Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

Tint in Mississippi?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Tint in Mississippi?

Hey everybody,

I just did all my research about MS tint laws and searched here for places to get it done, but I can't come up with a reputable place.

Here's what I've found... Lowest legal tint is 28% and I'm ok with that. The law states that there has to be an inspection sticker placed on the window by the installer stating the specs of the tint. The problem is that I would feel more comfortable with getting it done in Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, etc. but they wont have the Mississippi inspection stickers. I got a quote today for $450, not including moleskin, and using Llumar tint... obviously I left and will not be going there.

I don't mind spending up to $400 if they're using Huper Optik, moleskin, and they have a lot of experience. I also don't mind spending $250 with a less awesome tint, but moleskin and experience have to be there no matter what because they have to do the full quarter window; no gaps on the molding will be accepted.

Does anybody have a shop they can recommend from personal experience on their Acura?

Thank you in advance!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Anyone?
Old 06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Racer

I do have an update, but I was planning on writing a longer post with pictures.

Cliffs: Tupelo Tint, install moleskin yourself. $349

I reached out to a guy that does car show production to see if he or his friends could recommend a quality shop. He told me about places in Olive Branch (just outside of Memphis), Biloxi (gulf coast), and Corinth (northeast).

The place in Corinth is called Radical Effects, and he wanted $190 to install a dyed tint. He cannot tint behind the quarter glass molding and he wanted the car from 9-4.

Biloxi is too far for me to go just to check out a place; same for Olive Branch. I went to another place in Tupelo called Tupelo Tint. They do home and auto installation. They are the only Huper Optik dealer in Tupelo, and upon request they will tint behind the quarter glass. I was the guinea pig. They did an excellent job, lifetime warranty, and it was $349 including tax. They also offer a higher quality tint from Huper, but installation price is $700. I installed the moleskin myself because they had never heard of it.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Racer

Oh, and it took them less than two hours, so I used their wifi and worked from the comfort of their leather couch.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Glad you found a place......sorry no one on here was able to help. Post up some pics so we can see the handy work.....