2004-05 Acura Tl Illuminated Door Sills Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Great install Shots Adam, I will defenitly use some of your pics for my auctions and new set of directions. Great work you are very detailed. Again cant say thanks enough for your work.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Guys how are your installs going send me some feedback and everybody post some pics.

Looks like the few who have had probelms with the tape are using the Plastic Epoxy and it solves the problem.

Let me know
Old 05-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
when is the next group buy going to happen?
Old 05-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Going to start it soon, We do have 1 set left in stock if still intrested, Let me know

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Oakland Team Nighthawker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey, does anyone have suggestions for where in NYC i might get these installed? i thought it would be easy, and it ain't. i know there are instructions, but i'd prefer to have someone know what they were doing, from start to finish.

so...can anyone suggest a good place in the NYC area?
Old 05-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Supercomputers...in the next batch of sills for the group buy, will the rear ones be altered? because of the previous problem
Old 05-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Guys according to the maker there is no other way to have the rear sills bend so they work 100% They have to be able to fit over the stock plastic and not rub on the door.. The way we have it now they are not perfect but they do work for the application. We might included a small bottle of the epoxy so you get a better hold and there are no issues with the rears, We are still discussing it.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I think I've tapped every combination of grey/blue, yellow/blue, green/yellow wire that I have near the b pillar and no power from any of them. argh

vent off.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thorin Might be a better question to ask Adam, He has it down, pact. I am sure he would not mind taking a stab at it,
Old 05-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Also thorin not sure how far you are away from NY Dutchess county but I could have my guy take a look for you.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Thorin78
I think I've tapped every combination of grey/blue, yellow/blue, green/yellow wire that I have near the b pillar and no power from any of them. argh

vent off.
Power doesn't come from the b pillar area. You get it from the wires mentioned/pictured by the front kick panels. I don't know if there is any wire that you could use in the b pillar area, as I did not test any of them. Also, the wires tapped into in the kick panel area...I can tell you that they wind up going into the respective side front doors, so they are def. not run through the b pillar area.

Also how do you know you aren't getting power off the wires your tapped? Did you test it with a voltage tester or something? Or are you just using the sills to determine if you have power? If you are using the sills as your tester, that isn't good, becuase there might be a problem between the sills and what your tap in to.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Previous Owner

ok, I have 2 sills on the driver side done. However I can't find the Yellow/Green wire on the passenger side. I see a Green/Yellow wire tho. I'm also tapping to the wire conduit running along the side of the car and not by the kick panels. I also don't have a blue/grey wire either. But at least the driver side is done. Yay.

Heh, I accidently cut the back door switch on the driver side and had to resolder it back on. whoops.

So if anyone that's in an '04 and doing roughly the same thing as I did in trying to find a wire that's yellow/green on the passenger side, please show me where you tapped it into. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

ok, I have 2 sills on the driver side done. However I can't find the Yellow/Green wire on the passenger side. I see a Green/Yellow wire tho. I'm also tapping to the wire conduit running along the side of the car and not by the kick panels. I also don't have a blue/grey wire either. But at least the driver side is done. Yay.

Heh, I accidently cut the back door switch on the driver side and had to resolder it back on. whoops.

So if anyone that's in an '04 and doing roughly the same thing as I did in trying to find a wire that's yellow/green on the passenger side, please show me where you tapped it into. Thanks.

The gray/blue wire that we have been talking about is by the kick panel, it does not run down the side of the car (in the wire loom) at all. Even the original directions from Dave were talking about tapping into power in the front kick panel area.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Previous Owner

Adam, I see on your directions that you took out the connectors by the passenger side kickplate. how did you do that? was anything disconnected? if it's an easy removal, I'll do that. Also there is like a black box below that connector. do I have to remove that? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Adam, I see on your directions that you took out the connectors by the passenger side kickplate. how did you do that? was anything disconnected? if it's an easy removal, I'll do that. Also there is like a black box below that connector. do I have to remove that? Thanks.

Here, I just numbered my pictures so I could reference it better: http://www.sbadesign.com/acurazine/sills/

Check picture #23. That is the clip holding the connectors (with gray/blue constant power wire) to the car. That shot is taken from the angle of being in the footwell and looking up. It is sort of behind the glovebox. Use a screwdriver or pliers to squeeze the edges of that clip and you can then pull the wire connectors down so that you can work with them. I did not disconnect them from each other at all...yes it is easy.

That black box that you speak of...I assume you are speaking of the vertical black plastic on the left of picture #28? That is really just a wire track/loom. No, you don't have to touch that at all; the connectors are directly above that.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Previous Owner

Ok I see the yellow/green wire and I tapped into it on that connector. however the relays didn't make any sounds and no lights from the sills. I'll have to post a picture of where I found the wire later tonight. I didn't have a multi-meter at the time. But everything is set up, all I need to do is to get to the right wire.

The back sills don't rub, I put some extra double sided tape and it seems to be holding.

Where is Dutchess county? how far is that from NYC?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Ok I see the yellow/green wire and I tapped into it on that connector.
Thorin, what do you have 04? 05? I can tell you that on my 05, the yellow/green did not have any power. If you have an 05, try the gray/blue (this wire runs back to fuse 6, which is for the interior lights).
Old 05-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Post more directions!

I now have a full set of directions posted as I finished the install on my driver side last week.

http://www.sbadesign.com/acurazine/sills/

Now my car is

My status on the sills sticking to the OEM plastic is that everything is still good. I had to put a lot of double sided tape all over the rear sills, and I had to add additional tape to my front passenger. The front driver only has the original tape on it (I guess I got a better hold/set originally).
Old 05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Previous Owner

Adam, I have an '04. So it should be the yellow/green. I couldn't even find a gray/blue wire near there. However the gray/blue wire is on the driver side of the car. if all else fails, I will run a wire from the driver side to the passenger side through the back seats.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Adam, I have an '04. So it should be the yellow/green. I couldn't even find a gray/blue wire near there. However the gray/blue wire is on the driver side of the car. if all else fails, I will run a wire from the driver side to the passenger side through the back seats.
Well then I believe that is the correct wire you should use since that was in the directions. When you are testing them out, you have the door switches installed back into the car right? Because they need to be screwed into the car or they aren't grounded.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Previous Owner

Yes, everything is grounded. Perhaps the tap isn't working, but I don't think that's it either. Will have to work on it later today.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Previous Owner

ok here is the picture
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Thorin78/DSC01002.JPG
Old 05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Previous Owner

Update: all 4 lights are up and running now. but I didn't use the yellow/green wire as I couldn't get anything from them no matter what. I ran a wire under the rear seats from the driver side and hooked it up.

I think this exercise has been very tedious and frustrating. I'm very happy with the result. The sills look great. However it was a pain in the ass to install them. Good luck to everyone who will be buying them in the future. Perhaps you can sell installation services as well Supercomputers. Work out a deal with that acura tech and offer to install them for people if people would drive up to NY or something.

How many sets have been installed now? I think I know of 6 sets total from reading all this thread.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Thorin,
A few questions about your pic...

1) I see you tried using the 14-16 gauge T-taps...I think you used the wrong size, and maybe that is why you weren't getting a good connection? I used the 18-22 gauge, and I think that is the proper size to use.

2) According to the electrical manual, there should have been a gray/blue wire in the other connector (attached to the one you tapped)...furthest from the photo's vantage point.

3) I guess that is some white felt around the wires? That doesn't exist in my 05.

4) Also it doesn't look like you have the male disconnect pushed all the way onto the t-tap, but it might just be differences in the products we used.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Previous Owner

to answer your questions
1. yeah, i used 14-16 gauge taps, that's cuz that's the only ones that I could find at pepboys

2. the gray/blue wire is on the driver side, not on the passenger, and the blue wire you see is a solid blue wire, not a combo.

3. i think it's duct tape or something, it was a pain to cut that apart.

4. I pushed it all the way and still didn't see anything. There could be a few reasons why I didn't get power from there, bad connection with the taps, or it didn't cut the wire. If the wire that I did tap was right, maybe we can put that into the "full" documentation for the '04s. You're welcome to use the picture.

Well anyways, everything is hooked up so I'm really happy.

At one point yesterday, I was sitting upside down in the passenger seat with my head under the kick panel. Haha.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

1. yeah, i used 14-16 gauge taps, that's cuz that's the only ones that I could find at pepboys
I couldn't find any t-taps at my local pepboys at all. I went to like 6 stores and the only place I found them were autozone, and like you, all they had was 1 package of 14-16. So that night I wound up ordering a bunch of 12, 146-16, 18-22 gauge off of ebay.

At one point yesterday, I was sitting upside down in the passenger seat with my head under the kick panel. Haha.
I didn't think of doing that; maybe it would have worked out better. I was laying on my back with my body half out of the car...that was fun. I'm just happy I didn't screw up my back doing it.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Guys still have a few sets of these left, So the Group Buy is still open, Free Shipping to all Acurzine Members and a low cost of only 149.95. Help Spead the word for me so I can move these last few sets, All Payments should be sent to Mzbojangles1@aol.com for 149.95 Make sure you have your full name and address and these will ship out asap. We also have a full write up about them on our ebay auction and have added some of Adams Install Pics, If you have your sills installed take a few shots and share them with the board. I would love to see what they look like on all your cars,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Also just to keep you all updated we had a few issues with our test fit pedals had to make a few changes so were waiting for the final test set to arrive before we start a group buy on the item, Keep in mind all who ordered sills will get a discount on the pedals for buying both items from us,

I personally thank all of the support you have showed for these projects.

Thanks
Dave
PCA
Old 05-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Originally Posted by Supercomputers
Guys still have a few sets of these left, So the Group Buy is still open, Free Shipping to all Acurzine Members and a low cost of only 149.95. Help Spead the word for me so I can move these last few sets, All Payments should be sent to Mzbojangles1@aol.com for 149.95 Make sure you have your full name and address and these will ship out asap. We also have a full write up about them on our ebay auction and have added some of Adams Install Pics, If you have your sills installed take a few shots and share them with the board. I would love to see what they look like on all your cars,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Also just to keep you all updated we had a few issues with our test fit pedals had to make a few changes so were waiting for the final test set to arrive before we start a group buy on the item, Keep in mind all who ordered sills will get a discount on the pedals for buying both items from us,

Thanks
Dave
PCA

Dave,

I would like to know the status of my order. It has now been ONE MONTH since I submitted payment and I have not heard anything on the status. I would appreciate a response as you stated you had sills available to ship "ASAP".

I dont mean to post this on your thread, but you havent responded to my PM's, so I figured I'd try you here.... you are however sitting on $150 of mine and I would kinda like to know whats going on???

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Raw Dogg,

I have been trying to PM you for over a week but your PM mail box is overloaded and wont take anymore mail. Please E-mail me or call me So I can let you know, You should Have them by Tuesday.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks
Dave
PCA
Old 06-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Weekend Bump

Still have sills in Stock. Paypal Link is Above.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool, thanks for the update.

Do you have a guess as to the price of your Pedals? What kind of discount are us sill buyers looking at?

Did I miss a link to the pictures of the Pedals?

How long, after the group buy closes, will we have to wait for them to arrive?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:34 AM
The movement has started

Would anyone know if the 2nd gen cl sills would fit on a 1st gen cl. I seen these on a 3rd gen tl at a meet two weeks ago and i thought they were awsome.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:00 AM
The New Guy

For supercomputer........

I noticed you are selling the lighted sills for a low price of $149.95 w/free shipping for everyone here at acurazine (post #430)... but it's the same price for anyone that goes on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7975615242&sspa gename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT). Am I missing the deal? This was a group buy correct?
Also, are you planning on answering posts #346 & 386? It's been over a month....
Thanx
Old 06-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justin420ez
I noticed you are selling the lighted sills for a low price of $149.95 w/free shipping for everyone here at acurazine (post #430)... but it's the same price for anyone that goes on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7975615242&sspa gename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT). Am I missing the deal? This was a group buy correct?
Also, are you planning on answering posts #346 & 386? It's been over a month....
Thanx

I think the difference is in shipping...

well anyways, i installed the sills this weekend and they are okay...front ones went on really well...the rear ones just kept on popping up...i put 3M tape all over the bottom of the rear sills but it still wouldn't stick that well...i have epoxy but i am not sure if i want to go down that route...i'll have to find something else to make it fit better
Old 06-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Previous Owner

Try the velcro thing and put more 3m tape. Mine both on it. I didn't use epoxy, and the sills are on there pretty firmly.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Silky Smooth

Anybody in San Diego, LA area that can do this install with me? I need some help, I am going to attempt it this week. I printed out the directions from adam, since my sills never even came with directions... Pretty shitty, but I'm going to install them and if I dont like the fitment, I will just return them.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Just to answer your question. No TSX sills are under development at this time. If i see more intrest we will attempt it.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Insturctions are posted on this site and we have a set done by an acura tech e-mail me and we can send it to you.

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Originally Posted by justin420ez
Thanx
justin,

Dave was originally selling these on ebay for 169.95 and recently dropped his price.

Quick Reply: 2004-05 Acura Tl Illuminated Door Sills Group Buy