Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

The Colts are cheaters...

Old 11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Colts are cheaters...

Not even teams who cheat can beat the Patriots...

The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...?urn=nfl,52422
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

I remember reading on another forum that someone heard the CD skip.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
losers
Old 11-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

These accusations occur about 20 tmes a season. It's only getting media run because it was supposedly against the Pats who are confirmed and admitted cheaters.

The RCA dome is tiny, so it is LOUD...when the NFL finds them guilty of this, then it is noteworthy...until then, it is simply ordinary and common griping.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
why are they whining? they won and are 9-0. they r just tryin to take the heat of their own cheating a$$es.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

And the Pats have been accused of piping in crowd noise at Foxboro, too....like I said, these accusations are very common, and always amount to nothing.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,854 Likes on 14,002 Posts
Well, if the Pats got dinged only a draft pick and $500K for video taping, then I think the Colts should be dinged only a cupcake and two twinkies for piping in noise since on the cheating scale, it is so far down the totem pole.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome. This whole thing is just turning everyone into a bunch of paranoid snitchers.

Hey Kraft, they had this little thing called evidence and proof against your team. Do you?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Senior Moderator

I remember 1-2 years ago on a Monday night game they specifically showed images of microphones around the stadium and talked about the noise and the microphones..
Old 11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Big White Chocolate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The Indianapolis Colts contend the debate about the decibel level in the RCA Dome is merely noise, and now they have the NFL taking their side.

A day after some unusual sounds were heard during the Colts-Patriots broadcast Sunday, the NFL issued a statement saying what sounded like simulated crowd noise was actually created by the CBS production crew, not the Colts.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," the league said. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Network officials did not give any additional details, referring only to the league's statement. The telecast received the highest rating overnight rating, 22.5, of any Sunday afternoon regular-season NFL game since at least 1987 and had a 39 share nationally.

The Web site YouTube carried a 1-minute, 10-second clip entitled "Indy Cheats" that replayed the moments in question.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, a 14-yard pass from Tom Brady to Randy Moss, the crowd noise is heard before and during the play, then immediately cuts out when Moss is tackled. In addition, there appeared to be a vibration in the sound while the crowd was cheering.

A published report on yahoo.com said Patriots president Jonathan Kraft complained to NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich afterward. Kraft is the son of Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

Any enhancement of crowd noise would violate NFL rules, and Patriots spokesman Stacey James denied the team either filed or intended to file a formal complaint with the league.

It's not the first time Indianapolis has been accused of such tactics. The Pittsburgh Steelers complained about the same thing after a 26-7 loss at the dome in November 2005. Since then, other teams have informally contended there is artificial noise pumped into the dome.

The Colts have continually denied the accusations, and issued their strongest worded statement yet on Monday.

"We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way," the team said.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick, no stranger to controversy, did not discuss those allegations during his regularly scheduled news conference Monday. Instead, Belichick said he was more concerned with communication problems he said existed between Patriots coaches and Brady.

"Basically, we didn't have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all of the plays, which is unusual, but that's the way it was," he said. "What all was going on, I can't tell you, but I can tell you that, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless."

The latest accusations add yet another chapter to this already heated rivalry.

There have been complaints about leaving the field at Gillette Stadium uncovered the night before games and contentions Pats defenders were illegally holding receivers downfield.

Now there's crowd noise, communication issues and even something as simple as a postgame handshake between Colts coach Tony Dungy and Belichick, who quickly walked past Dungy as Dungy attempted to speak with him Sunday.

Dungy downplayed the incident.

"Bill is fine, he's a good guy, that's the way he is win or lose," Dungy said. "He's just an intense guy out there. I wouldn't describe it any way other than what it is."
Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Just dial 1911

I wouldn't describe it any way other than what it is.
A douche bag with a chip on his shoulder who just blew you off? Ok...
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHQTcFQEMXo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHQTcFQEMXo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Fine. 2 cupcakes and 2 twinkies.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jonesi
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHQTcFQEMXo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHQTcFQEMXo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
That is what was heard on the TV only. If there was a "CD" playing crowd noise that was so loud as to dominate any actual crowd noise that "skipped" like that, it would be so patently obvious that we'd already hear about the fines.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM

lolll nice try after getting called out for cheating - the network admittedly blamed it on feedback from their setup at the game.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
Awesome. This whole thing is just turning everyone into a bunch of paranoid snitchers.

Hey Kraft, they had this little thing called evidence and proof against your team. Do you?

he would but you took his cameras away...
Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by savage
he would but you took his cameras away...
Because he was cheating with them.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by sonnyg80
lolll nice try after getting called out for cheating - the network admittedly blamed it on feedback from their setup at the game.
Yup, that's exactly what that sound is. The Colts weren't cheating; they lost fair and square despite the best efforts of the officiating crew.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 AM

nobody likes a bunch of whiney winners
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Luke 1:37

Who cares. As long as we win, then that game is in the past. I'm looking forward to beating and humiliating our next opponent.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Who cares. As long as we win, then that game is in the past. I'm looking forward to beating and humiliating our next opponent.
Typical Boston sports fan....no class.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pull_T
Typical Boston sports fan....no class.
Hahaha, you're too funny. Stop being ignorant ok?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Hahaha, you're too funny. Stop being ignorant ok?
I stand corrected.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 AM

I stand corrected.
First off...have you ever lived in Boston and hung out with Boston fans?

Second...why do you believe we have no class?

Third...stop FOCKIN' hatin'. I know Boston fans are ALL OVER the US. If you find any fans that dedicated and their cheers resonate at visiting stadiums and fields, then please list them.

I really want to know why you think Boston fans are classless. I guess it sucks being on top and everyone being envious of your teams.

GO SOX, PATS and CELTICS! Bruins...you'll be back on top...

btw. I enjoy humiliating all these teams after the whole video scandal. Shows that we are not great because of that stupid video (though I believe every team does it), but we are truly that great.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
They should pipe in some Abba...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Banned

why do you believe we have no class?

Hmm...

II guess it sucks being on top
I enjoy humiliating all these teams
Who cares. As long as we win
Those indicate having no class.

As obnoxious as Boston fans were all those years of losing, they are making up for it that last few years as insufferable winners.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 AM

win w/ out cheating and whining and respect the other teams, then you can say you have class
Old 11-06-2007, 09:32 AM

Honestly, i just think it's funny that fans are still jumping on the 'so they think we cheated with videos' hooplah...if the media didn't make note of that's why the Pats are playing lights out, the fans would have no idea what to bring up as 'vindication'.

Just play, quit bitching (everyone, not just the patriots) and get to where your team needs to be, the championship game
Old 11-06-2007, 10:39 AM

Hmm...

Those indicate having no class.

As obnoxious as Boston fans were all those years of losing, they are making up for it that last few years as insufferable winners.
I'll see you at the Championships...wait, does मुंबई, भारत have a football team?

And I'm sorry you live in a city that has no devoted fans...

One more thing...can everyone just stop hatin' on us...damn.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

^ Um, dude...Pull_T's in Texas.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Yumchah
^ Um, dude...Pull_T's in Texas.
I didn't know मुंबई, भारत stands for Texas...

And I think I'm done with this thread. Its just annoying to see everyone hatin' on Boston sports team just because their teams aren't up to par. You didn't see us Boston fans hatin' on other teams when we were "losing" as Pull_T didn't eloquently note.

Have fun with this thread guys. Whatever you guys say, I'm still a devoted fan that won't let any haters talk Sh!t about our teams.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 AM

I'll see you at the Championships...wait, does मुंबई, भारत have a football team?

And I'm sorry you live in a city that has no devoted fans...

One more thing...can everyone just stop hatin' on us...damn.
Was i talking shit? I was stating the obvious, for everyone - not just your team...quit getting so sensitive.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator

It goes with the territory of having a successful team, VB...

And honestly, you need to have thicker skin if you want to post in any sports forum when you're cheering for the apparent top dog. And really, what you're dealing with is no different than what alot of NYers were up against when their franchises were on top. So, your complaint is a bit silly.

But, here's the thing: the Patriots have not won anything. They are however the favourite going as we head into January. However, the smear they left with the camera-gate, the way the team is obviously playing to humiliate the opponent is not some "bias" other city sports fans are seeing...I'm not sure if I'm with Pull_T on his assessment of Boston fans been classless. GreenMonster is a great guy and loves his Boston teams, BstonBruin is as well...

So, I think Pully's more or less just playing around and goading you by doing his usual blanket statements...And honestly? You played right into his trap.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Big White Chocolate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
First off...have you ever lived in Boston and hung out with Boston fans?

Second...why do you believe we have no class?

Third...stop FOCKIN' hatin'. I know Boston fans are ALL OVER the US. If you find any fans that dedicated and their cheers resonate at visiting stadiums and fields, then please list them.

I really want to know why you think Boston fans are classless. I guess it sucks being on top and everyone being envious of your teams.

GO SOX, PATS and CELTICS! Bruins...you'll be back on top...

btw. I enjoy humiliating all these teams after the whole video scandal. Shows that we are not great because of that stupid video (though I believe every team does it), but we are truly that great.
Yes, I have lived in Boston and I have been to Fenway. That's the only time I felt a fight could break out right next to me at any time.

And WTF are your talking about? Kraft was the one who brought up the Colts cheating. Accusing someone of cheating with zero evidence = no class, especially since I haven't heard any apology.

Running up the score late in the game = no class, and can be dangerous. One of these games when the Pats are up big and still trying to score, the opposing D will send everyone after Brady.

Humiliating an opponent = no class.

Having good sportsmanship = class.

And the Yankees have a big following nationwide. I've been to A's games where the cheers are bigger for N.Y. than Oakland.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Drifting

bong, you proved it yourself that boston fans have no class. they are worse than yankee fans...
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM

I didn't know मुंबई, भारत stands for Texas...

And I think I'm done with this thread. Its just annoying to see everyone hatin' on Boston sports team just because their teams aren't up to par. You didn't see us Boston fans hatin' on other teams when we were "losing" as Pull_T didn't eloquently note.

Have fun with this thread guys. Whatever you guys say, I'm still a devoted fan that won't let any haters talk Sh!t about our teams.

you are about as whiney as your team.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
You guys are too funny, we started talking about the colts and ended up on "classless pats and pats fans" . When you are on the top everyone is going to take a swing at you, from cameragate to running up the score. The real whiners are people who rather whine about it and not put up on the field. Pats can only take their aggression out on the field rather than mouthing off to the media.

Its time to put up or shut up, dont call us whiny and classless if you cant put up on the field where things are suppose to be settled. As neteditor said, this is getting blown out of proportion, only cause pats are 9-0 I am sure if they were 0-9 then thing would have been different. Even then I would have loved the hypocrisy when people would have been saying " see we told you so that the cheating WAS indeed helping them win".
Old 11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Go B's Go

I had a long response written in this thread when right when I went to post it firefox froze. So here's the shortened version.

There is a reason why people love talking about sports, it's because everybody has their own opinion etc. I realize that I should appreciate a team like the Patriots being as good as they are while it lasts, because usually tend to swing up and down. Look at the Patriots of the early 90s and now.

Can we just all appreciate our teams for what they are, no need to bag out entire city's for having bad sports fans. Everybody has their good and bad.

/rant

wow it sounded ten times better the first time I had it written..donno why

thanks yumchah
Old 11-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by BstonBruin
because everybody has their own opinion etc.
Unfortunately for you, there is no opinion about the fact that the Patriots are cheaters as the organization and head coach were severely punished for it.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Go B's Go

Originally Posted by joerockt
Unfortunately for you, there is no opinion about the fact that the Patriots are cheaters as the organization and head coach were severely punished for it.

I wasn't talking about that incident. I was talking about sports fans in general.

Of course I agree with the NFL's penalties and obviously don't condone cheating in any way, however its not going to stop me from loving the team. What would you like Pats fans to do, move on to another team?

Quick Reply: The Colts are cheaters...