CL-S

Originally Posted by andyjl
the raiders aren't getting any better because of that idiot owner Al Davis. Boy is he running this franchise into the ground. I mean what is the point of paying for an overrated CB in D. Hall? The only reason the raiders had a top rated pass defense last year and the year before was b/c the dline was so bad that teams never had to throw. That totally skews how good a pass defense is rated.

And let's talk about the offseason and the draft. Davis gives some guy named Tommy Kelly at the time the richest deal to a defensive tackle. Heck no one even knew who this guy was. And then giving javon walker a 55 million contract with essentially if i remember correctly a guaranteed 12 million in the first year. This guy essentially didn't play at all last year, he could've easily signed him to a cheap deal.

And onto mcFadden, i mean how do you pass up on a guy like Glenn Dorsey who is an immediate upgrade over any current d tackle on the team? The line needs serious work. I mean running the ball was about the only good thing the team did last year and in a zone blocking scheme a number of RBs could succeed. I mean they still have michael bush who was a potential first round pick but was dropped to the 5th because of injury. If davis thinks he's getting the next Adrian Peterson he is mistaken. Peterson is a totally different beast. NO way McFadden is anywhere near as good as Peterson.

Russell is unproven and won't probably do a whole lot since that o-line doesn't know how to pass block.

Sadly this organization will not even sniff respectability with Al Davis calling all the shots.
I agree. Al has made some oops I mean alot of stupid decisions. I'll admit he's picked up some good ones but has overpaid and picked up some too. Freakin 55 mil for Walker? 66 for Russell? Again.... And we'll just see about DeAngelo but they still overpaid him. Damn where does Al get all this money? I think the 10 mil for 1 yr for Charles Woodson in 99 or whenever it was was ridiculous. He wasn't THAT good.

So I like you can easily point out the Al Davis BS. And being in TX and with the Cowboys being my 2nd fav team, I've been seeing it from Jerry Jones for years now. Just in a different way but not to different.

I think McFadden was a good pick up. They just need to use him right. And Gallery needs to get his shit together.

I'm not in no way saying my team will be top contenders but do have a decent chance in their division if they can again get their shit together. But I'll aknowledge the Chargers as being superior right now. Not one of those overzealous fans.

There's one thing about being loyal, pumped up, and being all Raider nation but doing that shit to other teams and fans like the Eagles do is just going to far. This is still just a game and a sport. It's entertainment....yeah a big business too but no one needs to get shot or beat over it, especially the paying fans anyways.

And I won't go into those "thugged" up fans some of whom are yes true fans but some of those who don't know what a shotgun formation is or have never heard of or wouldn't know how many Super Bowls the team has one if you asked him.

Osamu, the way you feel about the move back to Oakland is how Oakland fans felt about the move to LA but even worse. Again, Al Davis. He's done good but recently alot of bad. But they WERE in a SB not to long ago so better that than nothing. Trying to be a little zealous here.

They have a setup that is worth finding out how it will turn out. Last season I knew from the get go it was bunk from the get go and watching games was a joke. So atleast we can see and have some suspense and curiousity this year. A real fan will do some bashing on his/her own team too and I won't hesitate to bring up the crap, or tomatoes

We'll just have to see. Of course Super Bowls for most are far and few between but I'd like to see them make the playoffs a few times in the next decade. That would be nice.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:19 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL

I loved those teams from the beginning of this decade...a lot of my old favorites as a kid on that team.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh Hullow

i hope the broncos can pick up where they left off a few yrs ago when they made it to the afc championship against the steelers ... the afc west was always my fav division to watch aside from the nfc east... its funny, because i am a broncos fan but also support the raiders, but on top of all of that im a giants fan... i just despise the chiefs + chargers haha... and of course the cowboys, eagles + redskins.

i am thinking of picking up a mcfadden jersey, but i dont want him to turn into one of those draft busts and me waste money for an authentic down the drain haha... J-Ritch is absolutely right about davis' over spending... it is out of control, i like how they are trying to build a young, solid team, but they need to start paying for proven talent, not young fresh out of college rookies... let them earn their stripes in the league.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh well it's

Chargers all the way!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Osamu
i hate overzealous raiders fans. Some fans are just a little too ridiculous and give a bad name to thousands of others. Maybe I just ran into some really rude people, but they gave a bad name to probably a lot of good people in my book. I think i've had the worst experiences with Raider and OU fans.

I'll admit I liked the raiders when they were in LA, I guess being born in 1984, I only knew them as the LA raiders, and I remember feeling betrayed when the raiders and rams left in the same year. Some of their best years were in LA anyways, they should move back . I still kinda like the team, even though the fans get to me sometimes. Randy Moss was one of my favorite players in minnesota, so it was hard for me to watch him struggle in Oakland.

I hope mcfadden was a good pickup. I enjoyed watching him in college. But he did play in an unconventional offense. McFadden put up pretty crazy numbers at the combine, but it's really hard to tell. If he turns out to be a star, I think I could get back behind the Raiders. Right now I'd have to put them behind the Chargers and the 49ers, for the California teams I feel like I am obligated to root for. I don't think anyone could've predicted the kinda player peterson was going to be. As a vikings fan, I was thrilled when minnesota picked up peterson (even though I didn't like OU), and thought he'd be good, but I would've never guessed he would break the single game rushing record and be the mvp of the probowl in his rookie year. Even Reggie Bush, who was supposed to be the next superstar running back hasn't seen near the success of peterson (although his team did get into the playoffs).
Actually people knew exactly how good Peterson was and could be. The only reason he dropped down to #7 overall was because concerns of injury. I'll admit though, i don't think anyone would've guessed he would break single game rushing record.

Bush on the other hand was just simply overhyped since he could outrun defenders by going side to side and he was not known for hitting the hole. Any die hard college football fans that I know even told me bush was gonna be a bust since he has terrible vision, he hesitates while trying to take it up the middle, and he's soft. Not great attributes in the NFL, while he may have outrun all the defenders in college, there is no way a player can be able to do that consistently. Bush is a better receiver than a RB. And for any Bush apologist out there that says otherwise and will respond with "give him some more time, he needs to adjust to NFL, etc" you need to understand RB is the easiest skill position for a rookie to pick up. The fact he still hasn't played up to the kind of hype and draft pick in 2 years must tell you something. He was given the full gig in year 2 and still underachieved severely. And in case the apologists want to say "Saints run blocking isn't very good." Well Deuce McAllister ran behind a "bad" oline and he's been able to break 1000 yards.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Hold the onions

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedk24
Chargers all the way!!!!!!!
Ahh you mean the San Diego Chokers? They'll never ever see a super bowl ring EVAR! I live in SD but despise the football team.

Silver and black till I die!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
01 Silver CL-S

lol
Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bud760

that can be arranged at the next sd meet!

chargers superbowl champs!!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Hold the onions

Originally Posted by Mike
that can be arranged at the next sd meet!

chargers superbowl chokers!!
fixed

I love seeing a grown man cry *cough* LT *cough*
Old 07-17-2008, 08:17 AM
01 Silver CL-S

I like LT. If McFadden turns out nice the AFC west will have a nice RB tandem.

Tomlinson, LJ, Darren, and maybe Selvin Young (Hook em!) can go off of his impressions from last year

Yeah I'm looking forward to the SD vs Oak matchups

Should be different from last year!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh well it's

^^^ There's never a match up with SD and Oak, the silver and black has gone whack!! We already have had 9 or 10 consecutive straight wins over them.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 PM
01 Silver CL-S

Old 07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh well it's

Surprised your not a Coybow fan ^^
Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
01 Silver CL-S

well I've always liked the Cowboys but got attached to the silver n black once I became familiar with the players and learned more about the history. AFC west rivalries, awesome HOF players, and speed.

From the shitty days of Todd Marinovich to the early retirement of Napoleon Kaufman and thrashing in the SB by the Buccs I've just stuck with them.

I do root for the Cowboys but Jerry Jones is like a George Steinbrenner and Al Davis combined.

Its more that I've liked the players than the team and whole franchise itself.

I could go on and on about the Jerry Jones crap

I heard Tiger Woods is a Raider man too
Old 07-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

fixed

I love seeing a grown man cry *cough* Al Davis*cough*
fixed correctly
Old 07-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Oh Hullow

well i just won an auction on a darren mcfadden authentic jersey haha... so he better not suck or break his leg or anything.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:59 AM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
fixed correctly

Old 07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Hold the onions

fixed correctly
How is it like to win any super bowls? Oh wait Chokers can't even win one.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Senior Moderator

we'll fix that this year. the rayduhs haven't won one since what 84 which was probably before you were born ancient history

davis will be long dead before the rayduhs even have a chance at making the playoffs again.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh well it's

Good come back Mike!! ^^^^^
Old 07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Senior Moderator

where you from wicked?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Oh well it's

Chula Vista^^
Old 08-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Hold the onions

America’s Worst Cities To Be A Sports Fan

No. 2 San Diego

x2Teams: Chargers (NFL); Padres (MLB)

Median Household Income/Fan Cost Index: $47,067 / $300.90 (20th)

Teams' combined winning percentage: .425 (26th)

Playoff Appearances: 1

Championships: 0

The Chargers are one of only nine NFL teams with a fan cost index that exceeds $400.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh well it's

America’s Worst Cities To Be A Sports Fan

No. 2 San Diego

x2Teams: Chargers (NFL); Padres (MLB)

Median Household Income/Fan Cost Index: $47,067 / $300.90 (20th)

Teams' combined winning percentage: .425 (26th)

Playoff Appearances: 1

Championships: 0

The Chargers are one of only nine NFL teams with a fan cost index that exceeds $400.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Then get out of San Diego
You can take your silver and whack and go back.....
Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Is Russell below 280lbs yet?

My buddy at work is a die hard Raiders fan and him and the Assistant Manager have a bet going. $100.. At least 6 wins is a win, 5 is a push, and 4 or less wins for the Raiders and he loses. Also, if they get 4 or less he has to lick my manager's balls.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh well it's

^^^^
Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
McNabb fan for life!

* > cowgirls
Old 08-26-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by 6MTUA5
Is Russell below 280lbs yet?

My buddy at work is a die hard Raiders fan and him and the Assistant Manager have a bet going. $100.. At least 6 wins is a win, 5 is a push, and 4 or less wins for the Raiders and he loses. Also, if they get 4 or less he has to lick my manager's balls.

I would stay the hell away from whoever made that part of the deal.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
I say 4 wins MAX for Oakland this year.

D is ok, but they are going to be on the field A LOT. Your receiver corps is suspect, and Russell is TERRIBLE. Bad footwork, bad reads, throwing off his back foot, etc.

Quick Reply: Raiders Fans Post Here!