Best value pads/rotors for commuter TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:20 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Best value pads/rotors for commuter TSX?

My TSX is about ready for brakes and rotors on at least one axle, if not both. Honda OEM isn't great (warping) and probably expensive. I've had decent luck with Centric rotors from Tirerack on my S2000 (used OEM pads) but never tried their pads. I'm not looking for the absolute cheapest option, but I'm also realistic about this being a commuter car, I don't need a performance option. Anyone got a better quality/price option above Tirerack? I like buying from tirerack since they're a good company and support a lot of enthusiast forums/events/etc, but if there's a better quality/value option, I'm all ears.

TR Option:

Old 04-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
Check out rockauto. There are many pads on there with $15 rebates.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
also check out autoplicity.com I went with slotted EBC USR rotors, then again, its the v6 so I felt the additional performance was justified.

Those look to be good for the price. I think I paid like ~$400 for everything shipped for both front and rears including pads.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
I went with rda slotted and remsa pads pulls much better
Old 04-19-2014, 12:02 AM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts
Duralast Gold Cmax, haven't heard nothing but good reviews from them.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought performance DRT Noise Reduction Technology (NRT) rotors and centric ceramic brake pads from DRT_Motorsportsllc, all for $250. I have to say these are amazing. I bought ebc for my old tl before and now with my tsx I bought these and it does wonders better then ebc I think, also doesn't have that humming noise that most drilled slotted rotors have. but for pads I would prefer Hawk pads, better bite. yet im happy, it does a great job in stopping. I would do hawk if I go to the track but I don't.

if you guys want to speak to someone who will hook it up, speak to Woody Ly @ drtsport1@gmail.com

this will help you chose the rotors you want.

Choosing Your Rotors:
In the add message section of ebay type in your choice (Default: Drilled/Slotted)

Cross Drilled:
Recommended for everyday driving for driver who want to improve their brake but without the aggressive bite of the slot. It's pad friendly will not wear out the pads. It will increase cooling to prevent premature warping and brake fade.

Cross Drilled/Slotted:
Recommended for aggressive driver who want cooling of the cross drilled with an extra bite. The slot will increase initial pad bite when brake pedal is applied. The slots also help keep the pads surfaces clean and free of glazing as well as heat dissipation.

Slotted:
Recommended for aggressive driver, sport driving, and towing application. The slot will increase pad initial bite when brake pedal is applied. It will also help keep the pads surfaces clean and free of glazing as well as heat dissipation. Since it is not cross drilled there is no sacrifices in the structural integrity of the rotor.
Dimpled/Slotted:
Recommend for aggressive driver who want cross drilled and slotted look without sacrificing the structural integrity of the rotor. Excellent for all driving style, sport driving, towing, as well as everyday commuting. The slot will increase initial pad bite when the pedal is applied. The dimple gives it the cross drilled look and help dissipate heat from the surface of the rotor.

Last edited by theNHBRL; 04-24-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Drifting

Received 657 Likes on 478 Posts
I have to swap out my rotors again and I'm going with Auto Zone's new Duralast CMax rotors which are black zinc coated. I'm just waiting for them to manufacture the rear ones, which are listed on their website but you can't purchase them yet.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I installed the centric rotors n pads on the rears about a month ago and I'm happy with them. I was skeptical too but Im glad I got em. I also like the black E-coating, they are quiet, and I like the bite. Def. not better than hawks but I can't complain. Only downside(blaming Acura here), the rotors n pads are tiny.

FWIW I got all 4 rotors on amazon for 100 bucks! 60 for the fronts n 40 for rears. Normally 50f/34r each. if you have time/patients they often appear on their warehouse deals for super cheap. Not sure why, maybe damaged box or something similar. They are new too. Plus I have prime.

I got the pads for ~90 on eBay for all 4 corners.

Installing them is easy peazy (minus the pain in the ass screws that hold the rotors.) I said F*** it and jus drilled them out. went to the dealer n got new screws.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm running ebc blank rotors in the front paired with hawk pads, bite is good, nothing crazy but def better than my warped stock rotors at 21k