Attn: Stylin Silver Sled

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2000, 04:55 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Attn: Stylin Silver Sled

I live in Hawaii and I am a hardcore U of H Warrior fan But every since I was in high school I loved the Miami Hurricanes.
With that said, I can't believe the BSC poll, ranking Florida State #2 and Miami #3 when we(Miami) beat those SemiNO's.
What a ripp, I hope that Florida beat the living crap out of FSU, so we can become #2.

Sorry I know this is an off topic but I wanted Stylin' to read this.

------------------
tann@808-'00 TL
non-Navi(Doesn't work in Hawaii)

Factory body kit & Wing, 19" Racing Hart C-5's, Nitto 555's,
CompTech Springs, CompTech Exhaust, AEM CAI,
TL rear door handles in front, Alpine 8080.

tann@pixi.com
Old 11-09-2000, 05:27 PM

Smile

I too hope that UF lays some smack down on FSU. But first things first: FSU has got to make it past Wake Forest first!
<------ Go Deacs!!!
The rumor on campus is that to even up the game, FSU has to play with one arm tied behind their backs and Wake players get to carry stun guns and pepper spray.
Yeah, we're still screwed. Our only objective is to keep FSU under 5,000 yards, and that'll take everything we've got! Damn, we're so dead.

------------------
"Kids in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause kids."

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by JuggernautTL on 11-09-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 11-09-2000, 07:03 PM
Drifting

Angry

This is a very soar subject for me to talk about. I am a die hard college football fan who bleeds orange and green (UM Colors). I still do not understand the reasoning that UM is behind those damn seminoles. I take nothing away from FSU because they are a great team who can beat pretty much anyone in the nation. However, the fact still remains that Miami beat the #1 and #2 teams in the nation at various points in the season and our only loss was at an away game in Washington, a game that we almost won (34-29). Washington is now ranked #5 in the nation, a great team in their own conference who also has a very tough schedule. What pisses me off about the BCS is this...the computer polls are useless. They are run by computer geeks who by self admission have hardly watched college football and do not even like sports. One poll that ranks FSU way ahead of Miami is run by a company out of Daytona Beach, Florida. The person who runs the poll is a Florida State graduate from what I heard on the radio today. In another poll based out of Seattle, Washington, the two people who run the poll are both University of Washington graduates. They have UW higher than ALL the other polls. I think that the computers spit out whatever the pollsters want them to. Its not that hard to change a programming line to get the result you want. To say I am irrate about this is an understatment! I am also emotional about my team and may not be causing such a fuss if Miami was number 2 in the BCS...where they should be according to most experts and college football fans. In my opinion there are a few things that need to happen for Miami to play in the Orange Bowl on January 3, 2001 @ 8:00 p.m. (by the way I already have my tickets for this game and if Miami is not there, i will be selling them to some FSU fan for much more than I payed for them, and I plan to give him a bottle of vaseline as he will pay out the ass for them. I figure the cost of my airfare, ticket and hotel to see the Hurricanes should be covered). Getting back to the scenerios that Miami needs to get into the Orange Bowl:

Florida has to beat Florida State or
Nebraska beats Oklahoma or
Oklahoma loses this week to Texas A&M

with this said, who knows what will happen with the BCS (Bull Crap Standings)! I dont understand it and think they should move to a playoff system of 8 teams. The top 8 teams from the COACHES poll, not the AP poll should play each other similar to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Basketball tournament.

No matter what happens though, I can hold my head high that the Hurricanes played a damn good schedule and had a F*cking great year where we beat the #1 and #2 teams in the country. Some may argue that V Tech was a paper tiger, but going into the Miami game they were undefeated right? So, I have nothing to be upset about as long as I know we had a great year, which we have so far. I have been a Canes fan ever since my first grade teacher showed me his UM class ring. I knew I always wanted to go to UM, and I did, twice (BBA in accounting, and Masters in Taxation). I have supported my team by going to the majority of home games over a 14 year period and a fair share of away games, including the infamous Fiesta bowl where Miami showed up in army fatigues. I have been there through the hard times when we were on probation and the good times when we used to just ass f*ck any team that we played and leave them crying on the field.

So no matter what happens with the BCS I have come to the realization that we dont need to prove anything to anyone because we are THE CANES!

------------------
18" OZ Nova Modulars
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport Headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Sony TV tuner
Sony Mobile ES receiver
Santeca 6.5" TV monitor
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
Phoenix Gold Zeropoint distribution block
------------------------
Koni rear struts, brake upgrade and Inspire tail lights to come in the not so distant future.
Old 11-09-2000, 07:07 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Tann@808:
I loved the Miami Hurricanes. Sorry I know this is an off topic but I wanted Stylin' to read this.
Bro, anytime a fellow UM fan wants to come to a game let me know. We tailgate religiously and love the games. Try and make a vacation next football season and catch a game. That goes for anyone too. If you are a Canes fan, you're more than welcome to catch a game with me

------------------
18" OZ Nova Modulars
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport Headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Sony TV tuner
Sony Mobile ES receiver
Santeca 6.5" TV monitor
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
Phoenix Gold Zeropoint distribution block
------------------------
Koni rear struts, brake upgrade and Inspire tail lights to come in the not so distant future.