Uncomfortable seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncomfortable seats?

After driving my 09 TSX for a few days, I began to feel a back ache because of the placement of the lumbar support. I've tried numerous adjustments to the seat and ways of sitting, but it still seems to be a problem. I noticed on this forum that the driver's seat comfort issues were also known on the 1st Gen TSX. I otherwise absolutely love my TSX, but I have to get this resolved. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Racer

seats sit nice and comfy for me. hopefully you can get the right setting... maybe buy an aftermarket seat back pad for your ache if all else fails.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Racer

have had mine for a month now and have no problems with the seats. they are comfortable for me. but then again, i'm not really that tall.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Race Director

that's odd, i test drove the 09 TSX and the seats were much better than the seats in the 1st gen TSX.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My comfort issues with the 1st gen seats went away after a few weeks. I think the cushions finally adjusted to me and I adjusted to the cushions.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Advanced

The seats are great for me and I have back problems......try raising and lowering the seat at different angles that might help.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Advanced

I have some discomfort in my new 08. It was bad after a 4 hour road trip the day I got the car. Gotten better since. Having said that the 09 seats felt better when I test drove it. I'd keep adjusting things, maybe the position could be better.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vt88mike
After driving my 09 TSX for a few days, I began to feel a back ache because of the placement of the lumbar support. I've tried numerous adjustments to the seat and ways of sitting, but it still seems to be a problem. I noticed on this forum that the driver's seat comfort issues were also known on the 1st Gen TSX. I otherwise absolutely love my TSX, but I have to get this resolved. Has anyone else had this problem?
I had the same problem at first. It was because I didn't have the seat adjusted just right for me. Go easy with the lumbar - the lowest setting should be fine, and play with all the angles. Once you get it just right, set that sucker in the memory! After a lot of trial and error, I got mine just right. It's now all-day comfortable.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by vt88mike
The seats in this car are horrible. I drove to Renton from Port Angeles last weekend and I'm still paying the price a week later. I've tried everything and nothing seems to make it any better. I thought of driving to Calgary, Alberta but wondered how I would deal with the back ache which, whithing about ten minutes turns into a shooting pain down my right leg and into my foot. Although I love this car more then any car I've owned, it's has the WORST seat comfort of any.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lou01
The seats in this car are horrible. I drove to Renton from Port Angeles last weekend and I'm still paying the price a week later. I've tried everything and nothing seems to make it any better. I thought of driving to Calgary, Alberta but wondered how I would deal with the back ache which, whithing about ten minutes turns into a shooting pain down my right leg and into my foot. Although I love this car more then any car I've owned, it's has the WORST seat comfort of any.
Are you sure its just not your back? Have you had an MRI recently? I'm 6'6" and have a degenerative disk and have not had any pain whatsoever......that wasn't there to begin with.....The furthest I've driven in one shot so far has been 220 miles and I felt no pain. My wife has an '08 328i with the sport package, and our seats are much more comfortable.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Instructor

i find these seats MUCH more comfortable than the prev gen's that I've driven. I had an issue for the first couple days that I had the car where the right side of my back would hurt while driving because of the positioning of the bolster. But once I adjusted the height of the seat, it was MUCH better and hasn't been a problem since
Old 08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
The Anti Avatar

Originally Posted by Lou01
The seats in this car are horrible. I drove to Renton from Port Angeles last weekend and I'm still paying the price a week later. I've tried everything and nothing seems to make it any better. Although I love this car more then any car I've owned, it's has the WORST seat comfort of any.
Is this w/ an 09 or 08 TSX? I drove an hour to work each day and LOVE the seats. The one complaint I do have is the seat belt buckle is a little tight against my hip that might be problem-matic on longer trips, but other than that the seats was one of the first things I loved about my car.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with most people here that I have had no problems whatsoever with the seats of my TSX...I had the 06 and I had no problems with tem either but I am fairly light weight too so that might be also in my favor
Old 08-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Racer

the seats are comfortable, the headrests are terrible!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 PM
'08 CU2 Honda Accord Euro

Originally Posted by patcracks
the seats are comfortable, the headrests are terrible!
agreed.
Im not too keen on the head rests either. I wish you could just tilt them back a bit.

I really like the seats, better than the CL9 I had.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 AM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the first-generation seats were always uncomfortable for me as well. on road trips, i would have to get out and stretch every couple of hours before my back stiffened up completely. maybe you could try putting a supportive apparatus on the seat for more mid/lower back support and see how that goes.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:23 AM
10th Gear

Anyone having trouble with comfort issues find a solution yet? I have had a couple acuras and currently have a 08tls in my household and the tsx seat is making my back sore. It is like there is full lumbar even with it taken all the way out. I love this car and it is awesome but I have never had such an uncomfortable drivers seat. Also I am in good physical shape and dont have back problems so this worrys me as to maybe its a poor design. I have played with all of the adjustments and cannot get comfortable its like pressing in to my lower back in the wrong spot and too much. Any feedback is appreciated. I am at the point I am going to try to find out about having a custom shop try to redo the padding/lumbar in the seat for me if it is possible.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I have found the seats on my 06 tsx to be extremely comfortable. I travel from NC to NJ and back every few weeks.(635 miles-one way) I also have been on two cross-country roadtrips.(6,000+ miles each time). It took me awhile to get the seats adjusted to just the way I want but when I did I hit the memory button.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess the uncomfortable feelings are due to the ability of the seat to move and adjust in so many ways. Try changing just one thing at a time and give it a couple of days to sit with you. I've found the adjustment of the seat base up and down has a huge affect on post driving feel. Try moving the back of the seat base up and down and while keeping the rest the same and see how that goes. I've found the sweet spot in mine and haven't moved it from that position in 2 yrs. BTW, I've got a spinal fusion in my back which is prone to arthritis and haven't had an issue with my back at all through two cross-country trips (>2500 miles each time driven in less than 5 days each) since finding the sweet spot.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:11 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by fast1
I guess the uncomfortable feelings are due to the ability of the seat to move and adjust in so many ways. Try changing just one thing at a time and give it a couple of days to sit with you. I've found the adjustment of the seat base up and down has a huge affect on post driving feel. Try moving the back of the seat base up and down and while keeping the rest the same and see how that goes. I've found the sweet spot in mine and haven't moved it from that position in 2 yrs. BTW, I've got a spinal fusion in my back which is prone to arthritis and haven't had an issue with my back at all through two cross-country trips (>2500 miles each time driven in less than 5 days each) since finding the sweet spot.
I will try that thanks for the advice.