Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NFL Rumor Central - Must read for NFL fans.

Old 03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Acurazine OG.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFL Rumor Central - Must read for NFL fans.

It's a little jumbled, but where is says "WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY"
Basically means, the Player, what teams are interested in him, and the rumors...

IE, first one is John Abraham, Jets are interested, and etc.... ENJOY!

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

John Abraham
Jets Mar. 17 - Unhappy that he could not reach an agreement on a long-term deal with the Jets, John Abraham has yet to decide whether or when to sign the one-year offer given to him as a franchise player, The New York Times reports. Because they missed the NFL's deadline (March 16) to complete a long-term deal, the Jets and Abraham must wait until July 15 to resume contract talks.
Abraham is not officially under contract and therefore cannot work out at the team's complex. The Jets' offseason workout program begins April 4. The 26-year-old defensive end is scheduled to earn $6.7 million in 2005. He is believed to be seeking a deal that would top Jevon Kearse's eight-year, $66 million contract with the Eagles that included $16 million in guarantees, according to the New York Daily News.

Quincy Carter
Buccaneers Mar. 17 - Despite Quincy Carter's troubled past, Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden admitted to being "intrigued" by the former Jets and Cowboys quarterback and described him as "smart and experienced," The Tampa Tribune reports. Carter, who made three starts for the Jets last season, met with the Buccaneers on Wednesday.
"Here's a guy who has some well-documented history in the league as a player, and he's had some off-the-field problems," Gruden told the St. Petersburg Times. "... You want to bring in the best players available and he's clearly, in my opinion, one of the best players available at that position."

Courtney Brown
Redskins
Broncos
Seahawks
Buccaneers Mar. 18 - Defensive end Courtney Brown, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2000 draft, visited with Washington at Redskins Park on Thursday, The Washington Post reports.
"The best way for me to say it is we just had a good visit, and [he] took a physical, and kind of went through a process there," coach Joe Gibbs told The Post. "We'll just work through the rest of it. I don't think there's anything imminent."

Brown also plans to visit Tampa Bay and Seattle.

Rob Konrad
Dolphins Raiders
Buccaneers Mar. 18 - Rob Konrad, waived by the Dolphins last week, will visit with the Raiders on Friday and has drawn interest from the Bucs, The Miami Herald reports. "We hope to get a new contract resolved in the next couple of days," Konrad's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told the newspaper.

Plaxico Burress
Steelers Giants
Vikings
Dolphins
Eagles Mar. 18 - One week after abruptly breaking off contract negotiations with Plaxico Burress, the Giants on Thursday evening signed the wide receiver to a six-year, $25 million contract, ESPN.com has learned.
The deal includes $8.25 million in guaranteed bonuses, an initial signing bonus of $5 million and then a $3.25 option bonus due next spring. There are also guaranteed salaries in the first two seasons. Burress will earn $11.38 million in the first two seasons of the contract and $14.6 million in the first three years.

Juran Bolden
Jaguars Buccaneers Mar. 18 - Cornerback Juran Bolden is expected to complete a one-year deal with the Buccaneers within the next week, The Tampa Tribune reports.
"Last year we went with the team that gave us the largest contract instead of the team that offered us the best situation," Bolden's agent, Rick Roberts, told the newspaper. "That's why we ended up in Jacksonville. This year, we're not going to make that mistake. Juran feels that way and I feel very strongly that way, and that's why he's going to be with [the Bucs], possibly by the end of the week."

Ken Dilger
Buccaneers Mar. 17 - Tight end Ken Dilger is not contemplating retirement and is talking to "a bunch of teams," his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told The Tampa Tribune. If Dilger returns to the Buccaneers, it would be as Anthony Becht's backup.
"We're still talking with [the Buccaneers]," Bartelstein told the newspaper. "I wouldn't rule them out."

Shaun Alexander
Seahawks Buccaneers?
Dolphins?
Cardinals? Mar. 17 - Because Shaun Alexander did not sign his $6.32 million tender before the NFL's March 16 deadline, the Seahawks will not be able to sign the 27-year-old running back to a long-term deal until July 15 unless they're willing to relinquish the franchise tag for the length of the contract, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports.

Chester Taylor
Ravens Browns Mar. 17 - The Browns on Wednesday signed Ravens backup running back Chester Taylor, a restricted free agent, to a $3 million offer sheet, The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Baltimore has seven days to match the offer, which includes a $1 million signing bonus, a $2 million base salary and $200,000 in incentive clauses. The Ravens would receive the Browns' sixth-round draft pick in compensation if they decline to match the offer.

WHO WHAT THE SKINNY

William Green
Browns Mar. 17 - If the Ravens elect not to match running back Chester Taylor's offer sheet, and that seems likely, the Browns probably will release William Green, The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports. Cleveland GM Phil Savage has given Green's agent, Tom Condon, permission to find Green another team interested in a trade, but there have been no takers.

WHO WHAT THE SKINNY

Kelly Herndon
Broncos Seahawks
Falcons
Chiefs Mar. 17 - Restricted free-agent cornerback Kelly Herndon has signed a five-year, $15 million offer sheet with the Seahawks, a deal that includes a $4.5 million signing bonus, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports. The Broncos have seven days to match the offer but likely will decline.

Joe Jurevicius
Buccaneers Seahawks Mar. 17 - Wide receiver Joe Jurevicius, released by the Buccaneers earlier this month, visited with the Seahawks on Wednesday, The Seattle Times reports.

Ty Law
Patriots Steelers
Chiefs
Jets
Browns
Raiders Mar. 16 - The Chiefs will wait to see how Ty Law's surgically repaired foot mends before making the four-time Pro Bowl cornerback a contract offer, The Kansas City Star reports. Law wore a protective walking boot on his left foot Tuesday while in Kansas City.
"He has to keep progressing medically," coach Dick Vermeil told The Star. "He says he's going to be out of the boot in two weeks. As you noticed, he has a bounce to his step. It's not bothering him at all. That's all positive."

Law's next stop was Miami to continue a rehab program that includes running in a pool and riding an exercise bike.

Edgerrin James
Colts Cardinals?
Dolphins?
Buccaneers?
49ers? Mar. 16 - Knowing the trade market for a veteran running back is limited, the Colts' Edgerrin James has decided to sign his one-year, $8.081 million tender as a franchise player, reports ESPN.com's John Clayton.
James could still be traded, but he'll be fined if he holds out of training camp. The Bucs, Cardinals, Dolphins and 49ers have been mentioned as possible suitors for James, who has been given permission to shop his services.

Carlos Hall
Titans Chiefs Mar. 16 - Titans defensive end Carlos Hall, a restricted free agent, visited the Chiefs on March 15. If the Chiefs don't make an offer this week, Hall has other options he will explore.
"We'll see where things go from here," Hall's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told The Tennessean. "'We have been talking to several other teams, but I really don't want to identify them. I can't give you any more details than that right now."

The Titans would have the right to match any offer from another team. If it chooses not to match, Tennessee will be awarded a seventh-round draft pick as compensation for Hall.

Roberto Garza
Packers Mar. 16 - The Packers, who have lost both starting guards to free agency, met with free agent Roberto Garza on March 14. The Packers are believed to be Garza's top choice, but several teams have expressed interest in the former Falcon, reports the Green Bay Press-Gazette.
"I'm hopeful, I believe that with Green Bay losing their starting two guards, Roberto would make an immediate impact," Jack Scharf, one of Garza's agents, told the newspaper. "But the ball's not in my court, it's in [Packers vice president] Andrew Brandt's and [pro personnel director] Reggie McKenzie's court."

Anthony Simmons
Packers
Saints Mar. 16 - The Packers are interested in free-agent linebacker Anthony Simmons, the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports. Simmons, released by the Seahawks for salary-cap reasons, arrived in Green Bay Tuesday night and will meet with the team today. Simmons has also visited New Orleans.

Edgerton Hartwell
Seahawks
Ravens
Chiefs
Cardinals
Falcons
Dolphins Mar. 16 - The Seahawks, looking to upgrade their run defense, met with free-agent linebacker Edgerton Hartwell on March 15. Hartwell has played alongside the Ravens' Ray Lewis the past three seasons and wants the chance to be the leader of his own defense.
"It's not going to be the highest bidder; it's going to be the team that he really wants to play for the most," his agent, Harold Lewis, told The Seattle Post-Intelligencer. "When you do it this way, you're doing it for the right reasons."

Hartwell has already visited Kansas City, Arizona and Atlanta. The Dolphins are also believed to be interested.

Tony Williams
Broncos
Bengals
Saints Mar. 15 - Courtney Brown isn't the only defensive end the Broncos are pursuing. Veteran Tony Williams, who spent the past four seasons in Cincinnati, visited the Broncos' complex on March 14, The Denver Post reports.
Brown is still recovering from a season-ending knee injury suffered against the Broncos in October. Cincinnati is hoping to retain Williams and the Saints are interested as well.

Darren Howard
Saints Seahawks
Cowboys Mar. 15 - The Saints continue to shop defensive end Darren Howard, and the Cowboys and Seahawks are the most likely trade partners, according to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. It is believed the Saints are seeking a high-round draft choice and a defensive player in return for Howard, the team's franchise player.

Donovin Darius
Jaguars Vikings?
Dolphins? Mar. 14 - With a trade out of Jacksonville unlikely, it appears disgruntled safety Donovin Darius will have to play another season with the Jaguars, according The Florida Times-Union.
After receiving permission to seek a trade, Darius publicly expressed a desire to play for the Vikings or Dolphins. The Vikings expressed the most interest in Darius, but according to the paper, the Jags have turned down two recent trade proposals from Minnesota.

The Jaguars have not spoken to the Dolphins about a trade.

Patrick Surtain
Dolphins Chiefs
Seahawks
Colts Mar. 11 - The Seahawks are the leading candidate to pull off a deal for Dolphins cornerback Patrick Surtain, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports. Seattle's interest in Surtain rose when starting CB Ken Lucas signed with the Panthers for six years and $36 million.
According to the Post-Intelligencer, the Dolphins would likely demand a second-round pick. Surtain is believed to be seeking a signing bonus of at least $8 million. He's entering the final year of a contract that pays him $6.15 million in 2005 and has a cap number of $8.383 million.

Surtain's name also has been mentioned as a possible trading piece if the Dolphins decide to try to acquire RB Edgerrin James from the Colts.

WHO WHAT THE SKINNY

Jason Taylor
Dolphins Mar. 10 - The Dolphins are not moving defensive end Jason Taylor to linebacker or trading him to the Colts for Edgerrin James, The Miami Herald reports. Coach Nick Saban on Wednesday ended any further speculation, saying in a statement, "We have no intention of moving or trading Jason Taylor."
Rumors of a position switch, according to The Herald, were fueled by Saban's vague responses on whether Miami's defense will use a 3-4, a 4-3, or perhaps both alignments in 2005. The team also recently added defensive linemen Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter.

"'Everything we have done is to build our defense around what Jason does best," Saban said. "He's an outstanding player and we want him to be a focal point or our defense. We will use him in schemes that best feature his talent."

Eddie George
Titans Mar. 11 - Titans coach Jeff Fisher told The Tennessean he's open to the possibility of bringing back Eddie George, the franchise's all-time leading rusher.
"I am not ready to put a percentage on it right now, but there is a chance," Fisher said. "I always thought Eddie should finish his career here, but there are a lot of things we have to work through."

George said he would welcome the chance to return to Tennessee, and has already discussed it with his agents. George, who had a career-low 432 yards on just 132 carries for the Cowboys last season, was released by Tennessee following the 2003 season.

David Boston
Dolphins 49ers Mar. 10 - David Boston, cut by the Dolphins because he failed a physical, could soon find a home in San Francisco, reports the Oakland Tribune. Boston's agent, Mitch Frankel, spoke with 49ers on March 9 and expects to reach a deal soon.
"I would imagine in the next seven days something will happen," Frankel said. "I don't see it stretching much more than that."

Boston, 26, missed the entire 2004 season after tearing his left patellar tendon during training camp. Boston had his best seasons in Arizona, where he was tutored by current 49ers receivers coach Jerry Sullivan.

Anthony Thomas
Bears Seahawks Mar. 10 - Anthony Thomas met with the Seahawks on March 9, but the 27-year-old running back left without signing a contract, The Seattle Times reports.

Ron Dayne
Giants Texans
Saints Mar. 10 - The Dolphins canceled their meeting with running back Ron Dayne, The Palm Beach Post reports. The former Heisman winner Ron Dayne was scheduled to visit New Orleans on March 8.
Dayne had one touchdown and 179 yards rushing last season on 52 carries.

Peter Boulware
Ravens Mar. 9 - The Ravens are quietly shopping Peter Boulware around the league, The Baltimore Sun, citing a league source, reports.
But GM Ozzie Newsome denied any trade talk. "At this point, Peter is rehabbing," Newsome told The Sun. Boulware is coming off toe surgery.

Antowain Smith
Titans Saints Mar. 9 - The Saints are looking at Antowain Smith as a possible backup for Deuce McAllister, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.
Smith rushed for 509 yards on 127 carries and four touchdowns last season as Chris Brown's backup in Tennessee.

Freddie Jones
Cardinals Packers Mar. 8 - The Packers are looking at tight end Freddie Jones either as a replacement for Bubba Franks or as a complement to Franks, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. Jones visited the Packers on Monday and is scheduled to meet the Vikings on Tuesday.

Rod Gardner
Redskins Vikings
Browns
Seahawks Mar. 8 - At least three teams are interested in Redskins WR Rod Gardner, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. Minnesota, Cleveland and Seattle have spoken to agent Joel Segal about his client. Segal was granted written permission by Redskins officials three weeks ago to speak directly to other teams about possible trade scenarios.
The Redskins are seeking a middle-round draft choice for Gardner, who has one season remaining, at a base salary of $2.097 million, on the original five-year contract he signed with Washington in 2001.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
I honestly don't care until it happens or if it's a real stud for my team. I'm more excieted about the draft and June 1 cuts.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:36 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Man I miss football Sunday...
Old 03-18-2005, 03:52 PM
I hate the Mets

Plexico Burress would be a great pickup for the Eagles (but I hear he is not a character player)...

And Im w/ Brent...I miss football
Old 03-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Banned

shit, so plaxico is off the market??
damn, the vikes NEEDED him, i can't believe they let him get away....

and i coulda sworn abraham was franchised by the jets...? I think him and shaun alexander are by FAR the best guys on that free agent list.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
The Vikes got Travis Taylor from Baltimore. Alexander was franchised. I think the Dolphins would've signed him if not.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Safety Car

Edgerrin James is NOT going to the Niners.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh yeah!

Originally Posted by uncleb
shit, so plaxico is off the market??
damn, the vikes NEEDED him, i can't believe they let him get away....

and i coulda sworn abraham was franchised by the jets...? I think him and shaun alexander are by FAR the best guys on that free agent list.

My friend called me a couple hours ago and told me he signed with the Giants, its all very exciting

I hope this means we will suck less this year