3G iSimple Install Help in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3G iSimple Install Help in LA?

Hey guys,

Just got the iSimple for my 05 TL. I tried doing the simple install described here: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/i-058-just-installed-peripheral-electronics-isimple-ipod-adapter-review-install-tips-697728/

However, I'm just too tall and/or too fat get in behind the driverside knee guard and wiggle my way to the harness. Also, I really don't want to take apart my dash for the first time on my own. I JUST got my car and I'd be beyond pissed if I messed anything up...

Sooo, I'm hoping someone in the LA area (I'm in Mar Vista, near Marina del Rey) could help me out with the install. I'll buy lunch and/or beer for your time? I don't want to take it to a "professional" installer as I'd rather have someone who's already installed this on their TL helping me out. Hope someone has some free time and an empty stomach!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Advanced

Okay.... how about a little cash? We can discuss via PM if anyone can help. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:17 AM
NBP is a pain...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
it's pretty easy actually. all you need to do is remove the aluminum trim with a flathead with a piece of cloth and just slide it underneath the trim and gently pry the trim. Be careful not to force it, it should easily pop out by itself. Then remove the plastic covers and you should be able to find the xm harness passthrough. i would help but i've only done it to my car and i don't want to liable for any damages i might cause :-P
Old 12-11-2009, 01:55 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
look in this thread for the service manual in post #5:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/those-who-have-service-manual-i-need-help-3g-garage-f-052-a-557238/

on the instructions, basically all you have to do is remove the silver trim on the left side. it pops right out. use a butter knife wrapped in a thin t-shirt and pry it up. then there are 4 screws to remove the plastic panel next to the driver's right leg. you might also want to remove the pastic underneath the dashboard lower cover which is kind of a bitch but it's also one of those things that's just held in by clips so it pops out. after this, you'll have access to the plug in the back of the radio system.

i've done this install before. i'm right down the street from you and i can help you do this but i can't guarantee that i won't mess anything up.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wasupdog
look in this thread for the service manual in post #5:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557238

on the instructions, basically all you have to do is remove the silver trim on the left side. it pops right out. use a butter knife wrapped in a thin t-shirt and pry it up. then there are 4 screws to remove the plastic panel next to the driver's right leg. you might also want to remove the pastic underneath the dashboard lower cover which is kind of a bitch but it's also one of those things that's just held in by clips so it pops out. after this, you'll have access to the plug in the back of the radio system.

i've done this install before. i'm right down the street from you and i can help you do this but i can't guarantee that i won't mess anything up.
Hey wasupdog, I'd seriously appreciate your help. I'm not asking you to do all of the work by any means, but just provide guidance or any extra elbow grease I might need. When are you free? We can discuss over PM if you prefer.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Advanced

wasupdog - thanks a ton for helping me out! the iSimple is pretty rocksolid in the 20 minutes I've been using it.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:48 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
it's not my fault when your entire dash falls off...