Feeler - KPtechnologies Group Buys

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Hybrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kpierson
Only 6 more hours left in this promotion.

As of right now we have NOT hit the maximum discount, but we are only two modules away from reaching that goal.

If you are intersted in any KPtechnologies product this is likely the last time this year you will be able to get a discount, so don't miss this chance to save some money on some great products!
Keviin,

I tried to email at your site but didn't get a response? Ever since AcuraZine switched servers on March 29th I have been unable to connect until just now (thanks to Robb and Sprint Broadband Tech who knew a workaround for a bad DNS entry...

Anyway, am I too late for this, where are the details on how and which module to order?

PS - If you let me in, I'll tell you how I defeated the horn blast confirmation
Old 04-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=59

That is our current promotion. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Slow Paper> No Paper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in for the window up module. If it is still going on.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Slow Paper> No Paper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hiptech
Keviin,

I tried to email at your site but didn't get a response? Ever since AcuraZine switched servers on March 29th I have been unable to connect until just now (thanks to Robb and Sprint Broadband Tech who knew a workaround for a bad DNS entry...

Anyway, am I too late for this, where are the details on how and which module to order?

PS - If you let me in, I'll tell you how I defeated the horn blast confirmation
What is this horn blast that you speak of?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Hybrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cdat
What is this horn blast that you speak of?
Whenever you press the remote (lock button) twice on the 04 (possibly the 05 too?) Acura uses the horn to confirm. I think the 06 and later replaced it with a much softer chirp from a piezo speaker?

Anyway, whenever you want to close the windows using the KP Technologies Window Roll Up, you must press the lock button twice on the remote. This blasts the horn which can be very annoying under most conditions.

There has been no real electrical fix for this yet (unless you want to disconnect the horn). But I discovered a few workarounds that prevent the horn from sounding without making any electrical mods.

1. If you pop the trunk first and then press the remote twice this locks the doors and rolls up the windows without sounding the horn.

Also, if you were driving with the windows down and want to shut all of them before getting out do the following:

2. Shut down the engine, keep the key in the ignition, unlock, open the door once and close it. Stay in the car and press the door lock switch (on the door not the remote) twice and the windows will roll up without the horn going off

Number 1 works well if you already outside the car and number 2 is more useful if you are already in the car.