AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues (https://acurazine.com/forums/sports-talk-fantasy-leagues-38/)
-   -   08 NBA Playoff Thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/sports-talk-fantasy-leagues-38/08-nba-playoff-thread-389424/)

JediMindTricks 05-16-2008 01:06 PM

surprised nobody's mentioned lebron telling his mom to "sit yo ass down"

:rofl:

WdnUlik2no 05-16-2008 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
surprised nobody's mentioned lebron telling his mom to "sit yo ass down"

:werd: that shit was funny.

WdnUlik2no 05-16-2008 09:53 PM

Home team always wins :yawn:

JediMindTricks 05-16-2008 11:55 PM

i know that the celtics are doing their "job" by winning all their home games, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

i didn't watch the game, but on the radio, everyone's been knocking on rondo. i'm sorry. if you can't win despite only allowing 74 points, the onus is on more than an inexperienced point guard. you gotta start with the coach and look at your "big 3."

i was rooting for the celtics to win the trophy because i've always been big fans of KG, pierce, and ray allen. but even though they're "taking care of business" by protecting their homecourt advantage, they do not look like a championship caliber team to me.

go rockets. damnit! detroit, what!

JediMindTricks 05-17-2008 12:14 AM

oh, and another rambling:

i've criticized lamar odom in sports talk several times by saying he's one of my favorite yet most frustrating player in the league. but it's good to see him play so well lately.

dude's got all the talent and gifts, and it's good to see him finally utilize it to good use.

S14 n Tsx 05-17-2008 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
Home team always wins :yawn:

not tonight, Utah lost.

Osamu 05-17-2008 01:20 AM

oh, and another rambling:

i've criticized lamar odom in sports talk several times by saying he's one of my favorite yet most frustrating player in the league. but it's good to see him play so well lately.

dude's got all the talent and gifts, and it's good to see him finally utilize it to good use.

:werd:
I remember when he was on the clippers all stoned out, just sitting on the 3 point line all game, but once in a while he would show glimpses of greatness. I loved that clipper team though.

but :woot: for the lakers.

I wonder if Ariza will come back for next series. I guess it would depend who they are playing and how vladi and walton are doing.

WdnUlik2no 05-17-2008 12:49 PM

i know that the celtics are doing their "job" by winning all their home games, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

i didn't watch the game, but on the radio, everyone's been knocking on rondo. i'm sorry. if you can't win despite only allowing 74 points, the onus is on more than an inexperienced point guard. you gotta start with the coach and look at your "big 3."

i was rooting for the celtics to win the trophy because i've always been big fans of KG, pierce, and ray allen. but even though they're "taking care of business" by protecting their homecourt advantage, they do not look like a championship caliber team to me.

yeah the Celtics are very frustrating to watch. You almost know they will lose on the road and it IS ridiculous. Even if they win game 7, if they play that same half assed ball against the Pistons then they will lose the series. I would think after getting hammered by the hawks 3 times in Atlanta they would get their act together but I guess not.

I am hoping for a Celtics/Lakers finals just to relive my memories of their rivalry in the 80's. I've always used to HATE the lakers up until a few years ago, but now as hard as it is for me to say, I really don't hate them anymore and actually found myself rooting for them last night.

Ironically, the team I hate now is the Spurs who I used to enjoy watching beating L.A bacl in day. I hope the Hornets whoop their asses and send cheap shot Rob home.

Yumcha 05-17-2008 01:02 PM

:popcorn: @ Celtics and Cavs series...

JediMindTricks 05-17-2008 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
yeah the Celtics are very frustrating to watch. You almost know they will lose on the road and it IS ridiculous. Even if they win game 7, if they play that same half assed ball against the Pistons then they will lose the series. I would think after getting hammered by the hawks 3 times in Atlanta they would get their act together but I guess not.

I am hoping for a Celtics/Lakers finals just to relive my memories of their rivalry in the 80's. I've always used to HATE the lakers up until a few years ago, but now as hard as it is for me to say, I really don't hate them anymore and actually found myself rooting for them last night.

Ironically, the team I hate now is the Spurs who I used to enjoy watching beating L.A bacl in day. I hope the Hornets whoop their asses and send cheap shot Rob home.

absolutely agree.

to me, it seems like when boston's playing at home, they have the luxury of blowing out their opponents. but it's like they don't know how to play when it's a close game on the road. there are several theories as to why that is...such as boston not having a go-to player in the end. we've seen and are seeing again tha KG is not that person. PP should be, but he keeps deferring to jump shots

i used to hate the lakers too when they were winning, and i've always hated the spurs. but i enjoyed it when SA would knock the lakers out. but there's no team i hate more than the spurs.

and yea. if boston keeps playing this way, they're not beating the pistons.

goose25 05-17-2008 01:56 PM

For what it's worth, since the playoffs began the Celtics look like one of the worst 60 win teams in league history and their coaching sucks ass. There is no way they should have been taken to 7 games by Atlanta and Cleveland and they are not exploiting their favorable matchups with either team. One of their so called big 3 needs to step up and take over games and quit fiddle-faddling around with these other teams. For the record, if they make it past Cleveland they'll get their asses handed to them by the Pistons.

JediMindTricks 05-17-2008 02:18 PM

:agree:

is300eater 05-18-2008 03:39 AM

Detroit could've taken a vacation :sleep:

Jason1000RR 05-18-2008 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by is300eater
Detroit could've taken a vacation :sleep:

Seriously! I'm sure RasheedW is probably busy shooting more "NBA Cares" commercials.

goose25 05-18-2008 03:11 PM

The Celtics are at it again, this is perhaps the worst coaching staff amongst those remaining in the playoffs. Why in the hell don't they run plays for Ray Allen? Why isn't Garnett banging down low instead of taking those jump shots? What the hell is wrong with Doc Rivers, is he just not a big game coach?

goose25 05-18-2008 03:31 PM

It looks as if Paul Pierce has decided to step it up today and be the hero, Garnett seems passive and Ray Allen is still MIA

h2o-pr00f 05-18-2008 03:45 PM

LOL @ the Boston fans changing MVP to KG.. :rolleyes:

JT Money 05-18-2008 04:31 PM

Pretty entertaining 2nd half so far. . .

JediMindTricks 05-18-2008 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by goose25
The Celtics are at it again, this is perhaps the worst coaching staff amongst those remaining in the playoffs. Why in the hell don't they run plays for Ray Allen? Why isn't Garnett banging down low instead of taking those jump shots? What the hell is wrong with Doc Rivers, is he just not a big game coach?

1. :agree: horrible coaching.

2. :agree: but ray allen has looked a shadow of himself during the playoffs. he's pretty much resorted to being a spot up shooter.

3. KG never bangs low. as intense as the guy is, he's never been a physical player. he has the moves, height, and athleticism to play down low, but he's never been a low post banger. it's funny how webber has always gotten criticized for that, but KG always seems to get a pass.

4. no, he's not a big game coach. he looks clueless out there.

as much as i'd like to see the big 3 win the trophy, i hope detroit wins the entire thing now because they actually look like they know what they're doing.

and :co: statement of the day, but lebron is just scary good. ben wallace is listed at 6'9", and lebron looks like he's the same height now. so he's grown an inch since he's entered the league? :shakehead just scary. if he keeps workign on his defense, i don't know what to say...

savage 05-18-2008 09:52 PM

Lebron is scary and he still has room to grow... I was on the edge of my seat the whole game.

If the Celtics are going to win it Paul needs to step up like tonight. He is the MVP to their offense while KG is the MVP to the defense.

Let's go Celtics, take Detroit down!!!

Jason1000RR 05-18-2008 11:08 PM

The Cav's biggest problem is; LeBron doesn't have a #2. It'd be nice for them to of advanced tonight but they need more weapons.

Go Detroit.

playa4real 05-19-2008 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jason1000RR
The Cav's biggest problem is; LeBron doesn't have a #2. It'd be nice for them to of advanced tonight but they need more weapons.

Go Detroit.

def agree. if lebron can get the cavs this far essentially by himself, imagine if he did have a #2.

as for the celts..they have 3 major players, yet as someone mentioned above they are playing like one of the worst teams in the playoffs. if they couldnt change going from the hawks to the cavs, i doubt theyll change that much going to detroit. my $ is on detroit

joerockt 05-19-2008 10:06 PM

Fawking Spurs :bored:

Now I get to see, again, Duncans ugly fuckin face vs. Lakers...super...

JediMindTricks 05-19-2008 10:08 PM

:damn:

so close.

batman 05-19-2008 10:12 PM

GO SPURS GO

S14 n Tsx 05-19-2008 10:31 PM

SPURS FTMFW!!!!

:woot:

Mokos23 05-19-2008 10:48 PM

dang those spurs, duncan is so boring. hopefully the lakers will take them.

WdnUlik2no 05-19-2008 10:54 PM

damn I hate the Spurs.

S14 n Tsx 05-19-2008 11:02 PM

^^^ :rofl: more you guys hate, more I love about spurs....

sonnyg80 05-20-2008 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx

what do you love about spurs? :tongue:

yunginTL 05-20-2008 12:13 PM

i hoped for hornets oh well...fuck the spurs and the celtics

sonnyg80 05-20-2008 12:20 PM

what a boring finals itll be if its detroit and san antonio :ugh:

goose25 05-20-2008 12:21 PM

Oh noes, not another two weeks of hearing about the big Fundamental Duncan and about the Spurs teamwork. Though I hate Kobe "Therapist" Bryant I'll be rooting for the Lakers to win this series and take on Detroit in the Finals.

joerockt 05-20-2008 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx

The more you love more hate spurs for more for me.

elessar 05-20-2008 01:23 PM

Kobe "Therapist" Bryant

:spit: "BUCK FUTTER!"

http://www.influks.com/upload/previews/913.jpg

elessar 05-20-2008 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by joerockt

WTF did you just say? :rofl:

JediMindTricks 05-20-2008 01:24 PM

Oh noes, not another two weeks of hearing about the big Fundamental Duncan and about the Spurs teamwork. Though I hate Kobe "Therapist" Bryant I'll be rooting for the Lakers to win this series and take on Detroit in the Finals.

nice.

i read it as "therapist" at first. then i saw "the rapist"...

but i agree. never rooted for the lakers my whole life, and i find myself doing so now.

elessar 05-20-2008 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by elessar
I dunno if there's ever been an NBA champion that got every single one of their playoff & finals wins at home, but this could be the year.

:ninja:

joerockt 05-20-2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by elessar
WTF did you just say? :rofl:

me no want explain.

sonnyg80 05-20-2008 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by joerockt

:spit: