Disarming factory alarm to remote start with compustar alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disarming factory alarm to remote start with compustar alarm

I am having the security system reworked on the car and when the compustar security system was installed, it arms and so does the factory system. This is frustrating in that when i try and remote start, u guessed it, the factory car alarm goes off. Does anyone know how to get around this and what is the easiest way.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:25 AM
Pro

cut the wire to the factory horn naw jus kiddin. Same thing is happening with my g/f's accord. installed viper 550 alarm with engine start and now it has factory alarm disarmed and armed with the aftermarket one too.

by the way, how is the compustar?
Old 08-18-2002, 07:57 AM
Having Fun?

wow, I was thinking about getting the compustar with remote start, but if I can't use it without the alarm going off I wouldn't get it.

Is this per the norm for aftermarket alarms???
Old 08-18-2002, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

The computstar is a awesome secuirity system, and I do know that there are others one the forum here that have been using it and it does work. I mean, what other security system pages you when being tampered with, and you can actually remote start and be notified of it froma mile away. It really is awesome. But has anyone on here had any experience with this.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the high beam bulbs namely the driverside one, and same on the factory fog bulbs?

And lastly, has anyone put a aftermarket headunit in a 2003 and wired it using the IR sensor to the controls, from my understanding the car didnt change in that respect this yr and I dont understand why the difficulty they are having with it. Which one did you guys use if so?
Old 08-18-2002, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by copland007
wow, I was thinking about getting the compustar with remote start, but if I can't use it without the alarm going off I wouldn't get it.

Is this per the norm for aftermarket alarms???
Definitely not the norm. I've got a Clifford Concept 100 with remote start, working in tandem with the factory alarm. When I remote start the car, if it was already locked and armed it stays that way. When I get to the car, pressing the remote unlocks it and disarms both alarms. If the car is unlocked and unarmed (rare because I have it auto-arm after 30 seconds), it will remote start and the car remains unlocked and unarmed. If I use the remote starter to keep the car running (like going to the ATM), the car will stay unlocked and unarmed unless I arm it. Very great set-up and the factory alarm operation is invisible. Arms and disarms together all the time.

If we get the next MA meet together soon before you get one installed I'll show you how it works.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Having Fun?

Cool, yah I won't be getting it installed until after my move to Waltham. Too much going on now

We should kick off another Mass meet.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disarming factory alarm to remote start with compustar alarm

Originally posted by Black 2003 Styp
I am having the security system reworked on the car and when the compustar security system was installed, it arms and so does the factory system. This is frustrating in that when i try and remote start, u guessed it, the factory car alarm goes off. Does anyone know how to get around this and what is the easiest way.
First off, it doesn't sound like your installer tested your remote start function very well! I, too, have a CompuStar AutoStart alarm -- and when I arm it, my factory alarm remains off. I still have a functioning factory alarm, though. I've found that it's handy for times when I need to put the CompuStar alarm in valet mode (dealer service, valet parking, etc.) but I still want the car protected (somewhat) when the doors are locked. Just manually locking my doors (with the key) arms the factory alarm.

But since I didn't install it (Tdoh's brother did it at his shop) I couldn't begin to tell you how it was set up. But I'm sure you could PM Tdoh and get his bro's contact info if you really need it.

Good luck! That alarm, when you get it working correctly, it pretty amazing!

V.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:39 PM
Intermediate

Thanks guys, I do appreciate it. I am having a different place rewire it up where I live and I think they will be able to solve it. I guess this isnt to big a problem to fix. as the thing works just fine. only thing is that it arms everything when remote started. BF
Old 08-19-2002, 12:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

than normal you have to set the setting for the alarm on the remote start.......look under menu 2 option 7 that disarms the factory alarm first thens starts then rearms it...the manual gives a good reason why our cars need that ....... its perfectly normal.....i have the same alaram and problem but its now fixed...
Old 08-19-2002, 08:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

My CL-S was the same way after I put in the 550ESP. The installer had to ground out the factory alarm wire to totaly disable it. So now the factory alarm is disabled, & the Viper works fine. The chip in the key still works fine though.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:59 AM
Advanced

There is a blue wire at the drivers door key cylinder that when pulsed with ground will disarm the alarm w/ no unlock.....you will most likely have to go into the drivers door for this...although you may be able to trace the wire to the drivers kick panel. I'm not familar with the Compustar but if it is anything like a Viper550esp, there is a setting to have the alarm pulse ground to disarm just prior to remote start...and then you can have it pulse to the doorlock wire to rearm once it shuts down.