Driver side leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side leak

I searched and read some threads but can't find a concrete answer.

I have a 2003 TL type s. As of late, my driver's side is wet under the carpet. I can't tell where it's coming from. Sunroof drain was cleared a few weeks ago and water was coming down just fine. It rained a couple of days ago and I went to my car 30 minutes after it started raining, and it was damp as hell down there.

Lifted the car up today and there's a little hole in the body that might be causing it, but I'm not sure. How could the water from rain go UP from under the car while parked? Also, that much water? I feel like it's gotta be coming from somewhere else, but don't know where.

So it gets wet, while parked, and I can't figure it out.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Connect that drain pipe and use some ring so it will not happen again. It is up left from yours foot at car body. Googable. I would not botter to post pictures.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbsitum
Connect that drain pipe and use some ring so it will not happen again. It is up left from yours foot at car body. Googable. I would not botter to post pictures.
Connect what drain type? Sorry, I don't understand..
Old 08-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...r-side-949536/
Go from there and google for photos at yours own. There is dosen of it at Internet.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by OTHREETLS
I searched and read some threads but can't find a concrete answer.

I have a 2003 TL type s. As of late, my driver's side is wet under the carpet. I can't tell where it's coming from. Sunroof drain was cleared a few weeks ago and water was coming down just fine. It rained a couple of days ago and I went to my car 30 minutes after it started raining, and it was damp as hell down there.

Lifted the car up today and there's a little hole in the body that might be causing it, but I'm not sure. How could the water from rain go UP from under the car while parked? Also, that much water? I feel like it's gotta be coming from somewhere else, but don't know where.

So it gets wet, while parked, and I can't figure it out.
I've never tried to clean the drains on a 2G TL or a 6G Accord (I assume they're very similar), however, I have heard cleaning the drains, if not done carefully can lead to the top half of the drain pipe becoming separated from the bottom half. When this happens, water usually pools in the front footwells.

Question, did your Driver's side carpeting get wet when the car was parked before you had the drains cleaned?
Old 08-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by horseshoez
I've never tried to clean the drains on a 2G TL or a 6G Accord (I assume they're very similar), however, I have heard cleaning the drains, if not done carefully can lead to the top half of the drain pipe becoming separated from the bottom half. When this happens, water usually pools in the front footwells.

Question, did your Driver's side carpeting get wet when the car was parked before you had the drains cleaned?
I would just check with hand if is pipe disconected or not. 10 seconds job. Or if he need to see it use mirror and flash light. Easy too.