Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NCAA: Conference Realignments

Old 04-30-2010 | 11:33 AM
Карты убийцы

NCAA: Conference Realignments

Alot of talk about the Big Ten making a move with expansion and creating a domino effect among the other conferences. There are talks of "Super" conferences with 16 teams in each... SEC, ACC, PAC 10, Big 10.

Inside word from the SEC is that they would only expand to increase their television market. As a result, they would be interested in teams from Texas (Texas A&M), northern Virginia (Virginia Tech), another Georgia team (Georgia Tech), and another team in Florida (Miami).

Ron Morris has a different scenario where South Carolina and another current SEC school end up in the ACC.

http://www.thestate.com/2010/04/25/1...-proposal.html
Old 04-30-2010 | 12:04 PM
Q('.')=O

Interesting...

But I doubt A&M would go to the SEC even if they were asked. Too much of a love/hate rivalry with Texas and Texas Tech. Also to think about, our football team fucking blows...we need at least a couple schools to beat up on (ie: Iowa State, Colorado, etc) and since A&M is all about football, if they went to the SEC they would get dominated and never get to a bowl game. If anything, the Big 12 needs to kick Baylor or Iowa State out and replace them with a school like Arkansas.
Old 06-09-2010 | 02:24 PM
Q('.')=O

Damn this is getting more interesting... Nebraska and Mizzou maybe to the Big 10, Pac10 wants to make a mega conference by bringing in UT, A&M, TTech, OU, OKST, CO but then some Pac10 peeps say they don't want TTech and OKST because of their poor academics. Now Baylor is crying like a bitch because they are being completely ignored...
What a mess!

A friend sent this to me... pretty funny

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2010/6...-big-12-twelve

Adventures of the Big 12: Twelve Angry Men by Panjandrum on Jun 7, 2010 10:12 PM CDT in Adventures of the Big 12 Series 78 comments

Behind closed doors at the Big 12's annual meetings, the boys got together to hash out the topics of the day. You know...important things like where we're going to hold the Women's Basketball tournament for the next three years.

Just kidding. Only Baylor cares about that.

Anyway, everyone knows that's not what was on everyone's mind. And, thankfully, through the power of 'multiple sources', we have a strong report of what happened when the gang got together in Kansas City this week.

Enjoy. It may be the last time this current group gets together for their usual shenanigans.

Texas: I call this meeting to order. Today's agenda topic: Who stays and who goes. I'm looking for a quick vote. Obviously, I like bossing all of you around, so I'm in. Oklahoma?

Oklahoma: Hell, I'll stay. Do you really think I want to join the SEC or Pac-10? I still go into shell shock when a woman asks me if I have a Trojan on me, or if I walk past a store in the mall that sells 'Crocs'.

Oklahoma State: In, yo. I'm afraid if I take this game to LA, I may get shot.

Colorado: Staying. Unless the Pac-10 offers, and then I'll leave so fast there will be burn marks in the carpet. But they don't want me without you guys, so I'm probably still stuck with you assholes.

Missouri: Anyone know where the nearest U-Haul place is?

Texas: Jesus, can you be more obvious?

Missouri: What? Do you think I like being irrelevant? Do you think I like hoarding championships in fucking Softball? And it's not even the cool softball where you drink and wear inappropriate t-shirts that say things like "Balls Going Deep". It's the lesbian kind of softball where half of the cars in the parking lot are pink Cadillacs, and the chicks that show up wear visors and Birkenstocks.

Kansas State: I'm not really into PC, but there's a lot wrong with what you just said...

Missouri: You know what? I don't care. I'm going to go the Big Ten, wipe my ass with piles of TV money, and spend my winters buried in lake effects snow.

Texas: Wiping your ass with money is awesome.

Missouri: So, yeah, I'm out. Fuck you, fuck you, (points at Kansas) and double fuck you.

Kansas: Well, that wasn't nice.

Texas: Alright, order...ORDER! Kansas State, what are you doing?

Kansas State: Are you kidding me? Do you think I want to join the Mountain West? In. A thousand times in.

Kansas: (Whispers to his attorney...) My lawyer says that it would be in my best interest to stay.

Kansas State: Your lawyer?

Kansas: At this point, I have the FBI and IRS so far up my ass that they've set up a branch office in my colon. So, I'm taking him wherever I go.

Kansas' Lawyer: No more questions.

Texas: What an embarrassment. Tech?

Texas Tech: In. I go where you go my liege.

Baylor: God spoke with me last night, and he said that I should form a conference with other like religious institutions supported by the Almighty himself. However, he said I had to fire Scott Drew because he's an Eddie Haskell-style prick of the highest order, and I said, "No." I like being good at basketball now. Also, those Oral Roberts kids creep me out. They're like a cult.

Iowa State: I will do anything to stay in this conference. Anything. I am not above handing out sexual favors, and I don't care who asks for it.

Texas: So if I ask you to have sex with a dirty hobo, you'll do it?

Iowa State: Absolutely. You can even tape it if you'd like. That would be a hundred times better than joining the MAC.

Texas: Alright, we'll put that on the agenda for tonight after dinner and drinks at Tomfooleries. Nebraska, what say you?

Nebraska: I am 100% committed to exploring all of my options.

Texas: Huh?

Nebraska: I am fully invested in this conference unless something better comes along.

Oklahoma: How does sitting on that fence feel?

Nebraska: It kind of chafes.

Texas: And, finally, I'm afraid to ask. A&M?

Texas A&M: I want to join the sex conference.

(Texas puts his face in his palms...)

Texas: Do you mean the SEC conference?

Texas A&M: Yeah, I want to join the sex conference.

Oklahoma: I think we should let him go.

Texas: We can't. The state legislature says he can't go anywhere without me.

(Texas A&M puts his mouth over the microphone in front of him on the table and tries to swallow it...)

Texas: Alright, so we've got ten stays, one go, and one guy who can't seem to figure out what he wants to do. Nebraska, what can we do to get you off of the fence?

Nebraska: Nothing really. Joining the Big Ten is appealing. I mean, it's like a time warp. Neither of us have really been relevant since the late 90's, so it will be kind of comforting to be amongst like-minded people. Michigan called me and invited me over for a 90210 and Melrose Place marathon.

Oklahoma: That's really sad.

Nebraska: Look, I want to be with other people who think time stopped after the late 90's. Do you know how much being me sucks right now? I haven't won a conference championship in ELEVEN years. Hell, even Kansas State over there has won a conference title since I have.

Kansas State: Kicked your ass too.

Nebraska: Fuck off. And my basketball program is an embarrassment. In the Big Ten, Sadler ball will be considered 'up tempo', and my waning baseball program will be one of the southern most schools, so I'll have a leg up there.

Texas: Everything you just said there makes me sad.

Nebraska: You're sad? The only reason I'm not sad is because my entire state has been on Prozac since Tom Osborne retired. Do you really think we like Pelini? The guy wears sweatshirts on the sideline. SWEATSHIRTS. The guys in the navy blue polo shirts at Wal-Mart that greet me when I walk in look and act more professional than he does.

Oklahoma: Have you considered therapy?

Iowa State: I know a guy...

Dan Beebe: Hey, guys, what's up?

Texas: Dan, go back to your computer, keep playing Minesweeper, and we'll call you when we're done.

Beebe: Sure thing, boss.

Texas Tech: That was kind of harsh, don't you think?

Texas: He should be thankful he still has a job. We used a cardboard cutout of him a few weeks ago at a function with a tape player attached to its back looping random, non-committal statements, and no one knew it wasn't him until Baylor tried to hand him a plate of barbecued chicken and it dropped to the floor.

Texas A&M: I ate that chicken.

Oklahoma: Of course you did.

Texas A&M: It tasked like chicken.

Kansas State: I just...nevermind.

Iowa State: You guys will take him with you and not me?

Texas: He brings more televisions than you do.

Iowa State: But he's retarded!

Texas: He's not retarded; he's just misunderstood. He hasn't always been this way.

Iowa State: He's pissing himself again. Am I misunderstanding that?

(Texas A&M smiles as the warm urine runs down his leg...)

Texas: (Looks at A&M...) Look, I can't defend you forever. At some point, you're going to need to snap out of this.

Texas Tech: I've always wondered what goes on inside his head.

(Texas A&M stares at the wall...)

(Dan Beebe lets out a shriek at his computer...)

Texas: Dan, don't worry. We all hit the mine from time to time.

Beebe: No, that's not it. The Pac-10 is going to offer six of you.

Kansas: Thank God! Screw you assholes!

Beebe: They don't want you.

Missouri: HA HA.

Kansas State: Suck it.

Beebe: They don't want you either.

Kansas State: Well, duh.

Texas Tech: Who do they want?

Beebe: Texas, A&M, Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Colorado.

Colorado: Oh happy daaaaaaayyyyyy!

Texas Tech: Thank you sire!

Oklahoma: I'm going to get sick...yep, here it comes.

(Oklahoma vomits...)

Oklahoma State: Shit. I'm gonna get shot.

Texas: Calm down, guys. We all want to stick around, right? Well, let's not jump the gun here. If we're all in this together, we'll stay. Nebraska, you in?

Nebraska: I'm firmly set on exploring all of my options.

Texas: Goddamnit. Make up your damn mind. Missouri?

Missouri: Kiss my ass.

Texas: Do either of you even have an offer from the Big Ten?

Missouri: It's just a technicality. I'll get one. Eventually.

Oklahoma: You sure you want to take that bet?

Missouri: I'd rather shoot for the moon than hang out with you assholes.

Texas: Alright, fuck it. Enjoy Conference USA.

Colorado: Wait, we're not going to the Pac-10?

Texas: Not if we don't have to.

Colorado: Jesus Christ. I finally, through sheer dumb luck, get a shot at getting what I want, and you assholes start cock-blocking me. Screw all of you, I'm out of here.

Beebe: Wait, the Pac-10 said that they may take Baylor instead of you.

Colorado: SON OF A BITCH!!!

Texas: Alright, Colorado's back in. Nebraska, Missouri...it's on you now. You have until Friday to figure this out.

Nebraska: I will stay if you can promise me that the Big 12 Championship will be played in Kansas City at least every other year.

Texas: Let's not get unreasonable now.

Nebraska: Unreasonable? UNREASONABLE??? You take all of the money, get all of the good TV spots, and now you're getting the title game in the Jerrydome every year. And I'm being unreasonable?

Kansas State: You did kind of vote for the unequal revenue sharing when you were, you know, good at football. Ten years ago.

Oklahoma: Actually, it's been eleven years since they won the Big 12.

Kansas State: I stand corrected. You were good at football eleven years ago.

Nebraska: And you assholes wonder why I want to leave.

Texas: Calm down everyone. Tempers are starting to get in the way of reason. Let's just handle this calmly. Nebraska and Missouri, you have until next Friday to decide if you want to stay with us. If you don't, half of us will go to the Pac-10.

Colorado: It's like a nightmare, but I'm still awake...

Kansas: I literally did not see this coming.

Kansas State: So where do the rest of us go?

Texas: Well, I can put in a good word for you with the Mountain West or Big East.

Iowa State: What about me?

Texas: Have you ever considered trade school?

Kansas: You mean to tell me that my storied basketball program is going to slum in the Mountain West?

Oklahoma: Sorry, dude, but this is about football. And, to be honest, no one is going to party with a dude that's under Federal investigation.

Kansas: Point taken. It's Kansas State's fault.

Kansas State: What the?

Texas: Kansas, you really are an asshole. Everyone said you were, but I always gave you the benefit of the doubt. But, yeah, you really do suck.

Kansas State: THANK YOU!!!

Missouri: Ha ha!

Beebe: If anyone needs me, I'm going to head to the shitter.

Texas A&M: Me too. I'm going to the shitter for some head.

(Everyone stares blankly at A&M...)

Texas: I think we're done here. Everyone, we've got a week to figure this out. Go to your corners, make your calls, and we'll hash this out later. Nebraska and Missouri, the ball is in your court.
Old 06-09-2010 | 02:37 PM
Banned

Old 06-09-2010 | 03:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Good stuff.

From what I've heard from players and people who work at the U of MO, Nebraska & Missouri are practically in the Big 10 already. It just hasn't been officially announced yet.

Could just be rumors tho
Old 06-10-2010 | 10:51 AM
Banned

Update:

Nebraska will join the Big Ten on Friday.
Colorado will join the Pac-10 on Thursday.
Texas A&M has been talking to the SEC for months.

Old 06-10-2010 | 11:00 AM
Q('.')=O

chaos...

I just read that Texas Governor Rick Perry is going to meet with all the Texas schools, including Baylor, to see what they can do to keep all the Texas schools together (Pac 10 doesn't want Baylor lol).
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:02 AM
Banned

^ and that may leverage all four to the SEC.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:05 AM
nnInn

The NCAA will go away once the majority of the big schools are in Conferences. Look for there to be about four of them, then pull away from the NCAA to run their own leagues. Maybe a real National Champion will come from this.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:06 AM
Карты убийцы

^ that will be too unbalanced to the SEC West... Only two teams from Texas and one from Florida (Miami) and one from Virginia (Virginia Tech) into the East would be in the best interest of the SEC for TV markets.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:08 AM
Banned

My wife and I had a discussion about that, and I thought the same thing. However, as she pointed out, I don't think federal law as it exists today would allow that. The NCAA still has to exist as a clearinghouse for scholarships, government money, Title IX, etc.

Once she ran down the litany of reasons why it wouldn't be allowed to happen, I was forced to agree.

And under the SEC annexed Texas angle, Auburn and Alabama would probably shift to the east. Can't say I care for that at all.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:09 AM
nnInn

What is happening now is only the beginning. Wait for what happens over the next couple of years.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:10 AM
Карты убийцы

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
The NCAA will go away once the majority of the big schools are in Conferences. Look for there to be about four of them, then pull away from the NCAA to run their own leagues. Maybe a real National Champion will come from this.
The NCAA doesn't and hasn't crowned a Division I football champion ever. The NCAA will have a purpose, but football will be it's own enterprise.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:14 AM
Карты убийцы

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA

And under the SEC annexed Texas angle, Auburn and Alabama would probably shift to the east. Can't say I care for that at all.
OMG the SEC East would collapse on itself under that scenario... UT, UGA, UF, Auburn, Bama, and of course the Gamecocks.... my Gamecocks need to go to the ACC to have a chance a winning a conference.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:21 AM
Banned

That's why I wouldn't like it. UK, and Vandy might joint you.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:24 AM
nnInn

Originally Posted by Professor
The NCAA doesn't and hasn't crowned a Division I football champion ever. The NCAA will have a purpose, but football will be it's own enterprise.
Well we are talking about college football here.
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:52 AM
Bent = #1

The 4 Texas schools will not join the SEC.. they won't all be invited. The only 2 schools would be Texas & Texas A&M.

If the Big 10 &/or Pac 10 go to 16 I look for the SEC to add 4 of the following..

Miami, FSU, UNC, Clemson, GT, VT (assuming Texas and it's posse go to the Pac 10).
Old 06-10-2010 | 11:54 AM
Banned

Zero point adding GT. UNC would never leave the Duke rivalry.
Old 06-10-2010 | 12:04 PM
Bent = #1

Really all of this is hanging on what Texas does.. Rumors now that they may go to the Pac 10 without the other Texas schools. By adding Texas & Colorado the Pac 10 now has 12 and can have a conference championship game.
Old 06-10-2010 | 12:10 PM
Banned

Texas, by state law, cannot move on it's own.
Old 06-10-2010 | 12:20 PM
Bent = #1

I've heard that, but don't believe that. Why can the SEC talk solely to Texas A&M?
Old 06-10-2010 | 12:22 PM
Карты убийцы

Question: Can a conference kick out a school without reason? I know USCeast really wants to stay SEC.

Fawking Notre Dame. If their independent ass would join the Big 10, this thing would be settled.
Old 06-10-2010 | 12:39 PM
Bent = #1

Question: Can a conference kick out a school without reason? I know USCeast really wants to stay SEC.

Fawking Notre Dame. If their independent ass would join the Big 10, this thing would be settled.
No SEC team will be kicked out. I don't know the exit rule, but 9 out of the 12 teams have to vote for a team to be added.
Old 06-10-2010 | 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
I've heard that, but don't believe that. Why can the SEC talk solely to Texas A&M?
Because Texas is the money machine.

State law it may not be. That point isn't clear right now. But there is evidence that the Texas Legislature might do everything short of that to make sure Tech is attached to Texas. UT and TAM are AAU schools. Both have a long history of academics and athletics. Tech has none of the above.

I believe 9 of 12 schools must approve adding, I would assume the same thing would apply to kicking someone out.

If A&M joins, I see the SEC making a play for VT. I'd personally like Texas instead, but there you go.
Old 06-10-2010 | 01:02 PM
Bent = #1

Because Texas is the money machine.

State law it may not be. That point isn't clear right now. But there is evidence that the Texas Legislature might do everything short of that to make sure Tech is attached to Texas. UT and TAM are AAU schools. Both have a long history of academics and athletics. Tech has none of the above.

I believe 9 of 12 schools must approve adding, I would assume the same thing would apply to kicking someone out.

If A&M joins, I see the SEC making a play for VT. I'd personally like Texas instead, but there you go.
Right it's not state law, but the legislators wouldn't allow it. Wherever Texas goes A&M, OU & TT will most likely go.. that adds on OK. State. I think those 5 end up in the Pac10.

The Big 10 will add Mizzou, Rutgers, ND, Pitt to finish out the 16.

The SEC will add FSU, Clemson, VT, Miami. This would bring in natural rivalries and make the SEC have the best list of rivalries in the nation.
Old 06-10-2010 | 01:10 PM
Banned

Right it's not state law, but the legislators wouldn't allow it. Wherever Texas goes A&M, OU & TT will most likely go.. that adds on OK. State. I think those 5 end up in the Pac10.
Those may indeed go west. But A&M can stand on it's own much better than Baylor or Tech can. By adding A&M only, the SEC gets a sizeable market share in Texas even without UT.

The Big 10 will add Mizzou, Rutgers, ND, Pitt to finish out the 16.
ND has no incentive to join unless the Big East falls apart.

The SEC will add FSU, Clemson, VT, Miami. This would bring in natural rivalries and make the SEC have the best list of rivalries in the nation.
It's not about rivalries. It's about money. Clemson doesn't add much. Miami isn't a fit on any level outside of being the #11 market. FSU adds little, and Florida might oppose. VT is the only logical one there, as it gives an inroads into ACC and Big East owned markets.

There was a big push when they joined the ACC to have both VA teams in the same conference. Who's to say they'd leave after a few short years? The SEC could keep the same teams and still be in a very strong position.
Old 06-10-2010 | 01:17 PM
Bent = #1

Those may indeed go west. But A&M can stand on it's own much better than Baylor or Tech can. By adding A&M only, the SEC gets a sizeable market share in Texas even without UT.
So A&M will leave the conference by themselves, but Texas won't? The SEC expanding will solely depend on where Texas goes, and who they bring along.

ND has no incentive to join unless the Big East falls apart.
f the Big10 gets up to 16 teams, I think ND joins. Again Texas' move will start the domino effect.. SEC will pick up ACC teams, and ACC will pick up Big East teams.

It's not about rivalries. It's about money. Clemson doesn't add much. Miami isn't a fit on any level outside of being the #11 market. FSU adds little, and Florida might oppose. VT is the only logical one there, as it gives an inroads into ACC and Big East owned markets.

There was a big push when they joined the ACC to have both VA teams in the same conference. Who's to say they'd leave after a few short years? The SEC could keep the same teams and still be in a very strong position.
Yes it's about money, and Clemson sells out their games, and puts a competitive team on the field every weekend. They fit in with the SEC in culture and other sports beside football.

I agree Miami isn't a fit, but if the SEC expands they will take 4 teams. Who replaces Miami assuming Texas A&M goes to the Pac10?

FSU - Same reasons as Clemson, and Urban Meyer said on the radio today that he would welcome FSU & Miami to the SEC.

VT would be a perfect fit.

If the Pac10 & Big10 go to 16 teams the SEC will do the same.. it will not be left behind as other conferences get bigger.
Old 06-10-2010 | 01:31 PM
Banned

So A&M will leave the conference by themselves, but Texas won't? The SEC expanding will solely depend on where Texas goes, and who they bring along.
It's mostly about TV markets. What the Pac-10 and SEC can negotiate in their next contracts. A&M gets you Dallas, Houston, San Antonio...the same markets Texas gets. It would obviously not be as big of a get, but it still gets your teams into those markets. Remember, it's almost all about TV.

f the Big10 gets up to 16 teams, I think ND joins. Again Texas' move will start the domino effect.. SEC will pick up ACC teams, and ACC will pick up Big East teams.
ND isn't going to give up it's TV deal (there's that thing again) to be the last team into a conference. It's not how they do business. ND is going to look after it's contract first, it's non-revenue sports second. The Big Ten has a lot of markets that it dominates. ND is in EVERY market. That's not something to take lightly. There are alumni and supporters on every continent. ND isn't going to give up trips to Los Angeles just to make sure the lacrosse team has somewhere to play.

Yes it's about money, and Clemson sells out their games, and puts a competitive team on the field every weekend. They fit in with the SEC in culture and other sports beside football.
Not tickets, TV. The Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville market isn't going to move the meter.

I agree Miami isn't a fit, but if the SEC expands they will take 4 teams. Who replaces Miami assuming Texas A&M goes to the Pac10?
If A&M goes west, the SEC won't add anyone. They aren't going to add teams just to add teams. Slive has said as much.

FSU - Same reasons as Clemson, and Urban Meyer said on the radio today that he would welcome FSU & Miami to the SEC.
Again, no TV market. Not even in the top 100. I think it would be a decent fit, but then again Urban isn't the one making the vote.

VT would be a perfect fit.
If Virginia athletics were a bit better, I'd argue they'd be an even better one.

If the Pac10 & Big10 go to 16 teams the SEC will do the same.. it will not be left behind as other conferences get bigger.
Only if they get two automatic bids. Otherwise, no. Not until it's time to renegotiate TV deals.
Old 06-10-2010 | 01:51 PM
Bent = #1

You realize that Texas is leaving the Big 12. They will take at least 1 other Texas school with them. Ideally, UT, TAMU, TT, OU, OKState will go to the Pac 10. Then the Big 10 will add Missouri, ND, Rutgers, Pitt.

I will bet you that if the Big 12 South schools join the Pac 10 then ND will join the Big 10.

I will also bet you that if the Big10/Pac10 expand to 16 the SEC will follow suit.

It's not just about TV market.. the schools I've mentioned to the SEC compete in the same sports as the current SEC, and location wise serve the SEC better.
Old 06-10-2010 | 02:05 PM
Banned

You're free to believe what you wish.
Old 06-10-2010 | 02:15 PM
Q('.')=O

This is true. From how I know it, the only two Texas schools truly tied together by state law are Texas and A&M. If Texas decides to go to the Pac 10 then A&M must go with them unless A&M wishes it would rather go in a different direction .. ala SEC.

And of course this is all about getting into bigger markets (Dallas, Houston...) so IF A&M went to the SEC then no point going for GT too since they already have UGA.

I heard that if the 6 Big 12 teams depart to the Pac 10 (Nebraska to Big 10)then Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa St, Baylor would all be absorbed into the Big East. And Mizzou would be shit outta luck

Quite an interesting topic eh?
Old 06-10-2010 | 02:32 PM
an asshole from florida

Id love for Miami and FSU to join the SEC. But if they join, it would either have to stay at 14 or the other two to make 16 teams would have to be more middle ground teams. Imagine having to play Bama Auburn LSU UGA Tenn USCe Florida FSU UM Arkansas year in year out. I know that it wouldnt necessarily be year in year out but that looks like a force to be reckoned with.
Old 06-10-2010 | 02:35 PM
Banned

I really don't want a 16-team conference. It would kill OOC games, or it would make us dissolve our Auburn rivalry.

14 is one thing...I don't think I want to add four.
Old 06-10-2010 | 03:07 PM
Drifting

This whole thing is a complete clusterfuck. The Big 12 is over as we know it. Mountain West, here we come!
Old 06-10-2010 | 03:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by imj0257
I heard that if the 6 Big 12 teams depart to the Pac 10 (Nebraska to Big 10)then Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa St, Baylor would all be absorbed into the Big East. And Mizzou would be shit outta luck

Quite an interesting topic eh?
Very interesting indeed. Why do you think Baylor and Iowa State would be invited to the Big East and not Mizzou?

Although a possibility and anybody's guess I don't see any of these teams going to the Big East.
Old 06-10-2010 | 03:19 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

One thing that's for sure, all these conferences will need new names!

My proposal:

Big 10 -> The Original Big
Pac 10 -> The Big West
SEC -> South East Big
ACC -> Atlantic Big
Big 12 -> The Big Dead
Old 06-10-2010 | 04:01 PM
Bent = #1

The biggest thing about getting 16 team conferences is there will be a better chance of a playoff happening.

I really don't want a 16-team conference. It would kill OOC games, or it would make us dissolve our Auburn rivalry.

14 is one thing...I don't think I want to add four.
7 division games, 2 games against the other division, 3 cupcake games

Originally Posted by jayhawk815
Very interesting indeed. Why do you think Baylor and Iowa State would be invited to the Big East and not Mizzou?

Although a possibility and anybody's guess I don't see any of these teams going to the Big East.
Mizzou will probably go to the Big 10.
Old 06-10-2010 | 04:22 PM
Bent = #1

Latest rumors being posted, and some being reported from news outlets is..

Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska & ND to the Big 10.

Oklahoma petitioning to join the SEC.
Old 06-10-2010 | 04:26 PM
Matt

WTF is happening? Im still trying to make sense of all this. Found out today that Lew Perkins is retiring too. Is there no hope for the Big 12? Cant we absorb a few teams from the MWC? Big 12 had such a great season last year.

Last edited by STL+3.0CL; 06-10-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2010 | 04:26 PM
Карты убийцы

^ Ok for OK. We still need one in the east for the SEC... what about South Florida... one of the better teams in Florida?

Quick Reply: NCAA: Conference Realignments