May Need my Houston members help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2000, 05:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down May Need my Houston members help

I have a customer from Houston Tx that ordered Greddy exhaust with dual option ($870), for his 99 honda accord coupe v6, back in Sept. His exhaust was delivered 4 days later, and now the credit card company is doing a "charge back", which just came out of my account.
They said they sent out a letter for me to disput this, but I have never received it. So I am out the $870. Doesn't seem fair, that they only contact me by mail, things get lost in the mail. But now it seems my only recourse is to track this guy down.

Anyone in Houston Tx area near one of these streets ? Westiemer , or Bellaire Blvd ?

Please say yes, or I am flying down their myself...
Old 11-08-2000, 06:36 PM
Racer

Regulators......MOUNT UP! What credit card company? Write them back saying that you will drop them if you don't get your $$$.

If not, break out the old Louisville

------------------
"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." --Dark Helmet

www.distributed.net
Old 11-08-2000, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

you don't have the guy's address or phone number? see what that punk is trying to pull...
Old 11-08-2000, 06:51 PM
Safety Car

You should be able to still fight the credit card company. Threaten them!

------------------
Alumapro BP-10, ZX400 Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), burlwood dash kit and shift knob, factory spoiler. Inspire tails baby!
------------------
Old 11-08-2000, 06:55 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's some f*cked up sh!t! Snook, I think ballxandxparlay is from Houston. Why don't you try emailing him if you haven't already. Too bad Houston is so far away from San Antonio cuz I'll be there on Monday and I would have driven by for you had it been within an hour. Sorry to hear that Snook.

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights.
Custom Mesh Bumper
Comptech Headers, Sways, Springs and Inspire Tails on the way - Thank You Mr. Snook!!!!
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 11-08-2000, 06:55 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Originally posted by Atomix:
Regulators......MOUNT UP! What credit card company? Write them back saying that you will drop them if you don't get your $$$.
16 in the clip and 1 in the hole, BNut about to make some bodies turn cold, now they dropping and yelling its a tad bit late, Atomix and BNut had to regulate!

Damn, I love that song from Warren G!

Anyway, I hang out on Westheimer with some other Accord people, but no one I know ordered a Greddy Dual option exhaust.

I'm still not clear how the Credit Card company is charging you for his order. What exactly is a charge back? Sounds pretty crappy if you ask me though!

I once got burned by a credit car for over $70 in finance charges because they claimed I did not pay my previous months balance in full. When I got the returned check I sent to the credit card company I almost crapped on myself and went f'ing postal! I wrote the dollar amount correctly in the little box; For example I put $100.43 but I forgot to spell out the cents part; For example: One Hundred & 43/100. All because I didn't put the 43/100 I had to pay $76 in finance charges! That is first and only time I have cussed somebody out over the phone! When you are in college paying for books, tuition, room and board, $76 is a LOT of money!

------------------
Brian =B-)
2000 Accord LX V6 Sedan White - 3,310 lbs w/ driver - 170HP & 160ft/lbs
- Eibach Pro-Kit (1.5" drop)
- Red AEM Short RAM Intake (8-10hp & 5-6 ft/lbs gain on a DynoJet)
- Red AEM Tru Power Pulleys (10hp @ 5,600rpms & 11ft/lbs @ 4,600rpms gain on a DynoJet)
- 15.5 @ 88mph (Track) [Time with AEM intake]
Old 11-08-2000, 07:05 PM
Advanced

Snook,

It doesn't do any good to threaten the Credit Card Co. Work w/them! Go through the whole process. Lots of paper work but that's what you'll have to do to try and get your money.

In the mean time, its likely that the person closed that credit card account. I don't know all the information you have on that person, but contact a collection agency and send all info that you have ASAP! You should be able to find one that will take 10% and up to 40% if they need to go to court. I know that seems steep, but at least that A$$HOLE will have his credit F-up, and have to deal with a collection agency and possibly court.
Old 11-08-2000, 07:12 PM
Burning Brakes

I used to manage a bar (Slick Willies Pool Hall, there's one on Westheimer). The CC company will honor your dispute if you can show them the info that you used to process the charge.

Use your online payment processing records to show that the guy authorized payment. Usually, they need to see a signed reciept but this is all you will be able to do.

(I added this later)- Some merchants require that the address the customer recieves is the same as the billing address for the card. You really should verify the billing address for your customers with the CC company. That will help protect you in instances like this, where my best guess is that the cc 3 was a stolen one, and the guy who ordered the stuff was not the cardholder.

A "charge back" is simply where the person disputed making the charge. Possibly, someone stole the # and fradulently billed the guy's card and bought the stuff from you. If you cannot prove it was the cardholder himself that bought the stuff then you may be out some cash. Read the info that came with your merchant account for more help.

Good luck, that sucks. Hey, speaking of - I never got my shift knob yet... You say it shipped last week?

------------------
'01 WDP TL
Momo shift, wing, tint, Whistler 6-band.
'88 White RX-7 Convertible
BBS, Kenwood 'Flip-face,' Fosgate Fanatic 4.9, Fosgate 8", Boston Acoustics.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Gomez on 11-08-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 11-08-2000, 07:22 PM
Intermediate

that's what i was thinking too...along the lines of gomez's words.
since the guy bought the stuff from you, don't you have his address/ phone number/ info to send the stuff to? use this info to see if it matches the punk that is trying to pull a fast one, if he's trying to pull a fast one. work with the credit card co. and see if he's a fraud or not.
Old 11-08-2000, 08:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

I do have his address, that is why I want someone in Houston to go pay a visit and see if they see an Accord. The # I got no one answers
The credit card company sends out a disput, and I have so long to answer, if I don't, I loose out. Thats it. I never got the paper. I talked and pleaded and they still said there is nothing they can do. They consider it fruad.
Old 11-08-2000, 08:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

11810 Bellaire Blvd #b, in Houston Texas, the package was left at the office.
If anyone is close to this, can see if this is some sort of appartments ? I need a phone #
Man I am sick..
Old 11-08-2000, 09:10 PM
Instructor

i dont live around there, but i do go down there often. i will be going there in a few days. i will check it out and let you know. the address you gave could very well be in a shopping center. as far as i know there is no apartments on that block, but i will check.
Old 11-08-2000, 10:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Ok...... i typed that address in my navigation (hehe... put it to use for once)I found out it's in this center where i get my hair cut. It's a shopping strip. There's is a performance shop there, name Hocus Pocus. Dunno if they are in this, doubt it though. But right next to my hair cut place, there's this shop i don't know what it is. There is always a white accord coupe parked outside with a kit. I never noticed the exaust. If it's him, i dunno what to say to him. He's this thug that i heard of (he's vietnamese)
Tell me wassup Snook!!!
Old 11-09-2000, 12:58 AM
Drifting

I don't know how it is down there, but up here Vietnamese bangers run in extremely large numbers, probably among the biggest asian gang memebers we have. They are also quick to shoot. So, if you do confront him, be careful.
Old 11-09-2000, 02:07 AM
Pro

I hate ghetto asses.
Old 11-09-2000, 07:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SoundSpeed:
I don't know how it is down there, but up here Vietnamese bangers run in extremely large numbers, probably among the biggest asian gang memebers we have. They are also quick to shoot. So, if you do confront him, be careful.
No lie, they shot up a pool hall not too long ago in Houston. Don't want to stereotype, but you said he was a thug.

------------------
'01 WDP TL
Old 11-09-2000, 03:24 PM
Racer

Wink

OK, forget the Louisville, time to go Warren G style definately.....

Collection agency sounds like a good idea, he won't be able to buy dogs from the pet store on his Visa for a couple of years......sorry for the dog thing....

------------------
"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." --Dark Helmet

www.distributed.net
Old 11-09-2000, 03:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

I found out from AMX that this guys card was used like 4 times in a couple days, all fraud, so I wasn't the only one he got. So I was on a mission. Going to get my dam money back!
ballxnxparlay posted Hocus Pocus was near them so I called. The address was right in the same shopping center. They got me the # of the shipping address, so I called. They remember the package being there for a few days then their next door tentant came over and asked if they got any packages. (the packages were shipped to A and there tenents were in B, B was were it was suppose to go, glad it went to A) He gave them the packages, and smartly took down the guys phone # in licence plate before releasing the boxes
I called the # they gave me and asked the person that answered if he was the Accord owner and worked for such and such company, he said yes and I told him how I was the one that shipped the parts and he had to pay up. He said it wasn't him (sure) but he would find out. I called him back later and I told him I had 2 options, send one of my members from my assiocation (ballxnxparlay) to collect for me ( and I would not like to see that or I would call the cops.
He said he would call his friend and tell him. He called back and said ok how can his friend pay, that he was scared shitless, I told him to order online the same parts with a GOOD credit card. And if he did this I wouldn't turn him in because I know it was done to others. He did and I got the approval.
Heya!
Now do I turn him in to help these other business that lost out (and take a risk of this kid skipping town and possible lose out on My money) or leave it alone and be happy I got my money back ?
Old 11-09-2000, 03:51 PM
Daddy

Question

Tim,

How do you know the card he used the second time was not also stolen?

------------------
'00 Firepepper Red TL
Old 11-09-2000, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs down

Good for you - you make me proud. Awwww!

Seroiusly, it's possible the other companies responded to the CC company's charge back letters and got to keep their money. Most likely it's the CC company that got screwed, so why should you help them out? That's my opinion, 'cause I hate CC companies w/ their 'discount rates' that charge merchants such as you a percentage of the transaction for the privelege of being able to tender their stupid cards.

Consider all that money you've lost in discount fee money, that ultimately adds up to cover the CC company's butt in instances such as these. God, I'm negative today! Do what you want...

I say consider yourself lucky and forget about the whole thing. Oh yeah - way to go, ballxnxparlay by helping Snook out!

------------------
'01 WDP TL
Old 11-09-2000, 03:57 PM
Burning Brakes

That's good news!!! UmMmm... have you told the CC company that you tracked down the person who used the stolen/reprogrammed CC? Maybe they can do something to get him busted?
Old 11-09-2000, 05:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TLinKC:
Tim,

How do you know the card he used the second time was not also stolen?

I don't but I belive I scared him enough that it is correct. If not I will still hold on to the info I have gathered

Do I didn't tell the cc company

Old 11-09-2000, 06:23 PM
Burning Brakes

my personal opinion is that you should roll up on that bee-atch wit a gat. hehe.
Old 11-09-2000, 09:01 PM
Daddy

If you're not risking losing your $$$, I say you should report him!

The way I look at it is when I worked retail when we had somebody passing bad checks/credit cards/cash we always tried to inform other retailers in the area (even competitors) and they always returned the favor.

Hopefully by you reporting him we won't take advantage of other sites.

------------------
'00 Firepepper Red TL
Old 11-10-2000, 12:36 AM
Drifting

It is good you are getting your money and are able to avoid a possibly ugly confrontation.
Old 11-10-2000, 12:57 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

My motto.....CYA (cover your a$$) and yours alone. F**k the cc company..they are the ones that screwed u to begin with. Like I always say....PAYBACK IS A *****!

BTW - those cc companies gots lots of moolah. its 'bout time they get the shaft!