Clutch pedal rubber worn - Replace entire pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Clutch pedal rubber worn - Replace entire pedal?

I've been noticing on my 2012 TSX the the rubber on the clutch pedal has really worn down. Ive noticed a few times with wet boots my foot will slip and I'll be hanging on to the clutch with the edge of my boot. I've looked into pedal covers (there is an all rubber pedal cover, but I don't think its compatible with our sport pedals).

Is there an option to replace just the rubber vs buying the entire new pedal assembly? It's not the end of the world as it runs about $45 if I have to.

Part Number: 46545-SNW-J21
https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/...5-snw-j21.html

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,166 Likes on 877 Posts
The parts in the photo are not pedal assemblies ...they're just the covers.

Buy the metal cover if you have metal brake and gas pedal covers. One rubber cover and 2 metal covers would look funny.

You'll need a pop-rivet tool.
The following users liked this post:
TSX1012m6 (12-14-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
A. Get oem rubber inserts replacements from stealership
B. Get aftermarket (TL (04+) - Strut King) strutking has them for $6 each, I had this on my 05 Civic and on my TSX, love them, I feel they grip better than oem. Specially when your shoes are wet. clutch/brake are the same size covers. TL and civic are the same size too.
C. If you want to go non-sport pedal, like Roland said, once you remove the rivets, the metal cover (shiny part) and rubber insert come off, Pay for shipping an I'll send you my barely used oem rubber covers for free, that I took out when I upgraded to sports pedals, the oem rubber cover just slip over the pedal, no tools needed. But I think you will miss the cool factor and look of the sports pedals.